Page 29 of 161 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Don't take things so literally. I'm quite sure he was just making a point.
    I think that’s for uh__no to say, not me or anyone else. I don’t see any particular reason to think he did not quite literally mean it. Besides, it’s not all that outlandish of a potential wish (trade a Giants win over the Patriots for a Duke loss).

Daniel Jones is a compelling athlete and Duke fans REALLY like him and want to see him do well. Also, uh__no might be a Giants fan and/or he might enjoy seeing the Patriots lose. I know I do, even though I was born in Boston and lived there until I was seven. I attended many Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox games, but never a Patriots game.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I think that’s for uh__no to say, not me or anyone else. I don’t see any particular reason to think he did not quite literally mean it. Besides, it’s not all that outlandish of a potential wish (trade a Giants win over the Patriots for a Duke loss).

Daniel Jones is a compelling athlete and Duke fans REALLY like him and want to see him do well. Also, uh__no might be a Giants fan and/or he might enjoy seeing the Patriots lose. I know I do, even though I was born in Boston and lived there until I was seven. I attended many Celtics, Bruins, and Red Sox games, but never a Patriots game.
    You take EVERYTHING very literally, don't you? Conversations are more nuanced than that. I don't think anyone on a Duke forum truly would LITERALLY trade a Duke loss for a Patriot loss...but many might muse something in the middle of a Patriots game...

Why, just because one former Duke player plays for the Giants? For that you would sacrifice a Duke win? I haven’t read the entire thread, so perhaps you alluded to it previously. Anyway, I was just curious.
    Probably hates (like most) the Patriots and them going down to a rookie qb from Duke would be a sight to see for him. More so if he is a Giants fan.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    You take EVERYTHING very literally, don't you? Conversations are more nuanced than that. I don't think anyone on a Duke forum truly would LITERALLY trade a Duke loss for a Patriot loss...but many might muse something in the middle of a Patriots game...
    No, I absolutely do NOT take everything very literally. That’s quite an odd thing for you to state as if it’s somehow fact. Strange.

So, the Daniel Jones thread has gone from arguing about Baker Mayfield to arguing about what a poster meant in an offhand comment?

Maybe I need to start another distraction flypaper thread . . . .

No, I absolutely do NOT take everything very literally. That’s quite an odd thing for you to state as if it’s somehow fact. Strange.
    Well, obviously he didn't literally mean EVERYTHING...

/sarc

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Probably hates (like most) the Patriots and them going down to a rookie qb from Duke would be a sight to see for him. More so if he is a Giants fan.
    Unlike the most who would hate the Patriots, I grew up in that area and have been a fan all these years. Most of the hatred comes from jealousy. Duke fans should know, as duke also has many haters who focus on any wisp of a negative story, many of which are copletely unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    Unlike the most who would hate the Patriots, I grew up in that area and have been a fan all these years. Most of the hatred comes from jealousy. Duke fans should know, as duke also has many haters who focus on any wisp of a negative story, many of which are copletely unjustified.
    oh yeah, and the cheating. Can't forget about the cheating.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    oh yeah, and the cheating. Can't forget about the cheating.
    +1. And not to get into politics, but there are other non-jealousy, Patriots-unique reasons to dislike that organization versus others in the NFL.

Jones is really regressing with this awful Giants team

Daniel Jones throws a 28 yard TD pass to cut Arizona’s lead to 17-7.
    Bob Green

That pass was gorgeous. Giants trail by 3 and driving

Glad to see the team woke up and Jones looks more like himself. Of course, his receivers have dropped two passes in this drive...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Glad to see the team woke up and Jones looks more like himself. Of course, his receivers have dropped two passes in this drive...
    ...and the kicker doinked a shortie

Wow. The Giants offensive line is down right bad

Poor DJ. Got wrecked two times in one drive
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

5 fumbles lost and 7 interceptions, that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    5 fumbles lost and 7 interceptions, that's not good.
    Yes but not all his fault. He has also had a ton of dropped passes that were right in the receiver’s hands. The line was awful and today the ball was very wet. He has had some good moments but he has also made some unforced errors. He is learning but this was a missed opportunity to get a win.

The picks are probably about par for the course, the fumbles are the concern.

He needs an OL that blocks. Today I counted five drops.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Poor DJ. Got wrecked two times in one drive
    If they don't get him some help in the off-season, DJ may have a short career. No QB can sustain what he's having to deal with right now.