Page 50 of 122 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2439
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    The old "his family values education" canard never ceases to amuse...they generally "value" it for about nine months.
    Oh, it's longer than that, the recruiting process, and interviews with the press, starts in the freshman or sophomore year of high school.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Oh, it's longer than that, the recruiting process, and interviews with the press, starts in the freshman or sophomore year of high school.
    I think budwom was referring to the amount of time many of our recruits these days actually spend in a Duke classroom. But you probably knew what he meant. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Given your description of Kessler as such an elite post scorer I would think he might be ranked higher. Not that he's ranked low by any means... inasmuch as he might be lower than expected, is the primary reason because he's not a great athlete?
    Well, I am not a scout and have seen very little of these players outside of Youtube highlights, but I suspect Kessler is one of those players where their skills and production scream top 10 player but their athleticism, physical build (length!!), and potential at the next level hurts their ranking a little bit.

The reality is that everyone considers Kessler the kind of player who will have an immediate impact in college and could be a dominant post player from day one. Whether he is ranked about #15 or #5, that isn't going to change.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Well, I am not a scout and have seen very little of these players outside of Youtube highlights, but I suspect Kessler is one of those players where their skills and production scream top 10 player but their athleticism, physical build (length!!), and potential at the next level hurts their ranking a little bit.

The reality is that everyone considers Kessler the kind of player who will have an immediate impact in college and could be a dominant post player from day one. Whether he is ranked about #15 or #5, that isn't going to change.

Makes sense... thanks again for the info/perspective.

Evan Daniels CB pick for Kessler--UNC.

If that happens it's huge.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    Evan Daniels CB pick for Kessler--UNC.

If that happens it's huge.
    Silver lining is that if Paolo reclassifies, we'll have a center position for him.

Kessler verbally committed to UNC.

https://247sports.com/college/basket...mpression=true

This stings. Kessler actually said we'd recruited him the hardest.

Wow. I mean... losing him to any school would've been disappointing. Losing him to UNC is really tough to swallow.

But the Cheats don’t recruit OADs...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

We can’t win em all, but this one stings.

There will be some competition for playing time for him as Brooks and Manley will both be seniors and Roy does love to play his seniors.

Good thing Duke was looking at other big men in this class. Mt. Williams just became an even bigger priority.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Keenan Worthington needs to spend the next season bulking up. If he is at least 230, he'll be seeing minutes at the 5.

Where did that commitment come from! Didn't see us losing out on kessler to the holes. Especially considering now they have two centres - but I guess that suits roys system to a tee.

Hopefully that means Williams and Coleman are coming down. Along with Zaire

Henry Coleman is 6'7/6'8 238 lb. Depending on the matchup he might see lots of minutes at the 5 in many major programs.

After years of having multiple 5* big men over 6'10, seems like our team composition is swinging back to being wing / guard heavy.

surprising but turn the page. next man in.

Isaiah Todd and Dawson Garcia. Hunter Dickinson. One of these 3 in addition to Mark Williams. Get his commitment!

Quote Originally Posted by frb View Post
    surprising but turn the page. next man in.

Isaiah Todd and Dawson Garcia. Hunter Dickinson. One of these 3 in addition to Mark Williams. Get his commitment!
    Isaiah Todd is mostly definite going to UK. They're in the same boat as we're in when it comes to having no post players.

Henry Coleman is 6'8 240, and should be able to get minutes at the 5.

How much should we be concerned with being very weak at the 5 next year?

Well that’s a shocker. Any of you 18 year olds want to start at center for a preseason top 5 team? Hopefully Mark Williams and Coleman see this as good news and commit soon. Both would get major minutes next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil16 View Post
    How much should we be concerned with being very weak at the 5 next year?
    I think we need to see how this year plays out.

Ugh. Definitely a gut punch. While I'm sure, Duke being Duke, we'll come up with something good at center, it probably won't be a sweet-shooting 7-footer. I am excited that Jalen Johnson is already in the truck, but I was much more excited about the possibility of the Johnson-Kessler pairing in the frontcourt, which I viewed as very complementary. With Jalen being a weak shooter, it would've been nice to have Kessler pulling the opposing center away from the basket as Jalen made his drives to the rim. They were a perfect match, and in general, Kessler would've made every teammate on the floor better with his spacing.

And, obviously, we lost out to UNC, too, who will get to enjoy the big man spacing instead of us.

Dang, it’s like Harrison Barnes all over again.

I can live with that.