Page 11 of 161 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
  1. Here's a good article on DJ as the starter:

Daniel Jones replaces Eli Manning: Here's how the Giants offense will change and could immediately improve

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/d...ately-improve/

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Exactly. That’s where my comment came from.

I am happy to be the token Pas fan on DBR.

I like BD80’s Blue Devil posts, but we’re never gonna see eye to eye on the NFL

I bet we both root for the Giants the next time they play Dallas!

Other than that, … yeah, you're probably right

Too soon. Fingers crossed this works out for the best for Daniel.
    Rooting for him to be successful!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    No telling. If I remember correctly (too lazy to research this afternoon), Big Ben went in on the second game of his rookie season when Tommy Maddox got hurt and didn't lose until the AFC Championship Game.

Big, BIG caveat: The Steelers had an awesome defense and Jerome Bettis. Daniel has neither.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Other than waiting until they had a fuller set of receivers, I don't know that sooner or later makes much difference. However optimistic or pessimistic fans may have been before the season started, that's cratered fast, so only the whiniest, most reactionary of fans will dump on him if the team continues to do poorly. And from both his rep coming in, and everything that's been said about him since coming here, he's a quick study, and probably has less need for more weeks of study and practice reps to understand the offense than some rookies might. I posted in the other thread that I thought it would be later, and even after the first 2 games I didn't expect it this early, but you're not contending anyway, might as well let him start getting in there, and moving along the learning curve. If he struggles, he struggles.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    As I said, Giants fans on Twitter is "where it gained traction." I did not know where it was actually first stated.
    I know. I wasn't being critical but was giving more background, since the original question was where the nickname came from.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Would have been more impressed by a take-off of Me & Mrs. (Daniel) Jones. They got a thing...going on. Eli knows that it's wrong. But Dan's much too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Dallas will still win.gotta wush jones luck in every other game though.
    Its a great opportunity.

The guys on XM Fantasy Football seem impressed with Daniel's pre-season as they are calling him "Danny Dimes". Good luck young man and I hope your offensive line is better than I think they are. GoDuke and Go"Danny Dimes".

Quote Originally Posted by g4orce View Post
    With the exception of the Yankees, I've never really followed NY pro sports much. Yeah, I'll watch a game here or there, but now I'm interested because:

Daniel Jones @ NYG (starter)
    RJ Barrett @ NY Knicks (starter)
    Kyrie Irving @ Brooklyn Nets (starter)
    Jamison Crowder @ NY Jets (starter)

It's really cool to see Duke getting some high visibility in other pro sports besides basketball.
    Marcus Stroman @ Mets (starter)
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Perhaps the best news is that Jones's teammates are said to respect him, which is no small thing.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Perhaps the best news is that Jones's teammates are said to respect him, which is no small thing.
    I can't imagine that Shurmur would have made this move unless he knew the players, at least a lot of them, would welcome the change.

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post

Consider it done!

I actually like the Giants. I’ve been an Eli fan for a while and think the dude has always gotten an unfair rep (NY media, less talented younger brother, poor team management). I also think the way he’s handled the DJ news has been professional (and of course he’s disappointed! That’s only natural).
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

I'll happily join fdd and BD80 in rooting for the Giants against the Cowboys.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    As a general rule of thumb I tend to root against NY teams since they're often so easy to vilify (not to mention it's always more fun rooting for a plucky small-market underdog). The NFC East has sometimes been one of my exceptions considering the Cowboys are the real evil empire of football (not to mention Jerry Jones is such a troublesome figure) and the Washington Football Team has it's own issues (that I not so subtly just highlighted). My team of choice has typically been the Eagles since I have friends who are Eagles fans. Now it's very easy to say I'm rooting for the Giants in that division. And as a Lions fan, it's always good to have other teams to root for in the NFL so that I don't fall into despair when they inevitably implode.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    awesome
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Why are people wasting their time hating on the Cowboys when that organization sabotages itself from within? The Patriots are the only real evil we should all unite against...😀

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    Why are people wasting their time hating on the Cowboys when that organization sabotages itself from within? The Patriots are the only real evil we should all unite against...😀
    I mean, we don't root against NCSU... Is there much difference?

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post

"Brady and Bündchen stick to a firm set of dietary rules: No white sugar. No white flour. No nightshade vegetables (peppers, eggplant, tomatoes) for Brady. Only whole grains like brown rice, quinoa, and millet. And no dairy -- Brady says he eats an ice cream made from an avocado base." WebMD

Brady and I maintain a similar lifestyle. We both have personal chefs. His chef is Allen Campbell, mine is the 3rd shift fry cook at Burger King.