Page 1048 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 4854894899810381046104710481049105010581098114815482048 ... LastLast
Results 20,941 to 20,960 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, hosted by RJ199

Gose Gone Wild, Round Two

Destihl Wild Sour Pina Colada Gose
    Vs.Citrus Cove Gose-Ballast Point (Constellation) Brewing Company

Another shared 12 ounce canned beer.

CC B 10:24
    PKG 02 JUL 19

I think this was another beer club 4 pack member.

Poured a light, fairly clear, golden-yellow with the usually fizzy, quickly-disappearing head. Scents of lemon-limeade with the expected mildly tart/sour, slightly salty finish of a freshly squeezed/blended lemon-limeade with a splash of sugar. IBU likely about 5 and the ABV was 4.2% so it made a nice thirst quencher after another hike in the mountains. Would be tasty with a plate of fruit or some grilled sea creatures. Another pleasant "starter" gose.
    Glass Jug Pina Colada Pi (32 oz crowler filled 7/10)

I feel like I have pushed the crowler to the edge, datewise.
    Had an opportunity to grab a Glass Jug Strawberry Basil gose this week that would have been fresh, and passed. I picked this up shortly after gose day was determined and hoped for the best.

The Destihl is several shades darker.
    Destihl smells like pineapple and coconut.

Glass Jug has a bit of a dirty diaper smell.

Glass Jug is fairly mild, a little sweet and salty but not much flavour.

Destihl is flavour packed- way more sour than you’d expect for the style, well packaged along bright pineapple and coconut.

The winner by more than just a nose is Destihl.

Cheers! 🍻
    Curses! You beat me to this one. Another that may not get any PT today.

I've got several other subs however.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, 8/17/2019

Guava Gose - Collective Arts Brewing 4.9% ABV - Ale brewed with guava, coriander, and Himalayan Salt

Love me a good gose. Kudos to richardjackson199 for picking this style for Virtual Pub #2

The only one I had in my fridge this morning was Super 8 from DFH. I would describe it very much like TW did upthread. Fruity but not overly tart nor salty.

Therefore, I made a gose gathering trip to the Local ABC. Picked up a four pack of Guava Gose. Makes sense that here in FL some local brewery would put guava in a gose. Except that the can says brewed in Waunakee, WI. Which is 30 minutes from where I grew up. Played soccer and basketball against the Waunakee Warriors in high school. Stranger thing is that I thought Collective Arts was a Canadian brewery. A little Googling does indeed show that Collective Arts is based in (Wait For It) Hamilton, Ontario. They appear to do some contract brewing with Untitled Art/Octopi Brewing in Waunakee, WI for their US distribution.

Now to the beer. Pour is a peachy/pink/salmon color. Inch or 2 of white head that doesn't dissipate right away. Noise a little bit of salt and A LOT of guava. This beer smells intensely of guava. First sip and you get salty, a bit of spice from the coriander and a bit of guava that lingers. I was honestly surprised that it didn't taste more of guava based on the smell. A few more sips and you get the salty, citric, slightly astringent mouthfeel that I enjoy in a gose and makes me want to keep sipping one. This a strong tart, salty gose. As the beer warms over a few minutes the creamy, slightly citric guava flavor really picks up. I really enjoyed this gose. Both on style (tart, salty) and on guava flavor. If you like guava I highly recommend this beer. If you are not a guava fan maybe buy a single to test it out as the guava flavor really hits your palate as it warms.

GuavaGose-ProductImage.jpg
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Guava Gose - Collective Arts Brewing 4.9% ABV - Ale brewed with guava, coriander, and Himalayan Salt

Love me a good gose. Kudos to richardjackson199 for picking this style for Virtual Pub #2

The only one I had in my fridge this morning was Super 8 from DFH. I would describe it very much like TW did upthread. Fruity but not overly tart nor salty.

Therefore, I made a gose gathering trip to the Local ABC. Picked up a four pack of Guava Gose. Makes sense that here in FL some local brewery would put guava in a gose. Except that the can says brewed in Waunakee, WI. Which is 30 minutes from where I grew up. Played soccer and basketball against the Waunakee Warriors in high school. Stranger thing is that I thought Collective Arts was a Canadian brewery. A little Googling does indeed show that Collective Arts is based in (Wait For It) Hamilton, Ontario. They appear to do some contract brewing with Untitled Art/Octopi Brewing in Waunakee, WI for their US distribution.

Now to the beer. Pour is a peachy/pink/salmon color. Inch or 2 of white head that doesn't dissipate right away. Noise a little bit of salt and A LOT of guava. This beer smells intensely of guava. First sip and you get salty, a bit of spice from the coriander and a bit of guava that lingers. I was honestly surprised that it didn't taste more of guava based on the smell. A few more sips and you get the salty, citric, slightly astringent mouthfeel that I enjoy in a gose and makes me want to keep sipping one. This a strong tart, salty gose. As the beer warms over a few minutes the creamy, slightly citric guava flavor really picks up. I really enjoyed this gose. Both on style (tart, salty) and on guava flavor. If you like guava I highly recommend this beer. If you are not a guava fan maybe buy a single to test it out as the guava flavor really hits your palate as it warms.

I love guava. On our honeymoon in Hawaii my favorite tropical fruits were guava juice, fresh papaya, and fresh coconut sorbet. I'll look for this one for sure. I'll also look for that Hi-Wire Citra fuse reviewed above.

Nobody else could possibly have this one unless you're in Boone this weekend:

South Fork Grapefruit Gose (draft)-Booneshine Brewing Company

Pint pour for on a $3 official grand opening special and shared with older daughter and her husband.

Slightly cloudy, light orange-yellow pour with a thin, fizzy head that disappeared as quickly as a "u"nc athlete when someone said, "Class time!"

Mild brine aromas with subtle grapefruit interwoven. Bubbly on the tongue with light lemon and salt flavors, followed by essence of grapefruit. Mild tartness and sourness present, too. This wasn't brewed with juice, rind or pith but rather with the addition of a small amount of grapefruit oil, which allowed the taste to linger on the palate. IBUs at 5 and the ABV was 4.5%. Of the 3 we've had so far today, this was everyone's favorite and made an enjoyable pre-dinner sipper.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub, 8/17/2019

Margarita Gose - NoDa Brewing - 4 % ABV

From the can - "kettle soured to give a clean tartness and fermented on lime juice and tangerine puree to mimic flavors found in the classic Margarita. We add salt to the end of the boil so you don't have to add it to the rim of this can... and because it's a Gose"

The pour is murky and golden. It smells salty and limey. It tastes like a margarita with a sea salt finish. I taste more lime than tangerine. Mouthfeel is moderately carbonated. It's very refreshing. Fuse category 2.

I'm impressed with your gose finds above. I've got some catching up to do. And thanks for the pumpkin beer and Oktoberfest recs!

Cheers and good times!
    NoDa makes great beer, I bet this was tasty.

A mouth watering review. I’m not sure I have ever had “just guava”. Seems like mango, pineapple, papaya and passionfruit all seem to accompany guava when I see it.

Cheers!

Welcome to the Ymm, Beer Pub, August edition! Very happy you could join us and post such a great review.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

Nobody else could possibly have this one unless you're in Boone this weekend:

South Fork Grapefruit Gose (draft)-Booneshine Brewing Company

Pint pour for on a $3 official grand opening special and shared with older daughter and her husband.

Slightly cloudy, light orange-yellow pour with a thin, fizzy head that disappeared as quickly as a "u"nc athlete when someone said, "Class time!"

Mild brine aromas with subtle grapefruit interwoven. Bubbly on the tongue with light lemon and salt flavors, followed by essence of grapefruit. Mild tartness and sourness present, too. This wasn't brewed with juice, rind or pith but rather with the addition of a small amount of grapefruit oil, which allowed the taste to linger on the palate. IBUs at 5 and the ABV was 4.5%. Of the 3 we've had so far today, this was everyone's favorite and made an enjoyable pre-dinner sipper.
    Ha! You beat me to that one. They had it at Stella and I have it in my fridge now.

Curses! You beat me to this one. Another that may not get any PT today.

I've got several other subs however.
    More fun if you also try it and share your opinion...😎

Ha! You beat me to that one. They had it at Stella and I have it in my fridge now.
    Another comparison opportunity!

Gose Day Ymm, Beer Virtual Pub - 8.17.2019

Hurricane Gose - Hi Wire Brewing - 6% ABV - "Collaboration with Urban South - tart wheat ale brewed with passion fruit, cherries, orange, & pineapple"

The pour looks good - a little like diluted cran-apple juice. It smells like fruit punch.

It also tastes like diluted fruit punch with a light, carbonated mouthfeel. This one was too fruity for me. I don't think the light sour and fruit balanced just right. Fuse category 1 for me.

But, I agree with fuse. Comparisons are more fun. Another review of this beer will follow...
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 08-17-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Hurricane Gose - Hi Wire Brewing

My wife, Mrs. richardjackson199 is home and will post her first beer review on DBR in honor of Gose Day. Without further ado, I'm turning over the typing to her:

It looks like what I imagine watermelon would look like if you liquified it. But it doesn't smell like watermelon. It smells like a sour beer (not a particular flavor stands out; it's not as fragrant as many of Richard's other select beers, of late). It tastes like carbonated wine cooler (sorta like what I imagine a rose' would taste like if it was sparkling). Overall impression: I've had better. Fuse category 1. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a self-proclaimed beer drinker. That might be the understatement of the year.
    Mrs. RJ199

and there you have it!

Impressive find. I'll certainly be interested in your thoughts about this one.

More fun if you also try it and share your opinion...😎
    Hmmm, I may make a "game time" decision on this idea in about an hour...

Hurricane Gose - Hi Wire Brewing - 6% ABV - "Collaboration with Urban South - tart wheat ale brewed with passion fruit, cherries, orange, & pineapple"

The pour looks good - a little like diluted cran-apple juice. It smells like fruit punch.

It also tastes like diluted fruit punch with a light, carbonated mouthfeel. This one was too fruity for me. I don't think the light sour and fruit balanced just right. Fuse category 1 for me.

But, I agree with fuse. Comparisons are more fun. Another review of this beer will follow...
    Ha! Another one I bought a single of last week and will be another game time decision in another hour or so.

When is last call?

Impressive find. I'll certainly be interested in your thoughts about this one.
    You know what was an impressive find? After those pictures you posted of the filled, Krispy Kreme doughnuts I went by there today and got those chocolate lover's Reese's peanut butter doughnuts. Warmed it up in microwave for 8 seconds. Jenn's review of that one would be more positive. Yum

Never Never Found Found

Double mango and Double red papaya gose

Pours thick and opaque, almost like a papaya coloured milkshake.
    No head.

Can’t really describe the smell, if there is one.

A bit like alcoholic papaya juice. Really thick.
    Super sediment-y.

I’m guessing my palate is a bit shot at this point.
    I don’t think this is a bad beer, I don’t trust what I am tasting.

Glad devildeac brought me one of these.

Hurricane Gose - Hi Wire Brewing

My wife, Mrs. richardjackson199 is home and will post her first beer review on DBR in honor of Gose Day. Without further ado, I'm turning over the typing to her:

It looks like what I imagine watermelon would look like if you liquified it. But it doesn't smell like watermelon. It smells like a sour beer (not a particular flavor stands out; it's not as fragrant as many of Richard's other select beers, of late). It tastes like carbonated wine cooler (sorta like what I imagine a rose' would taste like if it was sparkling). Overall impression: I've had better. Fuse category 1. In the interest of full disclosure, I am not a self-proclaimed beer drinker. That might be the understatement of the year.
    Mrs. RJ199

and there you have it!
    Great! A guest reviewer!!

Mrs. RJ199 needs a screen name...

Hey, wait a minute! That's not a gose being poured...