Page 1006 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 65069069569961004100510061007100810161056110615062006 ... LastLast
Results 20,101 to 20,120 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Enjoy Spokane! It’s a diamond in the rough as far as scenery goes.

And, of course, for Independence Day, I had a pint of Sam Adams (no, dd, not two, and I’m done for the night). The Summer Ale on draft is surprisingly good.
    I thought you'd be "workin' on three..."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'm pretty sure someone upthread has mentioned this already (forgive me for not giving personal/proper credit) but the Pack now has a new beer brewed just for them, Old Tuffy:

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...232245637.html

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm pretty sure someone upthread has mentioned this already (forgive me for not giving personal/proper credit) but the Pack now has a new beer brewed just for them, Old Tuffy:

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...232245637.html
    Saw something yesterday, I think from Joe Ovies, crediting Wake with being the first university in the area to serve beer. UNC and State will be serving to the public this upcoming year.

Duke remains a holdout where, whether Duke football club suites/press box or basketball Champions Club, you’ve got to be on the order of a $100k/year donor to enjoy beer, wine, or booze at a game. 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Saw something yesterday, I think from Joe Ovies, crediting Wake with being the first university in the area to serve beer. UNC and State will be serving to the public this upcoming year.

Duke remains a holdout where, whether Duke football club suites/press box or basketball Champions Club, you’ve got to be on the order of a $100k/year donor to enjoy beer, wine, or booze at a game. 🤬
    We still sip/share/trade beers at our tailgate, a mere 3 minute walk to the hallowed (security) gates at Wallace Wade...

Key Lime Pie Gose-Westbrook Brewing
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    A

Also last night I tried the Mother Earth Lemon-Blueberry Berlinerweisse recommended above by fuse I believe. I agree with everything he said.

Cheers!
    Gonna go ahead & second these two. They're both terrific, especially in this heat!
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Definitive Brewing Company
    Peels & Pits
    IPA w/ lactose, tangerines and peaches
    7.5% ABV

Super cloudy orange juice like pour.
    Smells like orange juice, and Del Monte canned peaches in syrup.

Surprisingly hoppy, although the bitterness is mild and attenuated by the fruit.

If you threw hops in orange juice, you might have an approximation of Peels and Pits. There is some peach, maybe coming through as a bit of sweetness and density of mouthfeel.

All the sugar hides how big this beer is; no real burn other than a bit of vodka booziness on the finish.

Another fine find from Maine.

Cheers! 🍻

Banded Brewing
    Charms & Hexes Sour Ale with Passion fruit & guava
    5.2% ABV

Pours a pale gold, no head.

As more brewers use passionfruit, I am learning I love how passionfruit smells.

The nose is dense, sweet passionfruit with something else.
    Maybe guava but I’m not certain how guava smells.

Drinks like a tart passionfruit soda.
    Really fruity and a great drop for a hot day.

Cheers! 🍻

I'd like to read about you falling into The Abyss...

Abysmally speaking, I was unable to find an Abyss into which I could fall. Tacoma now and I continue the quest for that slight hint of licorice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Gonna go ahead & second these two. They're both terrific, especially in this heat!
    I'll tell you a great summer Berliner Weisse to try this weekend. I'm sure this was reviewed above so I'll second:

Double Berry Milkshake Berliner Weisse - New Sarum (Salisbury) - 4 % ABV - 8 IBU - This one is great! From the can - "Brewed with a massive amount of blueberries and blackberries, in combination with lactose and American hops, this tart creation is a ...distinctly smooth and perfectly blended, refreshingly crsip, clean tart finish"

Yes it's a whole lotta berry flavor. But this is perfectly blended and the gentle sour berliner weisse finish is one of the best I've tried. It's rich and bold in blackberry and blueberry for sure. But I like blueberries and blackberries. And I really like this beer on a hot July day. I'll rate it 4.5. It's simple, not overly complex. Untapped has it lower at 3.89. But I think they got it just right and would highly recommend a try if you're not opposed to berries. They have it at Stella

I had dinner at River Birch and they had Burial Surf Wax IPA on draft. What else can I say? Loved it. Rate it at least 4.25. 6.8 % ABV. 70 IBU. Not too bitter. Piney in a great way. Gentle and complex like Burial always is. Mosaic. Citra. Centennial. Columbus. Lots of barley. Touch of wheat.

I got lots more at Stella, so more to come... Have a great weekend! Especially Devildeac on your Richmond run.

I'll tell you a great summer Berliner Weisse to try this weekend. I'm sure this was reviewed above so I'll second:

Double Berry Milkshake Berliner Weisse - New Sarum (Salisbury) - 4 % ABV - 8 IBU - This one is great! From the can - "Brewed with a massive amount of blueberries and blackberries, in combination with lactose and American hops, this tart creation is a ...distinctly smooth and perfectly blended, refreshingly crsip, clean tart finish"

Yes it's a whole lotta berry flavor. But this is perfectly blended and the gentle sour berliner weisse finish is one of the best I've tried. It's rich and bold in blackberry and blueberry for sure. But I like blueberries and blackberries. And I really like this beer on a hot July day. I'll rate it 4.5. It's simple, not overly complex. Untapped has it lower at 3.89. But I think they got it just right and would highly recommend a try if you're not opposed to berries. They have it at Stella

I had dinner at River Birch and they had Burial Surf Wax IPA on draft. What else can I say? Loved it. Rate it at least 4.25. 6.8 % ABV. 70 IBU. Not too bitter. Piney in a great way. Gentle and complex like Burial always is. Mosaic. Citra. Centennial. Columbus. Lots of barley. Touch of wheat.

I got lots more at Stella, so more to come... Have a great weekend! Especially Devildeac on your Richmond run.
    Thanks for the tip. I have liked other New Sarum, so will definitely keep an eye out for this.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Lactose done well in a beer is truly a delight.
    Will definitely be looking for this New Sarum beer.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Abysmally speaking, I was unable to find an Abyss into which I could fall. Tacoma now and I continue the quest for that slight hint of licorice.
    There *might* be some good beers available in the Sea-Tac area .

If you can't find The Abyss, the 30th Anniversary XXX Black Butte Porter is superb, if still available.

A milkshake Berliner Weisse . I'm easily able to say I've never tasted that style, nor have I even imagined that style. Sounds delicious.

Good start to the weekend so far. A new Allagash beer, an evening out with the lovely Mrs. dd and now another brand new Maine brew.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Allagash Darling Ruby

Farmhouse style ale with grapefruit zest

Has the sharp (acrid? But not in an unpleasant way) smell of freshly cut grapefruit.

Several shades darker than Allagash White, with a taste profile similar to Allagash White with a bitter grapefruit finish.

A delightful drop on a hot July day.

Cheers! 🍻
    Darling Ruby-Allagash Brewing Company

The first of 26 () new brews from Maine from fuse. Well, there are actually some duplicates there but I will perform magic in a couple weeks and turn six of them into new Ohio beers .

Pour from a 12 ounce bottle into a small Allagash tulip (2 servings after dinner) appeared a light, yellow-gold with a thin fizzy head. I caught hints of apples on the nose but it's almost all grapefruit zest. The Allagash White reference is a good one with hints of orange on the palate, but again, more grapefruity and zesty. I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV was 4.5%. A very pleasant start to a Friday evening. This might be the only beer in the delivery that is available in this area.

The first of many thanks to fuse for sharing his Maine beer haul!

Off to Richmond in the AM with some art, local craft ales, maybe some baseball and a meet-up hopefully with accfanfrom1970 in the Scott's Addition area...

WTH?!?! No posts since last PM?!?!

Tessellation-Lone Pine Brewing Company

Second of a Maine series from fuse. Thanks!!

Pint can of this single hop (Mosaic) IIPA poured last PM with vigor into a pint glass (two 8 ounce servings) last PM.

Mildly hazy, golden-yellow with a creamy/foamy off-white head. Juicy scents of pineapple, grapefruit and orange with tastes of the same with strawberry, guava and melons. I'll guess about 60 IBUs and the ABV was 8.1%. High quality stuff here in a very crowded field.

Note to richardjackson199 and fuse:

Your Veil Brewing order will be in Raleigh sometime tomorrow afternoon. Send lawyers, guns and money .

We'll get 6 pint cans each of the following:

Dusty Roadz
    New Son
    Eager to Bleed
    HMU
    Never Never Found Found
    Yellow Ferrari

Damage: $29 each.

I tasted Eager to Bleed and Never Never and they're both unusual but excellent.

We'll make private arrangements.

Accfanfrom1970 sends hearty and hoppy greetings to all Ymm, Beer readers and posters.

Sorry I never made it to any other breweries-too damn hot and late.

Falcon Smash (draft)-Triple Cross Brewing

We're local!

Twelve ounce pour with lunch of their "flagship" IPA. Appearance was hazy yellow with a small, creamy head. Lots of pineapple and grapefruit aromas with some orange, guava, strawberry and melon on the tastebuds. No fruits added and despite its American IPA claim, it tasted more like a NEIPA/West Coast IPA hybrid with some dankness from the Falconer's Flight dry hop brewing and "rotating hop varietals" in the tun, too. I'll guess IBUs about 60 with the stated ABV at 7%. Bartender really liked this brewery and I'd certainly have some of their other brews when visiting again.

From 10/21/18;

Guess I'd better get started on the tailgate beer list with each brew shared among 4-5 tasters:

Leading off was:

Peach Tripel-Hardywood Park Craft Brewery

I contributed this, my second and final 500 ml bottle that fuse traded a few months ago.

Pour was a cloudy peach hue (D'oh!). Fairly generous and fizzy head with a thin coating of Belgian lace last through most of the sipping. Expected aromas of peaches (added) and maybe some oranges (not added). Mildly sweet, peachy tastes with a pinch of white pepper from the Belgian yeasts and some light brown sugar. The label claims apricots are added but I'm not sure I'd have claimed that. Very pleasing on the palate at 25 IBUs and dangerously sippable at 8.2% ABV which is a bit "thin" for the style. It's not a "cobbler" like Mamaw's Mean Cobbler but still a very refreshing dessert beer that would also pair with soft cheeses, sweet and sour chicken or shrimp or a fruit tart. A very nice palate cleanser to start off our brunchgate.

No passes were dropped in the consumption of this beer.
    From yesterday at The Diamond watching the Flying Squirrels hack up an acorn against the Reading Fightin' Phils:

Peach Tripel (draft)-Hardywood park Craft Brewery

Yep, still local sipping!

Both versions were excellent and not sure which one I liked better, the bottled one with tailgate friends or the draft variety with Mrs. dd.

(Wait, I *think* I know the proper answer here...)

Pretty similar impressions except the draft was a bit creamier, for lack of a better word, with a bit more foam to the head. Maybe a bit more peachy as it warmed up at the ballpark. Pretty impressive to find Hardywood with their own booth and have more than an IPA and pilsner on draft. This was $8 for the pint and would have been $13 for a 32 ounce serving, which I would have ordered if my wife was more of a beer drinker. She took one sip and politely declined any more with her usual, "Tastes too much like beer." ("But, I sure like those New Glarus fruit beers that we ran out of last week!" )