Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ima Facultiwyfe View Post
    Why not? Last night we beat them playing our worst with them playing their best. Bless their hearts.
    Love, Ima
    They were 4-27 on threes. Bless YOUR heart if you think they can't do better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeDevil View Post
    They were 4-27 on threes. Bless YOUR heart if you think they can't do better than that.
    Certainly they can do better, but maybe give our defense a little credit?

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    Since the cheats got sent home early any chance they will take advantage and go to class.Seeeeeyaaaa
    Roy is enjoying his free hamburgers for lunch today. He has two timeouts to redeem today!

I woke up this morning feeling badly for how upset I was with Cam last night. My wife (UNC Grad) actually left the room in the second half because I was yelling so loudly at him. So, Cam, if you're reading this, I apologize.

Reality is, he's 18-19 years old. Just 5 years older than my daughter. He's still a kid.

Different people react to pressure in different ways. Zion moves instinctively to get a rebound and score the basket on a second effort. It appears he doesn't have to think about it. Cam seems to struggle with everything because he's thinking too much...or too little. I can't tell.

Cam is a prime example of a kid who should stay in school for more than 1 year. He could really help himself in the long term by having the game slow down in college.

Having said all that, I felt the offense AND defense played much better with him on the bench and Vrank in the game. In no way do I feel Vrank is a long term solution. He looks slow on the court, and struggles to rebound if the ball is not right around him. But he took up space, made some nice passes, and played within himself. Hopefully he can do the same today against FSU.

Anyway, heartfelt apologies to Cam. I hope you play much better today, buddy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluedev_92 View Post
    Also, at about the 6:30 mark when Javin was underneath & missed everything on his shot - he was fouled from behind by Eyebrow boy. All Jay has to say is “point blank” (miss). No mention of the body foul that knocked Javin off balance...
    Did Jay then go on to discuss Colby's hair?
    Jay is bald, fyi.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    What a crock. What's the point of HAVING a forum if you can't express your opinion? Good grief.

I know there are many who object to the venting and (HEAVENS!!) negative comments, but that's just part of internet culture, no matter WHERE you logon.
    We need 2 chat rooms: one for negative Nancies, and one for positive Petes.

I just can take the negativity, pessimism, player bashing, whining, nastiness and darkness in the chat room. I've tried. I'm out....

Quote Originally Posted by Faison1 View Post
    I woke up this morning feeling badly for how upset I was with Cam last night. My wife (UNC Grad) actually left the room in the second half because I was yelling so loudly at him. So, Cam, if you're reading this, I apologize.

Reality is, he's 18-19 years old. Just 5 years older than my daughter. He's still a kid.

Different people react to pressure in different ways. Zion moves instinctively to get a rebound and score the basket on a second effort. It appears he doesn't have to think about it. Cam seems to struggle with everything because he's thinking too much...or too little. I can't tell.

Cam is a prime example of a kid who should stay in school for more than 1 year. He could really help himself in the long term by having the game slow down in college.

Having said all that, I felt the offense AND defense played much better with him on the bench and Vrank in the game. In no way do I feel Vrank is a long term solution. He looks slow on the court, and struggles to rebound if the ball is not right around him. But he took up space, made some nice passes, and played within himself. Hopefully he can do the same today against FSU.

Anyway, heartfelt apologies to Cam. I hope you play much better today, buddy!!!
    I have come to not to expect much from Cam and be pleased when we see his gifts in full display. He has played great in pressure games - the FSU game and Louisville games as prime examples- and fairly well against UNC but yesterday he was inconsistent Cam. I too yelled but more to have K pull him as he was playing very poorly last night. Tonight he could be brilliant. He is a kid- raw- and talented - but he is currently mistake prone on the perimeter and too loose with the ball. The game is still too fast for him when playing against experienced defenders. He needs to slow down and find one element of his game that he can excel at now- even if it is is just playing lock down D and getting put backs. The season will depend on Cam and you never know what you are going to get.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Roy is enjoying his free hamburgers for lunch today. He has two timeouts to redeem today!
    Roy will redeem them after he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    I remember Ray Com showing a replay of Zion getting to the right side basket and making a layup and the replay clearly showed Luke reaching out giving him a shove as he went past. Didn’t really even effect Zion with his size and strength but it was a clear and obvious “and one” foul that wasn’t called.
    Sportcenter this morning showed a bunch of Zion highlights, and the commentator must have said at least 3 times "even with the uncalled foul/push/contact, Zion gets the basket."

He is just so good at finishing through contact, it's like the contact never happened (to the refs eyes).

He needs some more seasoning. I'd love to see what he could do when it all really clicks for him.
    Amazingly talented.

Sportcenter this morning showed a bunch of Zion highlights, and the commentator must have said at least 3 times "even with the uncalled foul/push/contact, Zion gets the basket."

He is just so good at finishing through contact, it's like the contact never happened (to the refs eyes).
    Refs look to see a change in the players posture or position. Zion is a wall that happens to jump really high.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Jay is bald, fyi.
    Since we're in Jay Bilas bashing mode, I will add one more.

Did anyone hear when Jay said UNC and Roy use their bench much more effectively than Duke, and therefore had an advantage? I looked at the box score this morning...lo and behold we had more players come off the bench for more total minutes!!!

Wrong again, Jay!!! Ha Ha!!

Seriously, what is up with Jay??? After years of listening to him slurp UNC, I am beyond annoyed with him.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Refs look to see a change in the players posture or position. Zion is a wall that happens to jump really high.
    I didn't really know this. It makes a lot of sense. It's like a baseball umpire who looks at the first base bag while listening for the "pop" of the ball hitting the mitt to determine safe or out. It's too difficult to see the bag and mitt at the same time.

When contact is with an immovable object, how can the refs really recognize the foul if they are looking for a change in posture or position?

Zion is not only forcing changes to the game, but maybe the manner in which it is officiated!

Did anyone hear when Jay said UNC and Roy use their bench much more effectively than Duke, and therefore had an advantage? I looked at the box score this morning...lo and behold we had more players come off the bench for more total minutes!!!

Seriously, what is up with Jay??? After years of listening to him slurp UNC, I am beyond annoyed with him.
    Seth Greenberg and Jay Williams both picked UNC before the game. Just sayin'

ETA: I think Bilas picked Duke. I can't quite remember. I sorta tune out the prognostications, and honestly, I think many change their picks from segment to segment.

Didn't Jay attend UNC? Feels that way at times..

Shifty Zion on the game-winning putback...

People have mentioned how Little stumbles at the end after Zion's initial shot, right before Zion's game winning putback, and maybe how how fortuitous that was. But I don't think it was luck. If you look closely, to me it looks like Little was trying to put a body on Zion, box him out, which is probably the right play. But... Zion's not there. So, Little whiffs. He braces for blocking 280 pounds so he jumps backward (assuming Zion would be there, list a mere mortal, where most 280 pound guys would be, right where he was the last time Little saw him), but in doing so takes himself out of the play. White was there as well and maybe he should have also just bodied Zion, to give Maye the best shot at getting the rebound. But I don't blame him, he's a point guard, that's not his usual lane down low with the trees. Zion, like a savvy veteran, uses his other-worldly footwork to stutter to his right, to avoid Little and get to the rim to have a chance at the rebound (perhaps he could tell how the ball would bounce as soon as he shot it). This is all in less than a second. He positions himself to get the ball, goes and gets it, and puts it back in, all while surround by white shirts. We all marvel at his highlights, but little things like this...

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    You could see a worried look on his face before he took them. Didn’t look confident. Of course he was playing in HS last year and has carried us many games this season so there’s that...
    I think the phantom charge calls have really broken his rhythm. They haven’t helped Cam’s game, either.

I don’t expected to see those kind of charges called routinely once we leave hit the NCAAs.
    Last edited by alteran; 03-16-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: Cam

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Jay is bald, fyi.
    Yes he did. He loves Colby’s hair. In case you didn’t know.

Apparently cheat fans think that “uncalled foul” refers to Zion’s fouls...

He gets fouled every time he has the ball. But he plays through it and never flops, so maybe that’s why they don’t call it. Or maybe it’s because of his jersey color.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    26-32 from the floor in 2 games. How about we get that guy some touches?

Cam Johnson is going to be seeing Jordan Goldwire everywhere he looks for the foreseeable future.

Lets hope the NCAA tourney doesnt reward these flops and have these refs re-read the rule book on charges.

Jack White wants to know why Luke Maye and Garrison Brooks can illegally cross the end line everytime after a Duke made basket occurs (perhaps our friend Jay Bilas could have pointed that out after the 23rd time he lauded the ‘Holes for how fast they push the ball up).
    Yeah, I noticed that, too. White’s was all kind of awkward though.

If that’s how they’re calling it, can’t blame UNC for playing that way.

Sure wish Bilas would point stuff out both ways though. I watched the game with some UNC fans— they sure love Bilas.
    Last edited by alteran; 03-16-2019 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Added last graph