Page 942 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 442842892932940941942943944952992104214421942 ... LastLast
Results 18,821 to 18,840 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Clean-up batter:

Frank Lloyd Rye (draft)-Oak Park Brewing Company

A rye IPA that was yellow-orange with a modest, foamy head and aromas of pine, citrus and wet rye bread and tastes to match with the rye making it very slightly "spicy." IBUs at 55 and ABV at 6.7%, both solidly in IPA territory. Now this was a very good pairing with poutine and the mildly spicy nachos.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

London Britches (draft)-Oak Park Brewing Company

Final 5 ounce pour from a shared 5 beer flight, this one is an English style porter so it appeared with a modest-sized tan head atop a dark brown brew that smelled of medium roast coffee and mild milk chocolate, neither added to the brew. Tasted much as the aromas advertised with mild earthy, herbal bitterness. IBUs were 33 and the ABV was 5.6%, both in-line with the style. A good pairing with the shared apps as above.

But wait, it's only halftime and we're up 47-19 and there are more beers on draft so our younger son-in-law orders a tulip (10-12 ounces) of the following (my tab, of course ):

Tsar (draft)-Oak Park Brewing Company

Wanna guess the style?

This dark-of-night Russian style imperial stout had a thin, mocha head and matching olfactory and gustatory sensations of coffee, unsweetened dark chocolate, heavily roasted (burnt?) pumpernickel bread, tobacco, molasses and earthy bitterness. IBUs were 51 and the ABV was 8.5%, both a bit low for the style but still "in the rotation."

I thought the wives were leaving at halftime but apparently not, so younger daughter orders another pint to share and this was:

Leprechaun Zombie (draft)-Oak Park Brewing Company

A dry Irish stout.

Pretty classic stuff here but wishing I could have a side-by-side with Guinness or Murphy's Irish Stouts (at another time/setting, of course, as we've had more than a few ounces of several of their various drafts, obviously). This was "on nitro," making it even smoother and richer on the palate. Dark brown color, tan head and lots of heavily roasted grains and coffee as forerunners, followed by similar tastes and a creamy palate-coating pleasure while sipping and sharing. IBUs at 37 and ABV listed at 4.4%.

We're finally done now. The bill has been paid and we're headed home. Promise.

https://guenergy.com/hoppy-trails/

While I would try it, really mixed feelings about this product.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://guenergy.com/hoppy-trails/

While I would try it, really mixed feelings about this product.
    Why? I've been using this the last week or so (yea, not related except they both contain hops ):

https://www.sierranevadagiftshop.com...-lip-balm.html

I'll review it on the Ymm, Lip Balm thread soon. If the search feature yields no such thread, then I guess I'll *have* to review it here.

Guns ‘n’ Rosé-Oskar Blues Brewery

Canned: 12/21/18 @ 19:19 143 (143? WTH?)
    Yes, Way, Rose

Yep, all that is really on the bottom of the can .

Poured briskly from a $1.69 twelve ounce can into a standard pint glass. Color was a clear, pinkish-yellow with a fizzy, short-lived head. Garden-like aromas of flowers and fruit salad as it's made with hibiscus and prickly pear. Tastes of underripe berries, flowers and a bit vinous, resembling pink zinfandel or a light Rosé wine. IBUs from Untappd are 38 and the ABV is 6%. It's listed as a Rosé ale on the can but I don't have a clue what that is . Guess the best description would be a pale ale/zinfandel blend . Intriguing brew and certainly worth a can or two.

I've decided to stop "cellaring" all my highly recruited beer. I will now refer to them as being "redshirted."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I've decided to stop "cellaring" all my highly recruited beer. I will now refer to them as being "redshirted."

Does this mean hold and drink after one year?
    Holding on to a beer for no more than five years?
    If you get sick or injured, can you keep that beer for an extra year?
    Most importantly, how does one burn a beer (and why would you)????
    🤣🤣🤣🍻

🤣🤣🤣🍻
    If the beer is unhappy that it is being red-shirted, can it enter the beer transfer portal?

Asking for a friend...

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    If the beer is unhappy that it is being red-shirted, can it enter the beer transfer portal?

Asking for a friend...
    Oh, this is brilliant...well played!

Asking for a friend...
    A beer transfer portal would be a winning presidential platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    A beer in every pint glass and a growler in every fridge.

🤣🤣🤣🍻
    1. Session/lower ABV beers will be put "in the rotation" within 90 days. Higher ABV brews (if they're part of a highly ranked recruiting, err, purchase price, will likely be subjected to "try-outs" shortly after purchase and then re-evaluated approximately semi-annually. Brettanomyces recruits will likely have to "sit-out" for a year.

2. I will try not to keep a beer longer than 5 years. Under special hardship cases, it *may* be granted an extra year of strength and conditioning.

3. At least an extra saison, err, season, perhaps two.

4. Perhaps we should define "burning" a beer as simply popping the cap/cork. (Alternatively, I guess you could add a beer while cooking a meal such as soups or stews and then play, umm, cook them too many minutes, thereby achieving "burn-out.")

Asking for a friend...
    Oh, this is brilliant...well played!
    Absolutely, my beer university does this frequently, both graciously releasing beverages to other programs and appreciatively accepting them in transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Then I should be elected easily. (Oops, wrong thread .)

1. Session/lower ABV beers will be put "in the rotation" within 90 days. Higher ABV brews (if they're part of a highly ranked recruiting, err, purchase price, will likely be subjected to "try-outs" shortly after purchase and then re-evaluated approximately semi-annually. Brettanomyces recruits will likely have to "sit-out" for a year.

2. I will try not to keep a beer longer than 5 years. Under special hardship cases, it *may* be granted an extra year of strength and conditioning.

3. At least an extra saison, err, season, perhaps two.

4. Perhaps we should define "burning" a beer as simply popping the cap/cork. (Alternatively, I guess you could add a beer while cooking a meal such as soups or stews and then play, umm, cook them too many minutes, thereby achieving "burn-out.")

An interesting discussion in itself.

A few years ago (maybe even longer) my cellar was probably about a thousand beers.

After I found more than a few beers past their prime or spoiled, I’ve really tried to pivot to drink fresh, cellar very few.

The fridge that couldn’t fit it all is now at best half full, and I have less than a case of beer outside the fridge (mostly Mother Earth Silent Night).

The difficult part is when you appreciate unusual beer, its been harder to find the every day beer to stock in the fridge.

This becomes a funny cycle of “I’d like a beer, I have a lot of really great beer in the fridge, none of which I want right now, and I’m not going to the store to buy more.” First world problems for sure.

An interesting discussion in itself.

A few years ago (maybe even longer) my cellar was probably about a thousand beers.

After I found more than a few beers past their prime or spoiled, I’ve really tried to pivot to drink fresh, cellar very few.

The fridge that couldn’t fit it all is now at best half full, and I have less than a case of beer outside the fridge (mostly Mother Earth Silent Night).

The difficult part is when you appreciate unusual beer, its been harder to find the every day beer to stock in the fridge.

This becomes a funny cycle of “I’d like a beer, I have a lot of really great beer in the fridge, none of which I want right now, and I’m not going to the store to buy more.” First world problems for sure.
    That entire scenario sounds eerily familiar (except I don't think I ever exceeded 200-250 beers in the "cellar").

That entire scenario sounds eerily familiar (except I don't think I ever exceeded 200-250 beers in the "cellar").
    I’m not worthy. Only 50 or so, most BBA beers, most from Hardywood.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    I’m not worthy. Only 50 or so, most BBA beers, most from Hardywood.
    You most certainly are worthy. Hardywoods count double .

I probably have around 100 now after picking up 18 last month for myself to "match" what I bought for our younger daughter and traded with our son. Plus, he came up with about 30 traders to approximate $$ in our "transfer." Neither of us lost a year of eligibility .