Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    Anyone want to help me invent and market a "V-Switch" for TV's?

A few years ago, I rigged up my Home Theater Receiver with a manual "V-Switch". Basically you rout the Rear Preamp Outputs to the Front Amp Inputs and remove the Center Channel Preamp Output Cable. What you hear is the Rear Program Material from a Dolby Digital Surround Program. It worked pretty well in that all you heard mostly was the crowd noise (er, the crazies) and the basketball and sometimes the players.

I also used this for NHL games to eliminate the Mike Emrick finger nails on chalkboard play-by-play from the broadcast. Sadly the broadcasters are cutting off most all of the Rear Channel content from their Dolby Surround signal or adding more of the Front Channel to the Rear, so this rigged up "V-Switch" does work anymore.
    A much easier "V switch" is to mute your TV and have your ipad or computer tuned to the Duke basketball radio network. The announcers always seem to agree with my point of view. They must have the same blue colored corneas that "eye" have (OK had to add that in the spirit of this thread).

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    A much easier "V switch" is to mute your TV and have your ipad or computer tuned to the Duke basketball radio network. The announcers always seem to agree with my point of view. They must have the same blue colored corneas that "eye" have (OK had to add that in the spirit of this thread).
    I risk the wrath of the on-topic police by posting this.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I did exactly that Saturday - TuneIn app on iPhone.

01B76574-8D21-4B1E-9552-65869D7D0D76.jpg

Only issue is the out of phase audio. Usually just have to pause one or the other for a few seconds.

Unfortunately, the broadcasts tend to differ by about 10 seconds. It's very disorienting.

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Unfortunately, the broadcasts tend to differ by about 10 seconds. It's very disorienting.
    In which direction is the difference. Sound leading the video or video leading sound?

If you need to delay the radio then here is a possible solution for $70.
    Last edited by camion; 01-14-2019 at 06:37 PM.