Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke76 View Post
    if you really look at a freeze frame of the start of the play you can tell two guys were focusing on RJ and the one guy between in front of Jack and Cam got screened by Jack as Cam went right...really think the play was to RJ first and then Cam if RJ was double teamed...great play call...they had to pick their poison and went with the double team and Cam made them pay for it...so happy for him...he had a great game like he was playing earlier in the year...they climbed another mountain together today
    Kind of like a football pattern...RJ was technically "the first option" on this play in general - but K knew that in this game and this situation - Florida State would take that away...so that the second option...Cam...was really the most likely option. Tre knew to go through the motions of looking to RJ - then hitting Cam - which he did with perfect comfortable pass. I am sure that if somehow RJ had snuck in alone underneath, Tre would've fed him, but no way FSU was letting RJ get to the rim.

According to Hamilton's comments post game, they were focused on RJ, but one of the players who should have guarded the elbow bit on the RJ pick and fake...leaving Cam totally alone. It's like a safety who took the wrong man in football coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    I'll take the credit for this win folks! Today i climbed a volcano (Volcan Sta Maria in Guatemala, 3772m). The only play of the game that took place after firing up the ol' internet was Cam's 3 for the win.
    Looks like Duke got hot from 3 for the first time in a while, and we got essentially nothing from our big men.
    Always tough to win at FSU, so this one is pure gold!
    I don't want to bury the lede here but I am very impressed that you climbed this peak. I've been to Guatemala about 15 times doing volunteer work and have always wanted to climb this volcano. Privately, or otherwise, I'd love to hear your experience. Did you have a guide?

Back to reality, or probably our mutual fantasy world, what a satisfying win by Duke. I was hoping that Cam would get, and make, the last shot. This could be the start of something big for Cam and Duke.

Where is the post game presser

It's four hours after the game, and goduke.com still hasn't posted the post game presser. What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    It's four hours after the game, and goduke.com still hasn't posted the post game presser. What is up with that?
    Road games seem to take longer, if they upload them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Road games seem to take longer, if they upload them at all.
    yeah, it's funny....Duke's social media department is state of the art, ahead of the curve....some other parts of the University seem to be in the pony express days...

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    The clock stops in the last 2:00 when the ball goes through the basket.
    Actually, it's the last 1:00 of regulation and all overtime periods. Shoulda put a question mark in with my first guess.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by thewoosh31 View Post
    So true. His hands are terrible, especially on offense. He can only catch the ball when it’s thrown into his body. Him and Marques. I call him Javin De-throwaway if he tries to catch the ball with only his hands lol.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the guy, but man he was frustrating to watch today.
    DeLaurier and Bolden needs some fundamental practice blocking out and anticipation for rebounds. We did very badly today in that effort. Actually the whole team could gang rebound.
    See what happens Monday night.

I am hoping Reddish will become consistent and avoid forced errors like any contact after a 3 is shot or mishandling the ball to lose it untouched. White and Jones should shoot better next game against Syracuse. O'Connell needs to give us more off the bench.

And

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    And here, for those who avoid FB: http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...200&id=6306387

Coach pants'd Leonard Hamilton.

Just a ridiculous play call.

I mean you wanted it to happen. You thought it should happen. You sat there and were like, if anyone has a bag of tricks to sift through for this single baseline out of bounds, it should be K.

Then that happens and you're just like, man it's good to be a Duke fan.

K just totally a master.

- Chillin

ETA - I wonder if K looks at the score during games. Some coaches don't...

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    DeLaurier and Bolden needs some fundamental practice blocking out and anticipation for rebounds. We did very badly today in that effort. Actually the whole team could gang rebound.
    See what happens Monday night.

I am hoping Reddish will become consistent and avoid forced errors like any contact after a 3 is shot or mishandling the ball to lose it untouched. White and Jones should shoot better next game against Syracuse. O'Connell needs to give us more off the bench.
    I was on my bike trainer, so already high on testosterone and low on brain function...Many expletives were inerted between the words "box" and "out" as I scared my cat while screaming at the TV.

There were so many positives from today's game, but defensive rebounding was not one of them.
    April 1

Doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    It might just be me, but it seemed Coach K did not seem to cordial to Hamilton in the walk through post game. He got to see the physical play close up. GoDuke!
    Coach K went out of his way to compliment Hamilton in the post-game conference. Said they are close friends.

Greenberg

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Yep. And when Seth Greenberg did the Duke highlights during the Kansas game halftime, they did it again. They presented the highlight as the refs gave FSU the ball, but "the call was overturned and the ball given to Duke." Greenberg literally said "when you coach against Duke calls like that tend not to go your way." Pathetic. The ball was obviously Duke's on the replay. But Duke gets all the calls Duke-hate controversy gets more clicks.
    Greenberg used to say stuff like that when he was a coach, too, at USF. He’s a loser. I have to mute the TV when he’s on.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Greenberg used to say stuff like that when he was a coach, too, at USF. He’s a loser. I have to mute the TV when he’s on.
    Sean Dockery lives rent-free in his head. Actually, the Crazies do, too.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Even more reason/s to despise greenburg now, like I needed any more. What a #$%^.
    He’s incredibly dishonest. A thug coach and thug announcer - it must be very uncomfortable for Jay to work with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerDevil View Post
    Which one wasn’t a foul?

1) The eye gouge
    2) The held right arm
    3) The arm in the back
    3), because I can't tell there is definite contact there and I don't know whose hand it is.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    He’s incredibly dishonest. A thug coach and thug announcer - it must be very uncomfortable for Jay to work with him.
    There’s a fair bit of buzz about him. No, wait: That’s the current VaTech coach. Apologies.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Any word on Zion? Assuming he'll be alright, but hoping he didn't scratch his eye badly a la Bags.

We really missed his rebounding out there. Cam, Bolden, and Javin could use some blocking out tips. Zion doesn't always block out, but he meets the ball at its apex and makes up for it with his jumping ability.

Jack boxes out really well and meets the ball at its apex too. Florida state is obviously more physical than any team we've played besides the Zags.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWorkDukie View Post
    Any word on Zion? Assuming he'll be alright, but hoping he didn't scratch his eye badly a la Bags.

We really missed his rebounding out there. Cam, Bolden, and Javin could use some blocking out tips. Zion doesn't always block out, but he meets the ball at its apex and makes up for it with his jumping ability.

Jack boxes out really well and meets the ball at its apex too. Florida state is obviously more physical than any team we've played besides the Zags.
    Yes. Listening to Coach K in the press conference he very plainly and confidently said "He's better now. So hopefully he will play Monday." He then went on to clarify that when he said it was a big loss, he meant to not have him for the latter half of the FSU game. I think it's safe to assume that Zion is fine.