Page 843 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 34374379383384184284384484585389394313431843 ... LastLast
Results 16,841 to 16,860 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I couldn’t find a good link.
    Apparently 10 Barrel is brewing a Blockbuster beer.
    Both the brewery and the last Blockbuster are in Bend, Oregon.

Without waxing poetic, or feeling the least bit reminiscent, some things don’t need to be memorialized?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I couldn’t find a good link.
    Apparently 10 Barrel is brewing a Blockbuster beer.
    Both the brewery and the last Blockbuster are in Bend, Oregon.

Without waxing poetic, or feeling the least bit reminiscent, some things don’t need to be memorialized?
    They could always cast it into The Abyss.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    They could always cast it into The Abyss.
    Headfirst?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Captain Lawrence & Trophy collaboration

The Fujiwhara Effect

IPA dry hopped with Citra lupulin powder and Galaxy hops

Recommended by the same beertender that suggested Omnipollo Schploing!

Another “fruity hop bomb”

Lemon, lime, grapefruit nose.

Doesn’t quite capture the taste eloquently, like a hoppy starburst explosion in your mouth.

So very good.

Cheers!

All right it must be pils night...

Casita Cerveceria The Inevitability of Change
    American Dinkel Pils

I may google Dinkel Acker after this, the only beer the might come to mind that was a prior Dinkel experience (5L mini keg?).

Thick head, quick dissipation.

Super lemony nose.

A lemon pils or perhaps a lager expression of some fruity hops- I am not familiar with Loral or Cashmere.

Labeled as a collaboration with Resident Culture.

A truly delightful, eminently drinkable beer that would make an outstanding summer house beer.

Cheers!

The can art is pretty spectacular!
    The Inevitability of Change (draft)-Casita Cerveceria and Resident Culture

A generous sample from the owner of Falls Village Wine and Beer, the new bottle shop about 1.5 miles from our house.

Generous head, that slowly disappeared. Perhaps a bit less lemon to my olfactory receptors and gustatory sensors and a bit more floral with a very light sweetness and minimal bitterness. IBUs not listed so I'll guess 20. ABV was 5%. I'm not familiar with Loral and Cashmere hops either and neither was the owner. Quite the pleasant and easily quaffable, delicate pilsner one would expect for the style, just as fuse described above.

Fullsteam Fearrington Summer India Style Tea Ale

Amazingly thick white head with staying power.

A refreshing nose of lemon and iced tea.

A session IPA made with lemon peel, El Dorado and Centennial hops, and Governor Grey Tea from the Charleston Tea Plantation.

Ridiculously complex for a light(er) ale.
    Guessing largely from the tea and lemon although there is some well balanced hop bitterness.

A winner for sure- try it if you find it!

Proliferous-Seventh Son Brewing

Bought locally (Columbus, OH) and delivered lovingly earlier this month from our son.

Pint can of this IIPA poured a light copper color with a moderate, fluffy head. Initial scents of grapefruit that quickly became resin-y and piney to match those tastes. The citrus/tropical flavors were mostly rind-y and not very juicy and overshadowed by the pine/resin sensations. There was some malty/grainy sweetness but this was a hop bomb of old with IBUs at 85 and ABV at 8.3% so I would have suspected a more balanced brew but it wasn't. I still think this was a well-brewed beverage but I've evolved toward preferring more fruity IPAs and IIPAs but also think this would pair well with hot/spicy cuisine.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...mpression=true

More and more the idea of “weed beer” hits the mainstream press.

Black Currant Galloping Gose-Broomtail Brewing

Drink regional! (I'll guess this may really be a Sour Barn product from about 5 blocks north of Broomtail on Market Street just outside Wilmington, NC.)

Two ounce taster prior to picking up my August beer club 4 pack. Gorgeous raspberry color with a surprising modest head that lingered. Berry-licious nose and tastes. Maybe a salted raspberry-blueberry gummi candy? IBUs gotta be low so I'll throw 5 up on the board with the ABV on the electronic chalkboard at 5%. I'd taste this again and/or try another sour/gose from these folks again.

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/stor...mpression=true

More and more the idea of “weed beer” hits the mainstream press.
    Dang, fuse keeps "interrupting" my string of posts with his continued stream of great/interesting articles to read.

Cucumber Lime Sour (draft)-Deep River Brewing

Drink local!

Another taster from the owner of Bottle Revolution. Quite the pucker factor here. Cloudy yellow pour with a thin head and a tart/sour nose and a little "vegetable" in the tastes to accompany more sour lime tastes. No pickle/spices thankfully . I'll guess IBUs about 20 and the ABV is 6.8%. Imperial sour maybe? I'd buy a pint of this to share at a tasting but not a litter of these.

Hive Fives (draft)-Heist Brewing

Drink sorta local!

I actually paid for this half pint .

Listed on the beer board as a honey blonde ale (I like blondes but don't tell Mrs. dd ), it was surprisingly cloudy with a sunshine hue. Nose was mildly floral and slightly sweet. Tastes matched the aromas fairly closely but not quite as sweet as I might have imagined. There were also some faint orange and spice flavors (coriander?). I'll guess IBUs around 10 and the ABV was 5.5% so a wonderful beer on a warm evening in Raleigh. More enjoyable than Mother Earth's Blackbeard's Booty, the hoppy blonde ale I reviewed from my June (?) beer club 4 pack.

Maine Brewing Company A tiny beautiful something.

I can’t describe it any better than the name, so I will leave it at that.

Like all MBC beer, highly, highly recommended.
    A Tiny Beautiful Something-Maine Beer Company

I'm disappointed but will take partial credit/blame here as the 500 ml bottle purchased at a new bottle shop nearby was dated 4/28/18 and clearly stated on the label that "hoppy beers do not age well" and "please consume withing 90 days of the brewed on date on the label." However, it is a bottle-conditioned beer which should add some shelf life to the product.

Shared pour with our son tonight was a mildly cloudy, straw color with a moderate head. Modest nose of citrus and pine and tastes of the same. Not spoiled but not fresh either. I'll guess IBUs about 40 and the ABV was 5.5%. I'll not spend $10 on a bottle of this again but it is nice to have MBC brews available in the area now, given my fond recollections of our August, 2014 beer-cation in the northeast US, especially with MBC as our first stop with a flight on draft and then a case of fresh stuff to import back to NC.
    devildeac, re MBC, you are breaking my heart.

My memory says some of the best most delicate beer I have ever had.

Subtle, nuanced, delightful.
    a tiny beautiful something (draft)-Maine Beer Company

Another beer I actually purchased .

Now, this was much more like the MBC brews that I remember from 8/2014 and what fuse recounts.

I'll blame myself for the 3 month old bottle I consumed earlier this month. This 8 ounce draft was very slightly cloudy and a light amber in color. There was a bit of orange zest and some herbal scents present. Tastes were a bit of orange juice, a shaving of orange peel, some earthy hops and a hint of bready sweetness. The ABV was the same and I'll guess the IBUs were pretty close to my guess above. Not quite delicate but very flavorful and gentle/smooth on the palate and an excellent example of the American pale ale style. Very happy to have tried this fresh/on draft tonight. Ingredients copied and pasted below:

HOPS: EL DORADO
    MALT: AMERICAN 2-ROW, CARAPILS, CARAMEL 40L, FLAKED OATS

Great news:

https://www.newsobserver.com/living/...217385900.html

"Asheville’s Burial Beer Co. announced Monday it will join Transfer Co. Food Hall, slated to open this fall. It will maintain its brewing operations in Asheville."

A follow-up article in the News and Observer this AM states the food hall will not open until early 2019.

Sun King and Founders collaborating on a beer. Hope I'm back in time to get some..

Beer update from Greece so far: not great. Mythos, Fix, and Alpa. All light and simple. Haven't seen any other local beers yet, but they sure do love to drink Corona on the beach.

Hope to check out a brewery in Athens over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Sun King and Founders collaborating on a beer. Hope I'm back in time to get some..

Beer update from Greece so far: not great. Mythos, Fix, and Alpa. All light and simple. Haven't seen any other local beers yet, but they sure do love to drink Corona on the beach.

Hope to check out a brewery in Athens over the weekend.
    Given my perception (not to be confused with facts ), might this be the key to survival in Greece:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo

How's the economy in Greece? Not looking for a PBR, err PPB discussion, simply curious about things like exchange rates, hotel/food costs, # of tourists, etc.

Given my perception (not to be confused with facts ), might this be the key to survival in Greece:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouzo

How's the economy in Greece? Not looking for a PBR, err PPB discussion, simply curious about things like exchange rates, hotel/food costs, # of tourists, etc.
    If you enjoy Ouzo, you are a better person than I am.

If you enjoy Ouzo, you are a better person than I am.
    Not a fan, but, would you rather have that or (generally) bad Greek beer?

Not a fan, but, would you rather have that or (generally) bad Greek beer?
    Greece is close enough to Italy- I’d be hoping for good wine.

Greece is close enough to Italy- I’d be hoping for good wine.
    What? No mention of fine Italian ales?