Page 780 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 28068073077077877978078178279083088012801780 ... LastLast
Results 15,581 to 15,600 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by DUKIECB View Post
    I tried the Sierra Nevada Torpedo Extra IPA last night. To be honest I didn't think beforehand that it would be a future favorite of mine but I have to admit by the end I thought it was pretty tasty. The more I drank of it the more the taste grew on me. It's got 65 IBU's and 7.2% ABV. I don't think it will be a regular of mine just because the extra or double hop style isn't my favorite but I can see having another down the road if the mood strikes me right
    Hmmm, might have to convince you to try the Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Thing New England IPA this weekend and review it.

Just sayin'...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Welcome to the best thread on the internet.

I live in the Asheville area (just a few away from Sierra Nevada) along with a couple other regular posters on this thread. Let me know the next time you are in the area, maybe I can give some recommendations. I have also been known to have a pint or 3 in person with some of the folks on this thread

Cheers!
    Mattman is indeed a good drinking buddy.

I was just invited to go to some beer festival in Raleigh tomorrow. Anyone going?
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I can’t- if it is brewgaloo, you should!
    Damn, we're in Lexington, KY, tonight and headed to Columbus, IN, tomorrow. I'd absolutely join you at Brewgaloo if I was in town. We went about 2 years ago. Fun afternoon and I'd bet it's even bigger and better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Believe it is Brewgaloo. We might make it over after my son’s golf tournament at Lonnie Poole tomorrow.
    Double damn. Two Ymm, Beer patrons attending Brewgaloo and the devildeacs are out of town.

I won't be able to make it. I'll be celebrating a friend's birthday all weekend. Don't feel bad for me - there will be plenty of good beer
    Well, then, never mind. I won't feel guilty at all about being OOT and will likely stop at Taxman on Sunday afternoon on our way from Bloomington, IN to Columbus, OH.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Late to reply, but 7 of the top 50. Three Floyds and Cigar City make up the majority

Drinking a #13 (Cigar City Guayabera) right now with dinner of grilled pork chop with couscous and spinach salad.

Lots of lime/orange from the citra hops up front with pleasing but not overwhelming grassy notes on the finish. This beer (5.5% 50 IBU) has recently become much easier to find amongst CC's offerings in FL. If you NC folks find it next to the Jai Alai I'd recommend picking some up
    Some of those breweries/beers are "WTH?" I'm at least happy to be familiar with some of the breweries even though I've never sipped the example they used and Cigar City is a good example with the Guayabera.

Waiting for a couple singles from a Lexington, KY brewery to chill a bit before sipping tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Mattman is indeed a good drinking buddy.
    Upvoted for truth

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Upvoted for truth
    Thanks for the support.

Also...^^ This guy still gets carded

... we're in Lexington, KY, tonight ...
    Can't wait to read the Lexington Herald Leader's vandalism report in the coming days!

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Can't wait to read the Lexington Herald Leader's vandalism report in the coming days!
    Victim or defendant ledger?

Pay It Forward Cocoa Porter-West Sixth Brewing

Drink local (Lexington, KY)!

Selected 2 different singles from the Liquor Barn tonight. That place is huuuuuge.

This was a 12 ounce can for $2 that is somewhat surprisingly, brewed year round.

Poured a dark, dark brown with a modest-sized mocha head. Smells like a cocoa latte. Or maybe a chocolate-flavored coffee. All the tastes you'd expect with almost burnt grain flavors accompanying cocoa powder and medium roast coffee. I'll guess IBUs around 30 and the ABV is 6%. Gimme a couple chocolate chip cookies or a blondie bar with this beer. Here is an ingredients list:

Malts: 2 row, Pale Chocolate Malt, Munich, Caramunich
    Hops: Cascade
    Yeast: House Ale
    Additions: Organic, fair trade Taza cacao nibs

Victim or defendant ledger?
    "He gave as good as he got."

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I managed to survive a walk in my sister-in-law's neighborhood, a stroll around Meijer's and a stop at the Liquor Barn this evening, all wearing my 2015 Duke national chanmpionship t-shirt. Will report back about car with Duke license plate parked in driveway overnight...

Snake Eyes-West Sixth Brewing

More local!

This was selection #2, another 12 ounce can. This was $3 for an 11% ABV imperial stout. Another good choice.

Pour was almost black into any anything-but-standard 2010 Duke national championship pint glass. Beer always tastes better sipped from this commemorative glass. There are hints of molasses, dark chocolate, coffee and burnt pumpernickel bread for aromas. Tastes remind me of a hybrid Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout and Victory Storm King with probably more semi-sweet chocolate than coffee. Mouth feel was slick/oily/viscous. There are some burnt grainy perceptions, too. No IBUs quoted so I'll postulate 50 based on the RIS style. There's also some boozy warming without any barrel aging. Ingredients listed below:

HOPS: Columbus
    MALTS: 2 Row, Chocolate, Caramel, Melanoidin, Roasted Barley, Midnight Wh*at, Flaked Oats
    YEAST: House

Trying to figure out what I might sample before the Columbus (IN) Symphony Orchestra concert tomorrow evening...

DD, are you a Cicerone?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    DD, are you a Cicerone?
    24.gif

No, but I'm available for beercations walks/rides/hikes/drives/strolls/saunters. Sunday night/Monday AM will find us in Columbus, OH. Assuming we survive the next 6 hours or so in The Land of the Missing D and E wearing our Duke swag.

Unable to issue extra credit sporks so you'll have settle for a personal delivery of some simple Torn Paper Leaves that I found near the Abyss.
    Torn Paper Leaves Bottle #1: As advertised. Initial taste was a touch more sour than I would have guessed for a Trippel. Sourness faded away with food (shrimp tacos with retried beans and avocado). Delicious.

Thanks for the delivery, dd. Sorry there wasn’t time for 10 frames ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Torn Paper Leaves Bottle #1: As advertised. Initial taste was a touch more sour than I would have guessed for a Trippel. Sourness faded away with food (shrimp tacos with retried beans and avocado). Delicious.

Thanks for the delivery, dd. Sorry there wasn’t time for 10 frames ...
    The Brett and red wine barrel aging might be held accountable for that.

You're most welcome. At least this delivery was during regular bowling bizness hours.

Crank Arm Salty Spoke Smoked Oyster Stout

Pace-of-play took Brewgaloo out of the equation (and, at $45 per person, I’m not all that sad about it), but I did pick up a growler of Crank Arm’s smoked oyster stout. All ingredients from NC, they claim. The initial nose and flavor are inviting, but don’t give a huge hint of the salty-smokiness at the back-end of this beer. Almost a hint of bacon. IBU listed at 11, and a low-gravity ABV of 6.0%. And the brewery space seemed really cool (love the bicycle theme).
    "Amazing what a minute can do."