Page 752 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 25265270274275075175275375476280285212521752 ... LastLast
Results 15,021 to 15,040 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

More tomorrow after a weekend of work. Promise.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Tried 20 or so new (to me) beers in the last month and none of them none of them knocked my socks off. I'm due for a run of great beer....I think that's how it works after all.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Tried 20 or so new (to me) beers in the last month and none of them none of them knocked my socks off. I'm due for a run of great beer...I think that's how it works after all.
    I'll buy some session beers and some high ABV brews and kinda/sorta alternate them, sometimes indulging in 1 or 2 from the cellar every month or two. I'm surprised there were no "specials," knowing Sun King and St Joseph's are In The Annapolis and FFF and Taxman are well-distributed in the state, too.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...-light.559263/

The audacity.

I can’t believe this holds up in any way.

Interesting from a Miller Coors perspective in a “no publicity is bad publicity” kind of way.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://www.beeradvocate.com/communi...-light.559263/

The audacity.

I can’t believe this holds up in any way.

Interesting from a Miller Coors perspective in a “no publicity is bad publicity” kind of way.
    Astonishing.

My favorite quote from Stone Brewing:

" “We all know Keystone is specifically designed to be as inexpensive, flavorless and watery as possible. We can’t have potential Stone drinkers thinking we make a *shudder* light beer. Or for our fans to think we sold out. MillerCoors needs to stop marketing its stuff using our good name.”

Nugget Nectar-Troegs Independent Brewing

I think it's been a couple years since I bought a 6er of this imperial amber ale and got this one at Total Wine a couple weeks ago for about $13, IIRC, with a 10% off coupon. Well worth a purchase. A nearby craft beer and wine store has this on draft and I may seek one out tomorrow night.

Pour from a 12 ounce can into a standard pint glass yielded a light amber color with a small, short-lived head. Nose of tropical fruits and a bit of pine and resin. Tastes were toffee, butterscotch, mango, a hint of pine/resin and only mildly bitter, despite the unexpectedly high IBUs of 93ish (on the can). ABV a bit low for "balance" at 7.5% but about as expected for the style. Gimme some ribs, BBQ chicken or brisket with my next can. Five remain and are available for trading, sharing or hoarding.
    Ingredients:

Malt: Munich, Pilsner, Vienna
    Hops: Nugget, Palisade, Simcoe, Tomahawk, Warrior
    HopBack Hops: Nugget

Quick hits from the Valley of the Sun

Actually today it was the Valley of the Chilly Wind and Slight Rain.

As for the beer:

*Kilt Lifter scotch ale: Eh. I have had & reviewed this one before.

*Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale: From a Sedona brewery. It poured super-foamy from the 12-ounce bottle, and was a little too sweet upfront and a little too bitter at the back end. Not my favorite brown.

*Marble IPA: This is actually from an Albuquerque brewery and was really, really good. High-hopped, at 95 IBU. Cloudy orange color. Really delicious.

Actually, the best beverage I had in AZ was at a Greek restaurant. They called the drink "Windex Cleaner," because that's what it looked like. A mix of ouzo, vodka, and blue curacao. Ymmmm, ouzo.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Actually today it was the Valley of the Chilly Wind and Slight Rain.

As for the beer:

*Kilt Lifter scotch ale: Eh. I have had & reviewed this one before.

*Oak Creek Nut Brown Ale: From a Sedona brewery. It poured super-foamy from the 12-ounce bottle, and was a little too sweet upfront and a little too bitter at the back end. Not my favorite brown.

*Marble IPA: This is actually from an Albuquerque brewery and was really, really good. High-hopped, at 95 IBU. Cloudy orange color. Really delicious.

Actually, the best beverage I had in AZ was at a Greek restaurant. They called the drink "Windex Cleaner," because that's what it looked like. A mix of ouzo, vodka, and blue curacao. Ymmmm, ouzo.
    Any from Arizona Wilderness, the only AZ brewery to appear on the "beer trail" map you posted last week?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Any from Arizona Wilderness, the only AZ brewery to appear on the "beer trail" map you posted last week?
    Unsuccessful, regrettably.

http://www.philly.com/philly/food/ba...html?mobi=true

Anyone heard of this place and tried their beer?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    http://www.philly.com/philly/food/ba...html?mobi=true

Anyone heard of this place and tried their beer?
    Paging Turk, perhaps?

Tales from the Kettle-21st Amendment Brewery

A Scotch ale/black tea hybrid.

Poured from a 12 ounce can last PM into a standard pint glass with a modest, light tan head. Dark brown color but not quite as dark as a porter. Slightly smokey/peat-y nose along with some dark caramel. Tasting revealed more dark caramel, smoked meat, milk chocolate, earthy/herbal hops, heavily steeped tea and mild to moderate booziness. IBUs of 24 so minimal bitterness and ABV at a deceiving 9%, a bit high for a typical Scotch ale. This would be delicious with beef brisket, a ribeye or filet or beef stew. I think the 6er was about $11 and reflected my Total Wine 10% off coupon last month. Some stats:

Bittering Hops: Nugget
    Flavor Hops: Northern
    Brewer Yeast: Burton Ale
    Malts: Maris Otter Pale, Crystal 70L, Special B, Chocolate, Smoked Malt, Peated Malt, Victory
    Special Ingredients: Black Tea

Double Dribbrüe-Brüeprint Brewing Company

I'm not sure if this belongs in this thread or on the EK Forum in one of the hoops threads .

I think I reviewed a tasting of this a few months ago and promised I'd buy/try if I saw it packaged.

This is that purchase, a 4 pack of pint cans for about $12 at Total Wine last month with my 10% off coupon.

Hazy juice!

Poured into a standard pint glass (with a couple sips "off the top" so it would fit ). Hazy, yellow-straw color with a modest, foamy head. Smells like Tropicana grapefruit juice and tastes like it, too, along with some rind/zest, a splash of pineapple and mango and kissed with a drop or two of honey. Pretty well balanced for a DIPA with IBUs at 70 and the ABV at 10.2%. Very enjoyable as a stand alone brew but I could see a pairing with some spicy fare.

A basketball themed offering from one of Apex's finest, with "drib" being a reference to "dribble" and with basketballs depicted on the label. The local Whole Foods was selling single 16-ounce cans last week, so I picked one up, and came away very impressed. The label indicates a variety of citrus fruit flavors, and it didn't disappoint in that regard (which means Mrs. Tripping will never come within a gazillion miles of it). Pours a cloudy gold color with an off-white head. Excellent bite from the hops, and IBUs are listed at 70. It's high-gravity, too, with ABV north of 10%. One most really like the style to take on this bad-boy, but if you fall into that category (as I do), this is one very much worth tracking down.
    I'll give Tripping William best actor on this one with fuse as best supporting actor. If not for this thread, Bottle Revolution 1.5 blocks from my office and a meet-up with fuse in October, I don't think I'd have tried this brew. Well done, gentlemen.

3Beans Baltic Porter from SixPoints Brewing, 10% ABV, a delicious early Valentine's dinner treat last evening...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    3Beans Baltic Porter from SixPoints Brewing, 10% ABV, a delicious early Valentine's dinner treat last evening...
    Never had any Six Points brews but almost "stole" one from older son-in-law last week for grandkiddie-sitting "fees."

I'll give Tripping William best actor on this one with fuse as best supporting actor. If not for this thread, Bottle Revolution 1.5 blocks from my office and a meet-up with fuse in October, I don't think I'd have tried this brew. Well done, gentlemen.
    Most welcome. Another one to which to clue you in (perhaps) is the Appalachian Mountain Brewing Daniel's Double DIPA. Even though it was the beverage I consumed while watching the debacle that occurred on the other end of 15-501 last week, I really liked this beer. Cloudy orange-tinged color, moderate off-white head, with IBUs at a palate-cleansing 95. But the citrus balanced so well against the hops that you didn't feel like the IBU's were that high. ABV slightly lower than the typical DIPA, at 6.8%. Another really good offering from one of Boone's finest. Glad I have three more 16-ounce cans of it.

Most welcome. Another one to which to clue you in (perhaps) is the Appalachian Mountain Brewing Daniel's Double DIPA. Even though it was the beverage I consumed while watching the debacle that occurred on the other end of 15-501 last week, I really liked this beer. Cloudy orange-tinged color, moderate off-white head, with IBUs at a palate-cleansing 95. But the citrus balanced so well against the hops that you didn't feel like the IBU's were that high. ABV slightly lower than the typical DIPA, at 6.8%. Another really good offering from one of Boone's finest. Glad I have three more 16-ounce cans of it.
    The wide IBU/ABV disparity is surprising and generally makes me think unbalanced and bitter beer but this is excellent info to know if I see this brew any time soon. Thanks for sharing.

The wide IBU/ABV disparity is surprising and generally makes me think unbalanced and bitter beer but this is excellent info to know if I see this brew any time soon. Thanks for sharing.
    Your comment induced me to go check AMB's website, where ABVs are listed at 9% (with IBUs at 97). I *might* have been too keyed-up about the game to read the fine print on the can correctly.

Your comment induced me to go check AMB's website, where ABVs are listed at 9% (with IBUs at 97). I *might* have been too keyed-up about the game to read the fine print on the can correctly.
    Ya think?

Those numbers make more sense for the IIPA/DIPA style.