Another former UConn player in trouble with the law

you would figure duke fans of all people would be careful of condemning people before proof of guilt...

but this looks bad...really bad

but its about as relevent to Uconn today as laettner's recent law troubles are to duke

edit: for the uninformed: http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...duke-jail.html
    April 1

lives near a number of big white buildings

Another former UConn player in trouble with the law

"And the beat goes on..."

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you would figure duke fans of all people would be careful of condemning people before proof of guilt...

but this looks bad...really bad

but its about as relevent to Uconn today as laettner's recent law troubles are to duke

edit: for the uninformed: http://www.bizjournals.com/twincitie...duke-jail.html
    Yea, I wasn't passing judgement on whether or not he is guilty of the charges. Obviously, I have NO clue whether or not he really defrauded these investors. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by duke79 View Post
    Yea, I wasn't passing judgement on whether or not he is guilty of the charges. Obviously, I have NO clue whether or not he really defrauded these investors. Time will tell.
    The evidence is pretty damning. Wat's silly though, is that people here will say that this reflects on the uconn program in some way. This guy played for uconn 20 years ago, and bringing up the laettner situation was not trying to compare the transgressions of the two, they clearly are not comparable, but to demonstrate that George's actions represent the Uconn program as much as Laettner's reflect on the Duke program, in other words, absolutely zilch in both cases.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    The evidence is pretty damning. Wat's silly though, is that people here will say that this reflects on the uconn program in some way. This guy played for uconn 20 years ago, and bringing up the laettner situation was not trying to compare the transgressions of the two, they clearly are not comparable, but to demonstrate that George's actions represent the Uconn program as much as Laettner's reflect on the Duke program, in other words, absolutely zilch in both cases.
    We're talking about sports and the media here, so be prepared for people to make unfair judgments. More often than not, the judgments being made reflect worse on the people making them than the people being judged.

As for UCONN, though... whew! That school is full of nothing but dirty, lying, cheating cheaters. Cheaters, I say! I hate them. And not for any biased reason. Heck, I can't even think of some historical fact that would bias me against them. Nothing! So I know I just can't be biased or anything like that. I just hate UCONN, is all. For impartial, purely moral reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jderf View Post
    We're talking about sports and the media here, so be prepared for people to make unfair judgments. More often than not, the judgments being made reflect worse on the people making them than the people being judged.

As for UCONN, though... whew! That school is full of nothing but dirty, lying, cheating cheaters. Cheaters, I say! I hate them. And not for any biased reason. Heck, I can't even think of some historical fact that would bias me against them. Nothing! So I know I just can't be biased or anything like that. I just hate UCONN, is all. For impartial, purely moral reasons.
    Had to know I'd get dinged for that one . Sorry if I offended ya, my anonymous friend, but I just couldn't help having myself a little fun.