Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost (3/21)

And then...

Quote Originally Posted by BCGroup View Post
    I like the others suggested, but also:

"I'm sorry, we don't have code for there's someone hiding in my closet with a gun to my daughters head"
    he said(which was just as good).."But obviously we should" too funny

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Your math is off. There will be 23 or 24 episodes this season (depending on whether they do a 2-hour season finale). We just watched episode #13... so we are just past the halfway point in the season.

Plus, the producers have said that this season would largely be about finding out who the Others are. So far, they are delivering on the promise.

Next week we get the Paolo and Nikki flashback episode that fans of the show are dreading but the producers say is going to be MIND BLOWING -->

I think we are only getting started with the "reveals" this season.

-Jason "can't wait for next week!!! The Beach Lostaways sotryline is about to get goooood!" Evans
    That makes me very excited. This being hte mid-point of the season is an awesome reality. I am looking forward to finding out more about the Others, and I expect that with that many episodes, they can answer some questions and give us a big question to debate over the summer.

And, as an aside, I am very pleased with the mix of new questions and answers they have been giving us this season.

Exiled
    Last edited by Exiled_Devil; 03-23-2007 at 12:19 AM. Reason: unspoiled the quote

Quote Originally Posted by Exiled_Devil View Post
    My thought after the episode was "Lost wins" - referring to the oft-debated merits of Lost v Heroes. I cannot imagin that Heroes will surpass this episode as they wrap up the season.
    I'm a little surprised by the slobbering love for this week's episode. It had some nice moments, but the Shocking! Ending! seemed to me to cause more trouble than it was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the slobbering love for this week's episode. It had some nice moments, but the Shocking! Ending! seemed to me to cause more trouble than it was worth.
    Until we know what is going on, I don't know how you can say that putting Locke's father on the island causes more trouble than it is worth. Given the gaps in our knowledge of what is going on, I'd say it is impossible for us to make that judgement. I suspect Locke's father is there FOR A REASON and not just as a strange plot device.

The interplay between Locke and Ben was some of the best acting and writing on TV this year-- that is why the episode was so great. for me, the plot sometimes almost becomes secondary to just seeing these wonderful actors playing off each other.

-Jason "thanks to Exiled for removing the spoilers I wrote " Evans

Terry O'Quinn

How about Terry O'Quinn's acting chops? I've always loved him in every film/show I've seen him in, but seeing the difference between the depreseed weakling Locke and the hunter, leader Locke is fantastic.

I see that he was nominated for an Emmy last year. Definitely deserves to win.

why is nobody asking the question we all want to know...why does ben eat the dark meat first?

And other things

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    First of all, you forgot about Danielle. I imagine she will rescue Jack, Kate, Sayid, and Locke. Probably bring Alex with her too. They may even try to integrate Danielle and Alex into the beach scene, though I would not like that. It is possible Danielle will get whatshisname, Alex's boyfriend, to help with the rescue. If he got killed in the rescue and Alex saw it and blamed Ben, that would probably cement her decision to leave the Others.

I imagine from the previews that next week will take us back to the beach and that we will probably not see/learn very much about the captured Lostaways who are with the Others.

I too felt the twist with Locke's father was telegraphed a bit much, but it was still a very nice moment.

One thing worth noting-- this is not the first time the Island has brought to the island something that should not be there. Recall that Walt was reading a comic book about polar bears in season one when the polar bear appeared. At the time, we attributed this to some ability Walt posessed. Well, perhaps it is something inate to the island, not to Walt.

Oh, final thought -- I am sure everyone noticed this but one of Ben's main "henchmen" was the guy who recruited Juliet in her flashback episode.

-Jason "nice episode title too-- fun stuff!!" Evans

How about Kate's unicorn and maybe even Jack's father? They could be products of the box. The box kind of has a Sphere (the book by Michael Crichton) quality to it. Hopefully the writers for Lost can write a better ending than Crichton.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    How about Kate's unicorn and maybe even Jack's father? They could be products of the box. The box kind of has a Sphere (the book by Michael Crichton) quality to it. Hopefully the writers for Lost can write a better ending than Crichton.
    Ooooh, I like that. There is a lot more that has almost magically appeared on the island: Charlie's Guitar, Eko's brother's plane, anything else?

I read Sphere and the ending was weak. Then again, I find that Chrichton, like Grisham, spins a great tale only to have it often end with a quite unsatisfactory and often illogical conclusion. The movie of Sphere was truly horrid.

-Jason "I wonder if Hurley's car might be something the island created?" Evans

LA Times Interview with O'Quinn

This is a great Lost story/interview with Terry O'Quinn with some interesting tidbits on John Locke.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...dlines-entnews