Whats Your Favorite Pro Sport to Watch?

We all know what our favorite sport to watch is. If its not Duke B-ball you are a troll. However, pro sports draw many more viewers than college. So, which one gets you on the edge of the couch/bleacher/bar stool?

After catching drunken bits and pieces of the superbowl, the last period of the NHL season, 15 minutes of game 4 Lakers/Celtics, and about 2 innings of baseball this year I have come to the conclusion that watching a good golf game is about the most excited I get. Tiger is amazing and I've been pulling for him since Payne Stewart passed away. I pulled for Rocco in the Open though.

I also enjoy Federer/Nadal, or Federer/Roddick (when Roddick actually plays him well.) Agassi/Sampras matches were nuts too!

Funny thing is, I barely ever play golf or tennis.

What, no poll?

Sports I follow (in decreasing order of importance)
    NCAA Basketball > NBA > MLB > women's NCAA basketball when Duke's not playing

Sports I watch if it's on TV (or at least try to catch the playoffs)
    Football (NFL > NCAA > Arena) > NASCAR

Sports I can't stand to watch (because I find it boring)
    NHL, Golf, Tennis*, Soccer*, winter sports*, cycling, anything that fits under "X-sports" category

--
    *Kinda weird since I like playing tennis and soccer, and love to ski.

I watch just about every sport on TV like it's my job. My favorites to watch on TV:

1. NBA
    1a. Soccer
    2. NFL
    3. NHL
    4. Golf
    5. Boxing
    6. MLB
    7. Olympic Sports
    8. Tennis
    Last edited by blazindw; 06-18-2008 at 07:56 PM.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

NHL. The Sharks. Especially at The Tank.

OMG, how I miss them already. . .

Sports I follow (in decreasing order of importance)
    NCAA Hoops > NFL > EPL > MLB > NHL > NBA > NASCAR > LAX (College > MLL)

Sports I watch on TV -Playoffs only

NHL > NBA > Golf (Majors) > College Lax > Cycling (Tour de France)

Not many sports I can't watch... except women's sports. I'm not sexist or anything, but I find women's sports unwatchable... except in the Olympics. I just love sports and I can watch them all day... even bowling/tennis/golf

sports I love and hate

Sports I hate -- anything involving car racing. Formula One, NASCAR, etc. etc. Round and round, crash and burn. ...Beyond boring.

Most other sports have my attention.

NFL, MBL, Golf, Tennis, Track & Field, professional ice skating, skiing, X games, etc.

But nothing (except Duke Basketball) beats the Olympics -- both summer and winter. Riveted to my screen (or TIVO) every event, every opportunity, rooting for the USA (with a few exceptions). I'm so glad the NBC (rather than CBS) is the network of choice this year. Am THRILLED that there will be coverage -- often of complete events from start-to-finish on many channels.

(So tired of just excepts and Up Close & Personal when I want to watch things in their entirety)! GO USA -- and others of note. Can't wait for 8-8-08 -- well, actually the ninth when the games begin. YAHOO

Golf.

I have a hard time watching any other pro sport on TV.

woah...

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I watch just about every sport on TV like it's my job. My favorites to watch on TV:

1. NBA
    1a. Soccer
    2. NFL
    3. NHL
    4. Golf
    5. MLB
    6. Olympic Sports
    7. Tennis
    you're a duke alum and NCAA b-ball doesn't even make your list? Wow. I know the original says pro sports, but most have been listing non-pro stuff, and the Olympics aren't supposed to be pro as an overall concept, are they?

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    you're a duke alum and NCAA b-ball doesn't even make your list? Wow. I know the original says pro sports, but most have been listing non-pro stuff, and the Olympics aren't supposed to be pro as an overall concept, are they?
    I think the original poster noted from the beginning that NCAA b-ball would be at or near the top of everyone's list, myself included. You'll also notice that NCAA FB is not on my list too. I stuck (which most others have as well) to pro sports. The Olympics aren't supposed to be professionals, but the athletes in a growing number of Olympic sports are indeed professionals.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

(1) Baseball (but only the Braves)
    (2) NFL (the beauty of fantasy football, and actually caring about multiple games)
    (3) Golf (if Tiger is playing - if he isn't this goes straight to the bottom)
    (4) NASCAR
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

On tv?
    1. NFL - Pro Football benefits from having a relatively short schedule, just enough to keep things interesting. The games are regularly scheduled, or always occur at the same time on the same networks unlike the NBA, NHL, MLB. It also lends itself well to snacking and conversation much like baseball.

In person?
    1. Tough one between NFL and MLB. I'd probably lean more towards football but I still love a day at the ballpark.

If you're going multiple couple days, know the course and care about players not named Eldrick, a major golf tournament is quite a fulfilling experience.

Street price for U.S. Open and PGA tickets is almost always under face (practice rounds are effectively free). You get to wander around ALL DAY on one of the greatest courses in the country. It's a pretty good deal when you think of it this way.

When it comes to my sports fanaticism, NCAA basketball and the NFL are tied for first, and nothing else is really even close.

I'll watch the NHL and NBA finals if a team I like is playing, or if I happen to catch a former Dukie getting some minutes. I'll leave MLB playoffs on the TV if the Red Sox are in it and I have something else to actually occupy my attention. I used to watch tennis during the Sampras era, but can't bring myself to care about it now.

I do love the olympics though, especially the winter games. Biathlon? Luge? Curling? I can't get enough of that stuff.

For professional sports it is NFL and cycling. Nothing better than a Sunday afternoon of watching football on tv and napping off and on. As for cycling, I have actually gone into the office, found out that a meeting was cancelled so I returned home to finish watching a stage of Le Tour de France. I will read written live descriptions of a race - and have even followed the updates in French, which I don't really speak. (I have a problem but I don't plan on getting help for it.)

Breakfast at Wimbledon is a must.

I love the Olympics - especially the lesser known sports. I have stayed up late for curling.

I don't watch boxing or auto racing.