Things about BB you can learn from Wiki

Manute Bol had a playing weight of just 220 lbs and he current lives in Olathe KS.

Both he and Gheorghe Muresan had pituitary disorders and average-sized parents.

Brian Davis' middle name is Keith.

Robert Horry was drafted after Christian, Adam Keefe, Todd Day. Walt Williams, and just before Malik Sealy (RIP), notable NBA bust Harold Miner, and Bryant Stith.

Maybe I live under a rock, but I had no idea Al Horford is Dominican.

Dell Curry and Scott Skiles were in the so-called "cursed draft" of 1986.

Adonal Foyle's last contract was 6Y for $42M!

Obinna Ekeize was in the trade that swapped, among others, Christian and Juwan Howard.

Serge Zwikker almost made the 1R of the NBA draft (30th, 1st pick of the 2R)

DeJuan Wheat is UL's 2nd all-time leading scorer but never played an NBA game.

Jamal Mashburn is one of only 6 NBA players to avg 20 ppg in his final season. (Jordan, West, Bird, and the untimely dead Petrovic and Lewis).

Bob Hurley (SR) won the 2007-08 HS championship at St Anthony's; that makes 23 for him as a head coach.
    Last edited by throatybeard; 06-08-2008 at 11:27 PM.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I'm so vain. I bet I thought this post was about me.

There's very little you can learn about billybreen on wiki.

That could be remedied...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    That could be remedied...
    Not for long. I highly doubt I meet the interestingness bar for articles, so billybreen-related content would not last long.

Now, an article on DBR may be warranted given the size of the site. Then maybe we could slip in one line about me. Maybe something like: "DBR has a very active forum community. The user with the highest post count is some no-life tool named 'billybreen.'"

O.J. Mayo's real name is Ovinton J'Anthony Mayo

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    You can learn a lot from our mutual exgf, Reese.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    You can learn a lot from our mutual exgf, Reese.
    My sister is naming her unborn second daughter 'Reese.' What was that you were saying about trendy names?

Things about BB you can learn from Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I honestly expected to read a thread on billybreen too!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Manute Bol had a playing weight of just 220 lbs and he current lives in Olathe KS.

Brian Davis' middle name is Keith.

Robert Horry was drafted after Christian, Adam Keefe, Todd Day. Walt Williams, and just before Malik Sealy (RIP), notable NBA bust Harold Miner, and Bryant Stith.

Maybe I live under a rock, but I had no idea Al Horford is Dominican.

Dell Curry and Scott Skiles were in the so-called "cursed draft" of 1986.

Adonal Foyle's last contract was 6Y for $42M!

Obinna Ekeize was in the trade that swapped, among others, Christian and Juwan Howard.

Serge Zwikker almost made the 1R of the NBA draft (30th, 1st pick of the 2R)

DeJuan Wheat is UL's 2nd all-time leading scorer but never played an NBA game.

Jamal Mashburn is one of only 6 NBA players to avg 20 ppg in his final season. (Jordan, West, Bird, and the untimely dead Petrovic and Lewis).

Bob Hurley (SR) won the 2007-08 HS championship at St Anthony's; that makes 23 for him as a head coach.
    Be careful with wikipedia. It is great for the most part, but I've caught inaccuracies before. IIRC (will check), Manute Bol comes from a very tall line of people. His grandfather was one of the tallest men on Earth (7'11"), and I think both his parents were close to 7 feet. Like I said, I will check again, but I am pretty sure this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Be careful with wikipedia. It is great for the most part, but I've caught inaccuracies before. IIRC (will check), Manute Bol comes from a very tall line of people. His grandfather was one of the tallest men on Earth (7'11"), and I think both his parents were close to 7 feet. Like I said, I will check again, but I am pretty sure this is the case.
    IRRC, Bol is from the Dinka Tribe - a very tallllllllllllll group of indviduals!

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    That's what I love about wikipedia... It's like playing russian roulette with facts instead of bullets.

His maternal grandfather was 7'10". His mother was 6'10", his father 6'8". He has a younger sister who is 6'10".

Kind of a tall family.

Wink Things about BB (BillyBreen) you can learn from Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I honestly expected to read a thread on billybreen too!
    Hey, what makes you think they'd have a listing for billybreen if they haven't a listing for Patrick Davidson?

Umm, I don't see any mention of this on Bol's wiki page. Muresan's page says that "unlike Bol, his great height is the result of a pituitary disorder".

FWIW, studies have shown that Wikipedia is quite accurate - one said that it was more so than Encyclopedia Brittanica.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    Umm, I don't see any mention of this on Bol's wiki page. Muresan's page says that "unlike Bol, his great height is the result of a pituitary disorder".
    Me no read so good.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsondevil View Post
    FWIW, studies have shown that Wikipedia is quite accurate - one said that it was more so than Encyclopedia Brittanica.
    Word. Read about that study in The Economist last year. Most folks trashing Wiki seem to know little about how it works.

---Roger Ebert

Who’s gonna bury who
    ---Over the Rhine

Word. Read about that study in The Economist last year. Most folks trashing Wiki seem to know little about how it works.
    So, you're saying it's the Fair Tax of online knowledge repositories?

Oops, wrong board.

I have studied this issue very carefully, and aside from the fact that I don't know what everybody is talking about, I remain non-committal on the whole issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    I have studied this issue very carefully, and aside from the fact that I don't know what everybody is talking about, I remain non-committal on the whole issue.

I owe you a response over on the other board.

Perhaps 6'8" and 6'10" are average heights for Dinkas?