Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coach K Academy Photo Gallery (former players)

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    Hey Watzone - thanks for the great photos!

A suggestion (don't know how much trouble this is) - can you include a caption with the names of the former players/coaches? Sad to admit, but I am having a hard time recognizing a few of them...

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Hey Watzone - thanks for the great photos!

A suggestion (don't know how much trouble this is) - can you include a caption with the names of the former players/coaches? Sad to admit, but I am having a hard time recognizing a few of them...
    Trust me, Shamm, it will get worse - but only if you continue to live!

A shav sighting! Shav is there on picture/slide 21 (top right, red shirt) and 25.

I only bring it up b/c I didn't see his name mentioned anywhere in articles regarding former duke players at the academy(particularly ones currently in the NBA)

Thanks Wat.

There must be some pretty nasty pickup games between all the former players.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    A shav sighting! Shav is there on picture/slide 21 (top right, red shirt) and 25.

I only bring it up b/c I didn't see his name mentioned anywhere in articles regarding former duke players at the academy(particularly ones currently in the NBA)

Thanks Wat.
    Anyone know what Shav's pro plans are at this time?

Watzone, you had a chance to speak with him at all during the academy?

I put some captions up on most of the pics, leaving off a few obvious ones. I guess I need a life for I knew who all the players were on site. Even had some vet Duke sports writers asking me who "that guy" is on a couple of occasions.

I talked with almost all of the players and will be doing some articles in between recruiting stuff in my premium section in the coming weeks.

Shav is very faithful to Duke, and well, his faith. He was happy to be there and I actually did see him mentioned in a few articles. I was able to be in the middle of some interesting comments from Shav, Shelden and Dockery when I was getting a few q and a's. It's great that they are so comfortable around me. Shelden said that K brought him out of his, pardon the pun, shell. "I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you like this during my freshman year at Duke," said Shelden.

Needless to say, it was a family atmosphere. I should have some follow up pictures in the coming days. There were at least ten more worth printing and I expect some new ones as well.

BTW, hoops prospect Leslie McDonald is visiting this weekend. I am talking about that and much more in my premium section

Shav will be working out with several teams.

Thanks

thanks for all the info

Quote Originally Posted by watzone View Post
    I put some captions up on most of the pics, leaving off a few obvious ones. I guess I need a life for I knew who all the players were on site. Even had some vet Duke sports writers asking me who "that guy" is on a couple of occasions.

I talked with almost all of the players and will be doing some articles in between recruiting stuff in my premium section in the coming weeks.

Shav is very faithful to Duke, and well, his faith. He was happy to be there and I actually did see him mentioned in a few articles. I was able to be in the middle of some interesting comments from Shav, Shelden and Dockery when I was getting a few q and a's. It's great that they are so comfortable around me. Shelden said that K brought him out of his, pardon the pun, shell. "I wouldn't be sitting here talking to you like this during my freshman year at Duke," said Shelden.

Needless to say, it was a family atmosphere. I should have some follow up pictures in the coming days. There were at least ten more worth printing and I expect some new ones as well.

BTW, hoops prospect Leslie McDonald is visiting this weekend. I am talking about that and much more in my premium section

Shav will be working out with several teams.
    Nice to see Kenny in game shape!

Ricky Price sighting! Next I was expecting to see Greg Newton and Tony Moore (T-moooooooo!)

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    There must be some pretty nasty pickup games between all the former players.
    As a former K-camper, I recall that they played pick-up against the campers in the mornings, and sometimes against themselves. I recall watching Jay Bilas come down and drop a 3. He then commented that he could always do that, but 'something about the interests of the team' He was a great guy.

Many thanks for the pics. Is Jay Bilas there?

Awesome, Watzone! You are the best. Great photos....great memories.

The Kenny Dennard (King, NC) and Gene Banks (Philly) combo was utterly priceless. I can still see Dennard elevating for his patented reverse jam, pointing to Tinkerbell and hustling back on D....it's fantasy camp, right?

Thanks again, Watzone.

bilas

Jay is keeping bobby knight's balls clean in Ireland.

ie, They're playing golf.

Quote Originally Posted by WiJoe View Post
    Jay is keeping bobby knight's balls clean in Ireland.

ie, They're playing golf.
    Really? Great!

How'd you like to be in an Irish pub and hear those two swap stories and entertain the locals?

Seems like it's a bunch of old men with too much money to throw away and too much time on their hands...

The $10,000 fee to attend camp could send 20 inner city kids to a basketball camp. They could give 200 teachers a $50 gas card.
    It's a shame how some people are so out of touch w/ reality and lack a conscious of people who aren't fortunate. Some people just don't get and never will....

You do know the proceeds from the camp go to the Emily K center and to the Duke scholarship fund, right? Who are you to judge how somebody spends their money, and who's to say that the old rich guys don't donate money/time outside of K Acadmey? They're just living out a dream, even if for only a few days. I'm hardly rich, but as a die hard Duke fan, even I woudl consider K academy when I'm at that age.

That was one of the most pompous, self righteous posts I have ever read.

Quote Originally Posted by bludev03 View Post
    Seems like it's a bunch of old men with too much money to throw away and too much time on their hands...

The $10,000 fee to attend camp could send 20 inner city kids to a basketball camp. They could give 200 teachers a $50 gas card.
    It's a shame how some people are so out of touch w/ reality and lack a conscious of people who aren't fortunate. Some people just don't get and never will....

Quote Originally Posted by bludev03 View Post

This from the poster who derided Chris Spatola, who called out lacrosse players for "failing" to apologize for underage drinking when they had long ago (and repeatedly) done so, and so on and so forth.

Once again, your comments are off-base, presumptuous and arrogantly delivered.

It would seem that the only person "out of touch with reality" is you.

Thank you, Watzone, for sharing your pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by studdlee10 View Post
    You do know the proceeds from the camp go to the Emily K center and to the Duke scholarship fund, right? Who are you to judge how somebody spends their money, and who's to say that the old rich guys don't donate money/time outside of K Acadmey? They're just living out a dream, even if for only a few days. I'm hardly rich, but as a die hard Duke fan, even I woudl consider K academy when I'm at that age.

That was one of the most pompous, self righteous posts I have ever read.
    And even more money than that $10,000 fee is raised from the K Academy campers for various causes.