Thread: New Bulls Coach

New Bulls Coach

Doug Collins is the new Chicago Bulls coach. What are the chances Chris might leave Duke & go to work for his dad ???

Duhon

Pretty good development for Duhon you'd think considering the Duke connection with Chris Collins. Someone will get moved though if they pick Derek Rose.

I suppose it could help, but at this point he's stuck behind a slew of guards...not to mention he's an unrestricted free agent so he doesn't really play for the bulls anymore. (to say nothing of the fact that his relationship with Jon Paxson may be strained after a few slip-ups during the 2nd half of the season...)

Whether or not the reputation is deserved, the Bulls probably won't want Duhon, the perceived "bad apple," influencing the future of their franchise. Duhon is a very good back-up point guard in the NBA, and the sooner he finds a different team, the better.

Doug Collins? I hope he gets along with Michael Jordan this time.

This surprises me, except for Doug's proven willingness to put his team in the hands of a star who can get it done, which is what I think Chicago thinks that they will be getting with Rose.

Doug is best in creating a team with offensive flair that feeds off creative play. He likes a team to run. He is also a terrific interface for the media. Come to think of it, he is a logical and good pick.

I am no maven at these type things, but I see Nash going to NY to be with his coach and near his first love, the NY Red Bulls. Could be something in a three way involving guards from Chicago going to Phoenix. Like I said, what do I know?

Not so fast

According to GM Paxson, it's not a done deal yet...“I’ve been in contact with Doug Collins in regard to our head coaching position,” Paxson said. “Contrary to some reports that are currently out there, we have not reached an agreement. Right now, his commitment is covering the Western Conference finals for TNT. When that series concludes, we will continue our dialogue. In the meantime, I will continue to talk to other candidates and review our options.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=st&type=lgns

Well

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    This time, he won't be encumbered by Jordan's draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Jordan is part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats and has no current connection to the Chicago Bulls.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Yo Noah!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I suppose it could help, but at this point he's stuck behind a slew of guards...not to mention he's an unrestricted free agent so he doesn't really play for the bulls anymore. (to say nothing of the fact that his relationship with Jon Paxson may be strained after a few slip-ups during the 2nd half of the season...)
    Well, if they have character issues with Duhon just imagine how they'll feel about Joakim Noah after his latest escapades.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    This surprises me, except for Doug's proven willingness to put his team in the hands of a star who can get it done, which is what I think Chicago thinks that they will be getting with Rose.

Doug is best in creating a team with offensive flair that feeds off creative play. He likes a team to run. He is also a terrific interface for the media. Come to think of it, he is a logical and good pick.

I am no maven at these type things, but I see Nash going to NY to be with his coach and near his first love, the NY Red Bulls. Could be something in a three way involving guards from Chicago going to Phoenix. Like I said, what do I know?
    Well clearly even YOU don't know what you know, so how could we possibly answer that:
    Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    This surprises me....

Come to think of it, he is a logical and good pick.
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Jordan is part owner of the Charlotte Bobcats and has no current connection to the Chicago Bulls.
    I could be wrong but I thought he making a joke about Doug being fired back in '89 (?) when jordan was on the bulls...

Does anyone think the Bulls will package Kirk, Chris and Ben in order to get a decent forward?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Does anyone think the Bulls will package Kirk, Chris and Ben in order to get a decent forward?
    No. That makes no sense.

And as I said above, Duhon's contract is done, he doesn't play for the bulls anymore so they can't trade him. (i'm not sure what day his contract is officially completed and the free agent period opens, but I believe its July 1)

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    I could be wrong but I thought he making a joke about Doug being fired back in '89 (?) when jordan was on the bulls...
    You are correct. Oz' sardonic humor detector glitched.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Either Ben or Kirk, yes. I would expect to see them try to package them with Drew Gooden (expiring contract) and either Noah or Thomas (young talent). Maybe for J. O'Neal?

I think Thomas is the likely forward to go. He could get a lot in return (well, maybe not a lot but he has more "upside" than Noah) and is still very young.

The Bulls could be next year's version of this year's Celtics-quantum leap forward. Could also be a disaster, and given the contract mess they are in, I hope they have a great capologist.

If Paxson manages to move Hinrich's killer contract, he is automatically the favorite for Executive of the Year.