View Poll Results: "Cougars" - Define them

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Older but desperate women

3 7.50%
  • Older but sexy and desirable women

25 62.50%
  • Older women who should be avoided at all cost (e.g. crazy)

5 12.50%
  • Older but worth a one-nighter?

5 12.50%
  • Older but hey, I could spend my life with one.

2 5.00%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Vicki Lawrence gets bumped out of the 15-seed in favor of Linda Cohn (48). In a related development over in the Brunette bracket that will doubtlessly please Joe Namath, Suzy Kolber (44) gets a bid.
    Holy crap! Suzy Kolber is 44!!! She looks waaaay younger.

An aside: my wife's boss stayed in a hotel room next door to Suzy Kolber in NYC a few years ago. She and a Giant's player (forgot which one) kept him up a good part of the night with their "activities" during the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    An aside: my wife's boss stayed in a hotel room next door to Suzy Kolber in NYC a few years ago. She and a Giant's player (forgot which one) kept him up a good part of the night with their "activities" during the night.
    Yahtzee?

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Yahtzee?

-EJ
    Either that or Scrabble.

There's been some talk amongst the mods about this thread... we can continue as long as (1) it stays PG-rated and (2) we leave out politically-related figures. So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.

Either that or Scrabble.

There's been some talk amongst the mods about this thread... we can continue as long as (1) it stays PG-rated and (2) we leave out politically-related figures. So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.
    What about dead semi-politicians. Thinking Princess Diana here, who was one hot mama - and would still be today - if she were not dead.

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam

What about dead semi-politicians. Thinking Princess Diana here, who was one hot mama - and would still be today - if she were not dead.

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam
    Ick. No.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    So no Coulter/McCain matchup in the Blonde region. Media figures who do not derive their fame from espousing political views are fair game, as are foreign nobility, so Fergie can stay.
    Why should their being political figures matter? This is about looks.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Why should their being political figures matter? This is about looks.
    I want to preclude the possibility of straying into Public Policy Board content. There are other fish in the sea, as they say. Anyway, I can always invoke the "it's my dang bracket" rule.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I want to preclude the possibility of straying into Public Policy Board content. There are other fish in the sea, as they say. Anyway, I can always invoke the "it's my dang bracket" rule.
    While it is your bracket, I still fail to see how saying someone like Ann Coulter is or isn't attractive, or that she lost in round X to so-and-so could stray into public policy territory. When it comes to actresses we're not discussing their acting abilities so why would we discuss a semi-political figure's political views?

Do what you like, it just seems silly to preclude someone simply because of how they came to fame.

Anyway, fair game?

-EarlJam
    I sense a little necrophilia going on here with Earljam. Double ick.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Bracketology

Where do we stand? I'm ready for a poll.

the age of the voter matters..

Not to make this overly complex... but brackets should be assembled based on the relative age of the voter..

Im 40. alot of these women arent cougars, but my peers (more or less).
    Some could be MILFS, but not all are quite cougars in my mind.

I have a sleeper cougar. An older vibrant woman..

Susan Sullivan - While not a household name... On Dharma and Greg she played Gregs mom.. Something about her says "notice me".
    (or at least it did then)

Quote Originally Posted by wilko View Post
    Not to make this overly complex... but brackets should be assembled based on the relative age of the voter..
    Im 40. alot of these women arent cougars, but my peers (more or less).
    Some could be MILFS, but not all are quite cougars in my mind.
    That doesn't seem fair. A cougar is a cougar, it's their age that matters not yours or mine.

I have a sleeper cougar. An older vibrant woman..

Susan Sullivan - While not a household name... On Dharma and Greg she played Gregs mom.. Something about her says "notice me".
    (or at least it did then)
    I noticed her as well. Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    That doesn't seem fair. A cougar is a cougar, it's their age that matters not yours or mine.
    Well... If you are 12 Miley Cyrus is your peer... And Britteny S. would be both a cougar and a MILF to that 12 yo.

But as a person MY age... Britt is only a MILF... a cougar.. not so much. I still tend to think of her as bait.

Unless we have a drop dead age limit to be a cougar. Period. (Lotta, pages I coulda missed it..) But even then thats not so fair to the idolized object in question.. because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I noticed her as well. Good call.
    Glad Im not nutz.

because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..
    What are you going to do in 10, 20 or 30 years? Quit enjoying? Not me. IMO, a cougar is a woman over 40.

Well... If you are 12 Miley Cyrus is your peer... And Britteny S. would be both a cougar and a MILF to that 12 yo.

But as a person MY age... Britt is only a MILF... a cougar.. not so much. I still tend to think of her as bait.

Unless we have a drop dead age limit to be a cougar. Period. (Lotta, pages I coulda missed it..) But even then thats not so fair to the idolized object in question.. because a cougar is inherently an older woman. So Id only vote for ones older than me..

Glad Im not nutz.
    Ahhhhh I see your point. I think you're looking at the definition of "older" too literally. We're not comparing age relative to individual people. There is a minimum age to quality as a Cougar, and it's 40. Brittney cannot achieve cougardom until she is 40.

Cougar is widely referenced in pop culture as an older woman (40s - 50s) preying upon younger men (20s - 30s).

To really seal the deal, hurleyfor3 clearly states it's his "dang bracket".

heh...

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    What are you going to do in 10, 20 or 30 years? Quit enjoying? Not me. IMO, a cougar is a woman over 40.
    In 30 yrs I'll be a dity old man.
    Still not quite ready for the Betty whites and Jessica Tandys of the world

In 30 yrs I'll be a dity old man.
    Still not quite ready for the Betty whites and Jessica Tandys of the world
    I like older women as long as they are younger than me.
    ~rthomas

Don't know the definition, but I had to have been in cougar central this weekend. The Hamptons...and boy were they aggressive.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Did they score?

Haha, not with me...we were at the beach and a few of them were pressing hard on the group of four guys near us. (I was with a group of several couples and myself...so probably not the ratio they were looking for.) Its not a big area, so I saw them prowling a night club later that evening...they appeared to still be looking for targets.