View Poll Results: "Cougars" - Define them

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Older but desperate women

3 7.50%
  • Older but sexy and desirable women

25 62.50%
  • Older women who should be avoided at all cost (e.g. crazy)

5 12.50%
  • Older but worth a one-nighter?

5 12.50%
  • Older but hey, I could spend my life with one.

2 5.00%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    We're starting to need our own thread.
    Yeah, and they're my dang brackets, so I get to decide how old you have to be. I do, however, strongly believe CZJ is >40. Just can't find verification.

The three-seeds are Helen Hunt (44), Shania Twain (42), Jane Leeves (47) and Michelle Yeoh (45). Now I need a Latina as the #4 seed to balance out the Minority bracket.

Also, I changed my mind about Cindy McCain. I'm sticking her in the 8/9 game against Ann Coulter (45).

Quote Originally Posted by hurleyfor3 View Post
    Yeah, and they're my dang brackets, so I get to decide how old you have to be. I do, however, strongly believe CZJ is >40. Just can't find verification.

The three-seeds are Helen Hunt (44), Shania Twain (42), Jane Leeves (47) and Michelle Yeoh (45). Now I need a Latina as the #4 seed to balance out the Minority bracket.

Also, I changed my mind about Cindy McCain. I'm sticking her in the 8/9 game against Ann Coulter (45).
    Selma Hayek is 41. I cannot wait to see the brackets.
    IMDB has CZJ at 39.
    Last edited by 2535Miles; 05-28-2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added info on CZJ.

Selma Hayek is 41. I cannot wait to see the brackets.
    Oh, good one. I'll make her the four, along with Heather Locklear (46), Elizabeth Hurley (42) and Marcia Cross (46).

The five-seeds are all eligible for membership in AARP: Kim Catrall (51), Jackie Smyth (61), Rene Russo (54) and Pam Grier (just turned 59).

Ann Coulter? Eeewwww. What are you talking about? Eeewwww. Eeewwww. I can't even think what to say. eewww.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Ann Coulter? Eeewwww. What are you talking about? Eeewwww. Eeewwww. I can't even think what to say. eewww.
    I thought I was doing lefties a favor with a McCain/Coulter 8/9 game. Somebody has to lose, and whichever one doesn't gets knocked out by Nicole anyway. If you want I can put the play-in game in the Blonde bracket with #16a Hillary Clinton (60) vs. #16b Tipper Gore (59).

Six seeds are the aforementioned Madonna (49), Demi Moore (45), Julianne Moore (47) and Iman (42). Gillian Anderson and Debra Messing both turn 40 in August... my, will that ever shake up the Redhead bracket.

For the Blonde five I'm swapping out Catrall for Kim Basinger (54) whom I haven't seen a recent picture of but couldn't possibly have jumped the shark. I'll make Kim Catrall the seven.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I've met Ann Coulter. She went to high school with my hubby. I could take her, in so very many ways. Easiest way would be to blow on her.

Up close, she's skinny in an 'I don't eat because I'm famous' kind of way, she's got bad posture and the tanning, however she does it, salon or spray, ain't great.

There are way more attractive women over 40, way more, shoot if you really need a Republican, go for Katherine Harris or Arianna Huffington. Or hey, how about Dennis Kucinich's wife? Not a Republican, I know, and she might not be old enough. Yes, I'm too lazy to look up how to spell Kucinich.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by devil84
    One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??

That's right!!! (I didn't forget about you but as you hadn't posted in this thread I wasn't sure I should mention you. We are admitting to be 'of Cougar age' after all.)

Were you at the infamous Spirit Keg Victory? There used to be a picture of us in the Alumni office from that game.
    I didn't know about the Spirit Keg Victory picture in the Alumni office. I would love to see it! I do, however, remember the words to some of the cheers that we shouted to win that keg. Bostondevil, you probably authored those cheers, didn't you?

Do you remember the slogan that was silk-screened on our Aycock T-shirts?

The Aycock Cougars might be our reunion T-shirt slogan. . .
    Last edited by CathyCA; 05-28-2008 at 07:49 PM. Reason: ~because I left out the predicate in my last sentence.

I was also going to throw Michelle Obama (44) in somewhere if it matters... easily trouncing Condi Rice in her conference championship game.

Seven seeds are Catrall, Julia Roberts (40), Geena Davis (52) and Halle Berry (41).

I have to cut out for the night. I'll try to work on this more tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    There must be an adams apple sub-bracket.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    She was born 25 September 1969 so hasn't turned 39 quite yet.

If she was included how tough a matchup would it be between her and Shania for the right to go to the Final Four?

Can you imagine the brunette bracket if both CZJ and Angie Harmon were old enough to be included?

Sigh...I must be getting old. I find younger women attractive and all of these are younger.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    One minor correction: there was a time when CathyCA and Bostondevil and devil84 lived in the same dorm at Duke! Talk about fabulous Aycock women!! Any more of us??
    It is all a matter of perspective. In my eyes, y'all aren't Cougars, but younger MILF's!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It is all a matter of perspective. In my eyes, y'all aren't Cougars, but younger MILF's!
    HAHAHA Nice. Would you believe that "they" qualify Brittney Spears as a MILF? While it would technically be correct (assuming she's your type) to call her a MILF, I think it's a mighty pedantic application of the term. Sure she has kids, but, but, but.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    So to all women 35, 40+, and even beyond, I salute you! And I want to be with you.
    Damn, I guess I have to wait a few more years...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    There are way more attractive women over 40, way more, shoot if you really need a Republican, go for Katherine Harris or Arianna Huffington.
    Hate to break it to you, but Arianna's been a Dem for quite awhile (>5yrs) now. Very public about it. Her latest book is entitled something to the effect of, "Why Right is Wrong."

We're starting to need our own thread.
    Please do, it'll be an entertaining bracket.

Thank you, I think. LOL

HAHAHA Nice. Would you believe that "they" qualify Brittney Spears as a MILF? While it would technically be correct (assuming she's your type) to call her a MILF, I think it's a mighty pedantic application of the term. Sure she has kids, but, but, but.
    All this talk of MILFs (and the earlier mention of Michelle Obama) begs the question: is America ready for a FLILF?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but Arianna's been a Dem for quite awhile (>5yrs) now. Very public about it. Her latest book is entitled something to the effect of, "Why Right is Wrong."

Oops, I quit watching political discussion shows after Politically Incorrect went off the air. Very occasionally I'll still watch the McLaughlin Group.

You'll notice you don't see me posting to the PP board.

Arianna's still more attrative than Ann Coulter IMHO.

Hey, do we get to vote in the brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    I didn't know about the Spirit Keg Victory picture in the Alumni office. I would love to see it! I do, however, remember the words to some of the cheers that we shouted to win that keg. Bostondevil, you probably authored those cheers, didn't you?

Do you remember the slogan that was silk-screened on our Aycock T-shirts?

The Aycock Cougars might be our reunion T-shirt slogan. . .
    Up and Coming!!!!! The picture was of the whole group of us holding up the A-Y-C-O-C-K signs in the stands at Wallace Wade. Most of us were behind the signs unfortunately but there were enough recognizable faces that I knew it was us. It's been awhile since I've seen it, I don't know if it's still there.

I didn't author the cheers, I was a freshman! It was our illustrious dorm president, I think. I can picture her, plain as day, but I don't remember her name.

I didn't author the cheers, I was a freshman! It was our illustrious dorm president, I think. I can picture her, plain as day, but I don't remember her name.
    Her first name was Emma. PM me and I'll tell you her last name.