Smile MXC, err... WIPEOUT

So while watching Indy yesterday, I saw adverts for a new summer show on ABC, called WIPEOUT. I liked it on SpikeTV, when it was a Japanese import called "MXC" (most extreme elimination challenge). Absolutely the dumbest show around. It was so bad, it was good.

It was just a matter of time before the execs at ABC took it on.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Sounds like it's similar to Banzuke Challenge or Ninja Warrior on G4TV, I love those shows!

I'll definitely check it out, Thanks Lavabe!

Quote Originally Posted by ghost View Post
    Sounds like it's similar to Banzuke Challenge or Ninja Warrior on G4TV, I love those shows!

I'll definitely check it out, Thanks Lavabe!
    I was about to say, if you're watching MXC, you're watching an inferior Japanese show. Ninja Warrior and Viking (was on ESPN couple years ago, but haven't seen it recently) are awesome. If the game show network could create a second channel for Japanese game shows, I'd be all over that

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    So while watching Indy yesterday, I saw adverts for a new summer show on ABC, called WIPEOUT. I liked it on SpikeTV, when it was a Japanese import called "MXC" (most extreme elimination challenge). Absolutely the dumbest show around. It was so bad, it was good.

It was just a matter of time before the execs at ABC took it on.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    So long as nobody in the American version does any of the stupid cheers or wears any of the ridiculous outfits from the Japanese version.

Actually, scratch that. Why on earth do we keep accepting this garbage from the networks? They put on shows like this, and the other so-called 'reality' shows because they are cheaper than producing comedies or dramas. But if we refused to watch this garbage* they woud have no choice but to make decent shows. Seriously people, stop watching this garbage and maybe they'll learn.

* I am proud to say that I do not watch reality TV. If that's the best they've got, then they can keep it and I'll just restrict my viewing to the BBC.

Smile Takeshi's Castle

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    I was about to say, if you're watching MXC, you're watching an inferior Japanese show. Ninja Warrior and Viking (was on ESPN couple years ago, but haven't seen it recently) are awesome. If the game show network could create a second channel for Japanese game shows, I'd be all over that
    Viking was great. Oooh, Ninja Warrior!

The inferiority of MXC was what made it so good. Captain Tenille? Every third contestant named Babagnoosh? Vic Romano? Kenny Blankenship?

I saw the pre-US "Deal or No Deal" 4 years ago when it was on French TV. I still like the French version better than the American one.

Now that I think of it, I'm with you on the game show channel.

Cheers,
    Lavabe