Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Danica Patrick out, she was walking down pit lane like she was going after somebody. Not sure what she was thinking...definitely makes me appreciate TK more.
    I'm not really trying to sound sexist...but I just can't help but wonder if she is a driver or a model http://patdollard.com/wp-content/upl...ca_patrick.jpg?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    I'm not really trying to sound sexist...but I just can't help but wonder if she is a driver or a model http://patdollard.com/wp-content/upl...ca_patrick.jpg?
    Why can't she be both?

FWIW, I've never watched a motorsports event before, but I TiVoed part of this to put a new TV through its paces (this race looks nice at 42" of 1080i). I saw Danica get taken out, and I would be ready to bust some heads if that happened to me.

I missed the actual accident, so don't know if her anger was justified. Sounds like it was. BB, a new motorsports convert if it can be viewed in HD?

If TillyGalore is watching the 600, she must be loving the part where the Busch brothers are fighting it out for the lead...

Hope the Busch loses out & Hendricks newest young gun (with an assist from Johnson perhaps) take it all!
    Jr. Keeps flirting with winning a race, if only he'd ditch Tony Jr!!
    Tonight is his best chance to date, hope he pulls it off. Especially shutting out a Busch!

I missed the actual accident, so don't know if her anger was justified. Sounds like it was. BB, a new motorsports convert if it can be viewed in HD?

If TillyGalore is watching the 600, she must be loving the part where the Busch brothers are fighting it out for the lead...
    I saw the Danica incident, and her anger was justified. After she was hit, she was walking down pit lane with her helmet on, but you could see the fire in her eyes. The head of Indy security and an official intervened and gently moved her off the lane and back to her area. I would not want to mess with her.

Sadly no. I could only watch a minute or so at a time. Just doesn't do it for me.

Golf looks even nicer than racing in HD, and my family is friends of the Pamplings, so I spent most of the afternoon watching his heartbreaking loss to that Mickelson dude.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    The head of Indy security and an official intervened and gently moved her off the lane and back to her area. I would not want to mess with her.
    I saw the security guy, he could have picked her up and stuck her in his jacket pocket. Mad or not, he was like twice her size, now the driver that knocked her out of the race that is another story.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Sadly no. I could only watch a minute or so at a time. Just doesn't do it for me.

Golf looks even nicer than racing in HD, and my family is friends of the Pamplings, so I spent most of the afternoon watching his heartbreaking loss to that Mickelson dude.
    Ahh, I completely missed today's action as I was caught up in auto racing. Which is why I like the Saturday night races, lets me watch other sports on Sunday.

Kasey Kahne with his first win since 2006. Kyle Busch second but things got confusing on the last lap. Still waiting for the official result. With that said, my night stunk. JJ and Paul Menard blew engines. Ever since I sent out the league stuff, my picking has just stunk. Well, honestly I stunk earlier this year too, but have done decently over the years...

My drivers finished 2, 3, and 4. Had another good night.

3 and 5 then 39 and 41

vickers and JJ both went out - yuck.

However, Kasey Kahne won and Kyle Busch came in third so hopefully that saves me.
    My Quick Smells Like French Toast.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Why can't she be both?
    Because one anna kournikova is enough.

Mine came in 2, 7, 9, 12. Also a good night. Best part is that Hendrick did not win.

Has Kasey dethroned Jimmy Johnson as the new King of Lowes?

Because one anna kournikova is enough.
    I don't think one unsuccessful (in competition) attractive female athlete should define the boundaries for future attractive female athletes.

Has Kasey dethroned Jimmy Johnson as the new King of Lowes?
    Ummm, no?

Red face How bizarre, how bizarre!

Ummm, no?
    Kasey's 2nd CocaCola 600. Too bad I went with the other Casey who won a CocaCola 600 (CM finished 29th).

What a bizarro final couple of laps. Smoke comes into the pits w/a flat. Edwards, my choice, was looking for 2nd or 3rd, ran out of gas on turn 3 in the final lap, coasted, and finished 9th. And Jr? How bizarre!

So my Ford picks this week did better than my normal Toyota picks.

Tilly: Umm, not to dismiss your fine performance this week, but Biffle got second (that was my one good pick). It looks like you had 3, 4, 5. VERY good picking by our leader!

I do agree with you. Danica was doing her best Smoke impersonation, and rightfully so. She probably would have had a spot somewhere between 5 and 9 had she continued. She would have killed him, easily.

Danica's modeling/promoting, along with Helio's dancing/promoting, are what's helped out the Indy circuit. Take them out, and there's little buzz.

Meanwhile, Sarah Fischer's hit of Tony Kanaan was just awful. TK hit the wall, and started drifting down. Unfortunately, Fischer couldn't duck lower, and hit him. It really hurts when you run a small team. The economics are such that I'd be surprised if she made it to the next race. TK is probably annoyed with Marco for helping him push up to the wall.

Hey, who's the new person in the fantasy league?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Red face The Apocalypse is near; thank you Jaws

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    However, Kasey Kahne won and Kyle Busch came in third so hopefully that saves me.
    So early on, they say that Kyle had an alternator problem, and probably wouldn't finish.

Yeah, right!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. Jaws playing around with Yao Ming? What's up with THAT!?

He posts around here occasionally, so I will let him introduce himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Danica's modeling/promoting, along with Helio's dancing/promoting, are what's helped out the Indy circuit. Take them out, and there's little buzz.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    That doesn't say much for the athletic competition on the Indy circuit if the female driver has to strip down to get some "buzz"