Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Coca-Cola 600/Indy 500 - Weekend Racing

I may actually watch parts of the 500 since they reunited the two CART/IRL or whatever they were calling them leagues.

I look forward to this Sunday every year. I'll be at my wife's grandmothers house in Kentucky, with a housefull of rednecks (myself included with my Kurt Busch hat on), watching both races from start to finish. It doesn't sound like much, but it really is a pretty good time shooting the bull with them all day watching for the next wreck.

I enjoy the NASCAR but can't take the Indy cars. I'll watch the 600!

Part of me wants Kyle Busch to blow an engine again this week, except that I still have him on my team.

BlueDevilJay - you used to be one of my favorite posters. Now that I know your taste in drivers, I'm not so sure about you .

ANYBODY BUT A BUSCH (ABAB)

Go Jr!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilJay View Post
    I look forward to this Sunday every year. I'll be at my wife's grandmothers house in Kentucky, with a housefull of rednecks (myself included with my Kurt Busch hat on), watching both races from start to finish. It doesn't sound like much, but it really is a pretty good time shooting the bull with them all day watching for the next wreck.
    Looks like the other Bush will be up front on Sunday Busch captures pole

I'm a ROUSH guy myself, so I pull for his cars.

Brian Vickers qualified third, giving Toyota two of the top three spots. Greg Biffle will start fourth, followed by David Ragan and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Looks like we have two in the top 5 with David Ragan starting to come on strong as Mark's replacement.

If you enjoy all forms of motorsports, don't forget about the crown jewel of the Formula 1 season is also on Sunday. The Monaco Grand Prix is on Sunday morning on Speed Channel, it's simply awesome to watch the F1 cars wind through the narrow city streets of Monaco. Plus, it's a great start to the day, with a little break from brunch before the start of the Indy 500, then move on to the Coca-Cola 600 at the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Looks like the other Bush will be up front on Sunday Busch captures pole

I'm a ROUSH guy myself, so I pull for his cars.

Looks like we have two in the top 5 with David Ragan starting to come on strong as Mark's replacement.
    See that was me too, I was a Roush guy, my best friend with Kenseth, and me with Kurt. Im still pissed at him for leaving Roush, but I had to make a decision and I decided I started liking him because of the way he drove (I became a fan during the Craven/Busch battle at Darlington, when Craven won) so I didn't figure that would change just because he changed cars. I do still pull for all the Roush racing team members though, but don't claim any of them as my favorites.

And
    BlueDevilJay - you used to be one of my favorite posters. Now that I know your taste in drivers, I'm not so sure about you.
    Wow...I have a fan? I thought everyone on here hated me (based on the PPB) Come on Tilly, surely I can win back your fan loyalty . I even have a picture of Jr (in car on track) from Martinsville when I was there that I could send you if you PM me an address to send it to. Its not the most high quality picture, but I was down against the fence right on the track, and took it as he was pulling out of the garage area, directly in front of me. (actually on second thought, Ill post it in an album and then put the link here, but you can PM me if you want the full screen version for a wallpaper or something)

Quote Originally Posted by arydolphin View Post
    If you enjoy all forms of motorsports, don't forget about the crown jewel of the Formula 1 season is also on Sunday. The Monaco Grand Prix is on Sunday morning on Speed Channel, it's simply awesome to watch the F1 cars wind through the narrow city streets of Monaco. Plus, it's a great start to the day, with a little break from brunch before the start of the Indy 500, then move on to the Coca-Cola 600 at the end of the day.
    I've watched that race before and find it fascinating as it's done on the streets versus a track. I'll try to catch some of it before and/or after church.

There it is. See, Jr all the way! Jr #1!

As for the Indy, I need to rephrase. We all sit in a room talking with the Indy 500 on the TV but rarely pay attention unless they show Danica Patrick in a bikini or soft core film or something. We are all into it when the 600 comes on though.

S
    Wow...I have a fan? I thought everyone on here hated me (based on the PPB) Come on Tilly, surely I can win back your fan loyalty . I even have a picture of Jr (in car on track) from Martinsville when I was there that I could send you if you PM me an address to send it to. Its not the most high quality picture, but I was down against the fence right on the track, and took it as he was pulling out of the garage area, directly in front of me. (actually on second thought, Ill post it in an album and then put the link here, but you can PM me if you want the full screen version for a wallpaper or something)
    Well, since you're offering up a bribe to win me back, how can I turn you down. But, I still question your ability to pick a driver. Perhaps you route from him as he drives a Duke blue car. If that's the case, well then...

I just want to say that Danica Patrick rules me.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Roush? Yuck!

There it is. See, Jr all the way! Jr #1!

As for the Indy, I need to rephrase. We all sit in a room talking with the Indy 500 on the TV but rarely pay attention unless they show Danica Patrick in a bikini or soft core film or something. We are all into it when the 600 comes on though.
    Actually I'm enjoying his losing streak. Hendrick is my least favorite team. they are the equivalent to UNC to me.

Roush = Ford which equals Found on Roadside Dead...and that is what I predict for Sunday

I have been wrong before though.

Well, since I live near Boston, should I soften my stance since it is now Roush-Fenway Racing?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Roush = Ford which equals Found on Roadside Dead...and that is what I predict for Sunday

I have been wrong before though.

Well, since I live near Boston, should I soften my stance since it is now Roush-Fenway Racing?
    It's a long race. I normally go with Toyota, but 99 may be on my team this weekend. The Casey/Kasey combo figures prominently in this race.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Roush = Ford
    First On Race Day

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    First On Race Day
    First where? To the garage?

BTW I root for Kasey Kahne. Hoping that All Star Race can give him and his team some confidence to move forward the rest of the year.

Well, the appointed day is here...I spend Saturday incognito in the basement of Foxwoods terrorizing other patrons at the 2-4 limit table. But my bank account is thankful for the event. Haven't really come up with a game plan yet on how to handle the day's racing...

After being forced to an outside line that lead to his wrecking, Tony Kanaan was much more polite than I would have been.

Danica Patrick out, she was walking down pit lane like she was going after somebody. Not sure what she was thinking...definitely makes me appreciate TK more.