View Poll Results: Do wish Conway Twitty was not dead anymore?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I wish he was not dead.

13 54.17%
  • No, I'm cool with him being dead (not that I wished it though)

6 25.00%
  • Who is Conway Twitty?

5 20.83%

Thread: Conway Twitty

Conway Twitty

Do you wish Conway Twitty was no longer dead?

I am ambivalent, but will defer to the positive in this poll. I did live next door to Twitty City and across the street from the House of Cash when I resided in Hendersonville, TN.

This is probably the weirdest poll I've seen, but yes...I voted. What does that say about me???

I voted No, and I'm surprised anyone voted Yes.

The question wasn't "Do you wish Conway Twitty had never died?" but rather "Do you wish Conway Twitty was no longer dead?" There's a big difference. Even die-hard fans would have to admit that there's something scary about a suddenly undead Conway Twitty. I mean, that's a no-brainer.

P.S. I've written that name 3 times now and it never ceases to look and sound weird.

Undead entertainers wouldn't be shocking, ever since Milli Vanilli its been obvious many of them are just mailing it in...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I am ambivalent, but will defer to the positive in this poll. I did live next door to Twitty City and across the street from the House of Cash when I resided in Hendersonville, TN.
    Were you living there when Cash was living there? My mom also lived in Hendersonville, TN and right down the street from Johnny Cash. She used to go trick-or-treating at his house and he would hand out the candy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post

The question wasn't "Do you wish Conway Twitty had never died?" but rather "Do you wish Conway Twitty was no longer dead?" There's a big difference. Even die-hard fans would have to admit that there's something scary about a suddenly undead Conway Twitty. I mean, that's a no-brainer.
    I agree. Our fear of zombie country singers is skewing the poll. EarlJam, can you re-phrase and clarify your intent?

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I agree. Our fear of zombie country singers is skewing the poll. EarlJam, can you re-phrase and clarify your intent?
    Well, basically, I have inside information that Conway Twitty is not really dead at all. He's living on a ranch in a location that shall remain un-named. Word has it that he's thinking of making a grand comeback in 2009.

So for those of you (and me) that wish Conway were not dead, it may very well become a reality.

Yes, the question is a bit misleading. It suggests that Conway is currently dead. Alas, he is not dead, but most people think he is dead, hence I wrote the question as if he were dead.

By the way, I always thought it would be cool to start a Conway Twitty cover band. We'd always play shirtless, exposing our nipples. The band name would be "Conway's Titties."

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

By the way, I always thought it would be cool to start a Conway Twitty cover band. We'd always play shirtless, exposing our nipples. The band name would be "Conway's Titties."

-EJ
    A conversation that took place at the Braves game that is so appropriate right now.

Supadave: "I don't post a lot because I believe in quality over quantity."
    EarlJam: "I don't!"

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    A conversation that took place at the Braves game that is so appropriate right now.

You're just ticked off because I whipped you in fantasy baseball last week and now you're...oh.......wait. Nevermind.

Crap.

-EJ

Yeah, but I was on the other side of the little peninsula and never saw him. Now, Alice Cooper, I bagged his groceries a few times as a kid...

Oh, that just sounds wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Well, basically, I have inside information that Conway Twitty is not really dead at all. He's living on a ranch in a location that shall remain un-named. Word has it that he's thinking of making a grand comeback in 2009.

So for those of you (and me) that wish Conway were not dead, it may very well become a reality.

Yes, the question is a bit misleading. It suggests that Conway is currently dead. Alas, he is not dead, but most people think he is dead, hence I wrote the question as if he were dead.

-EJ
    Changing the subject ever so slightly. It was hilarious last night, watching David Letterman interview one of the Sex and the City's actors and make the Freudian slip saying "Sex and the Titty". It was completely unplanned and I've never seen Dave turn so red and embarrassed. He quickly changed the subject to the actor's humanitarian efforts in Africa and only later came back to talk about the new SATC movie.
    ~rthomas

heh...Conway

Nerver met the man but I do have a semi related story...

My brother and I were on the family trip to N. Myrtle Beach. I dont think we were driving yet. Anthony Michael Hall and John Cusak as teenagers on a beach trip with the parents... that should paint a picture and tell you the decade.. anyway.. we were walking to one of the piers looking for other kids to stare are and posture for... when we wound a group and started talking to them... Bro brought along his over the shoulder boom box, the perfect accessory.. (which was all the rage at the time..)

We we were having a decent time yukking it up and getting flirty with some of the girls... when some body decides to press "play" of course it was Mr Hello Darling himself... talk about throwing a bucket of cold water on your "cool factor"... there was no recovery.

Alabama... maybe... Cash, Hank Williams Jr would have definately made the saving throw... but CONWAY... the charade of coolness was over and dead.

fun times.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, but I was on the other side of the little peninsula and never saw him. Now, Alice Cooper, I bagged his groceries a few times as a kid...

Oh, that just sounds wrong.
    You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant. Excepting Alice! Walk right in, it's around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track . . .

P.S. Curiously, the spell check suggests "Motherer" for "YmoBeThere".

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post

Truer words have never been spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    P.S. Curiously, the spell check suggests "Motherer" for "YmoBeThere".
    Hmmm, doesn't describe me at all...and I have been to AC's restaurant. We were headed to the BOB. Do they still call it that? Or is it Chase Field or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken.
    Yes, EarlJam ALWAYS speaks the TRUTH, you nilly-lilly arm-pit licking, fingle-doonging, fong-tater!

-EarlJam