Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Old men school young upstart.

it's hard to help your team when you are fouled out on the bench...i guess those old spurs really ARE that good...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    it's hard to help your team when you are fouled out on the bench...i guess those old spurs really ARE that good...
    I hate the Spurs so much.

The league office is inching closer to panic mode. They have a ratings darling fighting with a ratings nightmare as far as finals matchups go - the gulf between the likely viewer turnout for Lakers-Celtics and Spurs-Pistons is enormous.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I don't remember the exact play-by-play, but I'm pretty sure the game was about over when Paul fouled out.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I hate the Spurs so much.
    You went to Spurs U. You hate A&M.

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    The league office is inching closer to panic mode. They have a ratings darling fighting with a ratings nightmare as far as finals matchups go - the gulf between the likely viewer turnout for Lakers-Celtics and Spurs-Pistons is enormous.
    They'll fix it before they panic.

Dont worry! There's always The Stern Button to save the day...

yeah, i wouldn't worry about it...it has been decreed, CELTS V LAKERS...

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...rn-button.html

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    I don't remember the exact play-by-play, but I'm pretty sure the game was about over when Paul fouled out.
    You are correct. It was "foul and pray" time for the Hornets when Paul committed his sixth foul. There were 25 seconds to go and the Hornets were down by seven, and the Spurs had the ball. It would have taken an Reggie Miller-esque miracle for them to come back, even with Paul on the floor.

Now, if you want to talk about where Paul was in the third quarter (4 pts, 0 assists) when the team fell way behind, that's something to discuss. I think the strange thing was that the Hornets big comeback was largely fueled by Jannero Pargo, while the stars (Paul and West) had fairly quiet second halves.

yeah, i wouldn't worry about it...it has been decreed, CELTS V LAKERS...

http://basketbawful.blogspot.com/200...rn-button.html
    I think it's going to be Lakers/Pistons personally. The Celtics have looked really bad so far in the playoffs. They've been fortunate to play two opponents who just didn't have the experience or the firepower to beat them in Boston. Detroit can match up well with Boston's big three (Prince can handle Pierce, Hamilton is better than Allen, and Wallace can compete with Garnett), they have the advantage at PG, and they may have an edge in bench depth.

Pistons/Celtics

This matchup has me salivating for one huge reason:

Will KG continue his punk/thug ways and push Sheed completely over the edge of sanity?

Should be classic!

Otherwise, I hope Detroit crushes them mercilessly.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post

Will KG continue his punk/thug ways and push Sheed completely over the edge of sanity?

uhhh...sheed is way past that already...

Otherwise, I hope Detroit crushes them mercilessly.

and vice versa

KG? punk? thug? Did I miss something during the season or in the playoffs? I would never have associated KG with those words...

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    KG? punk? thug? Did I miss something during the season or in the playoffs? I would never have associated KG with those words...

that's just a piston's fan showing his colors...

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I think it's going to be Lakers/Pistons personally. The Celtics have looked really bad so far in the playoffs. They've been fortunate to play two opponents who just didn't have the experience or the firepower to beat them in Boston. Detroit can match up well with Boston's big three (Prince can handle Pierce, Hamilton is better than Allen, and Wallace can compete with Garnett), they have the advantage at PG, and they may have an edge in bench depth.
    Now here's a smart fellow making a very intelligent comment. And while I disagree with another poster who accused KG of being a punk, I imagine KG will be hoping to rely more on his own scoring that Paul Pierce's!

Piston fan colors? Well...those would be red, white and blue.
    Let's GO 'STONS!!!!!

Nope

Not a Pistons fan at all. I mentioned Sheed because he's a major-league head case and I love seeing him self-destruct.

Like most of the rest of America, I've always bought into the media hype of KG as a great warrior stuck on a crappy team. But having really seen him for the first time during the playoffs, I'm disappointed that he's so over the top.

Talking s#*t CONSTANTLY, engaging in the occasional cheap shot and his ridiculously punk habit of swatting away every shot taken after the whistle have killed all the potential goodwill I had for him.

I hope he never wins a championship.

Now, if you're a Celtics fan, go ahead and slurp it up and buy yourself a #5 jersey. Whatever gets you through the day.

what's a piston's fan? sounds weird.

I hate kobe cause he dissed philly back in the day in the media, so screw him. The spurs are tough to watch, but they do it right and tim duncan is a great guy, so I'm pulling for Spurs v Celtics, though my "objective prediction" is actually Lakers v Pistons...

Talking s#*t CONSTANTLY, engaging in the occasional cheap shot and his ridiculously punk habit of swatting away every shot taken after the whistle have killed all the potential goodwill I had for him.
    I actually love that he swats shots after the whistle. I hate it when players take shots after the whistle. I mean, I don't really mind that much, but I certainly don't like it, and if he wants to swat them away, I'll laugh along every time. Heck, I'd do it in a game too.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I actually love that he swats shots after the whistle. I hate it when players take shots after the whistle. I mean, I don't really mind that much, but I certainly don't like it, and if he wants to swat them away, I'll laugh along every time. Heck, I'd do it in a game too.
    Last week I played pickup with a kid who always shot jumpers after a stoppage. It really started to slow our game down too. It's bush-league, and if I could jump that high I'd start swatting them away.

Duncan is a good guy but he thinks he never fouls. Ginobli travels constantly but its never called. NBA refs definitely give the Spurs the benefit of the doubt.Bruce Bowen gets away with a ridiculous amount of contact. I hope the Lakers smoke them. Gasol matches up well with Duncan. Kobe can definitely stop Ginobli. Parker has advantage over the Laker guards. If Odom steps up, Lakers in 7.