Thread: Subject3

Post Subject3

Hello

I want to all of you know, World is mine, and yoursite good

G'night

Question Say what?

GramBorder,

We are glad you like the site. We are having problems with SPAM. Because of the SPAM problem we tend to be wary of new people. Do you come in peace?

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    I come to kick *** and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum...

Exclamation Be Careful

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    We might now start getting SPAM with links to the best one hundred sites from which to order bubble gum online.

Quote Originally Posted by GramBorder View Post
    Hello

I want to all of you know, World is mine, and yoursite good

G'night
    It is clear to me that he is a Scarface fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    The line is actually, "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ***... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Can you name the movie?

-Jason "if you want a hit, the film starred Rowdy Roddy Piper -- does that help?" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The line is actually, "I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ***... and I'm all out of bubblegum."

Can you name the movie?

-Jason "if you want a hit, the film starred Rowdy Roddy Piper -- does that help?" Evans
    It was that alien-seeing sunglasses movie, wasn't it?

Exiled

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Can you name the movie?

It was They Live...here's a link to more quotes from the movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096256/quotes

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Dang, should have looked it up first, as I suspected I'd get it slightly wrong...

Of course, I also could have wondered if in fact, based on the question, it was Jay Bilas coming to our boards. Because we all know that Jay is most known for I Come in Peace

The Wiki page on They Live contains some great trivia about the famous quote:

The memorable and oft-quoted line, "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick *** ...and I'm all out of bubblegum," was ad-libbed by Rowdy Roddy Piper.

Psytrance artist Monastic Squid uses a sample of this line in his track "Bubblegum and kick ***".

In one episode of Will and Grace, Grace's character recites the line word-for-word when she and the character Jack are facing off.

In the David Mamet film Spartan, a drill sergeant berates his trainees: "All I have for you is a stiff d**k and bubblegum and guess what? I'm all out of bubblegum."

In the popular FPS game Duke Nukem 3D, Duke says "it's time to kick *** and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum."

The film Dazed and Confused features the quote "I came here to drink some beers and kick some ***, looks like we're all out of beer."

In the short story "The Moving Finger" by Stephen King, Howard Milta says "I'M READY FOR YOU, MY FRIEND. I'M COMING TO KICK *** AND CHEW BUBBLEGUM, AND I'M ALL OUT OF BUBBLEGUM!"

The short story "The Ten O'Clock People" by Stephen King was very loosely based on They Live, featuring such elements as being able to see the aliens, and a meeting where the resistance is attacked by the creatures.

In one episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000, host Mike Nelson jokes "I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ***... and I'm all out of ***." Also, in another episode, Santa makes a guest appearance and quips "I'm here to chew candy canes and kick ***, and I'm all out of candy canes."

The Grindcore / Electronic band; Dr. Acula, included the sample "I have come here to chew bubblegum, and kick ***. And I'm all out of bubblegum." in their song 'Piano Lessons Can Be Murder'.

-Jason "I hope the curse words in this post are **** out by the automatic filter" Evans

Who said this line "We are in the business of kicking butt. And business is very, very good."

Not from a movie.