Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: USC in trouble

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke should bring that kid in. Yes, I am serious.

--Jason "Tommy Bowden is scum for doing this-- and he is an idiot too, the negative PR is huge" Evans
    Do you mean bringing Ray Ray in to work with the football team? Tommy Bowden is an idiot and the negative PR is bad. It's probably worse than having a mediocre football team that underachieves every year.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Duke should bring that kid in. Yes, I am serious.

--Jason "Tommy Bowden is scum for doing this-- and he is an idiot too, the negative PR is huge" Evans
    While Clemson handled the PR poorly in this instance, I don't think that you're giving them enough credit here.

First off, Clemson offered Ray Ray an academic scholarship to complete his degree at Clemson. They committed to paying for two additional years of school, if that much time was necessary for him to graduate. Additionally, they also made a commitment to him that they would hire him as a graduate assistant in the athletic dept.

The Clemson coaches made it clear to Ray Ray that he would be a 4th or 5th string running back on the team, and the odds were pretty much zero that he would see playing time. He wanted to receive a football scholarship and play football, so he chose to leave instead.

Clemson doesn't have a history of running off players who don't succeed, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

replies

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Ding ding ding. Also, my trolling for replies to my posts worked
    You should be "trolling" for more posts of your own. You are almost at 1500 which puts you on the DBR All ACC 3rd team. Come join us. It is a very small, undistinguished group (speaking for myself) right now and we are looking for new teammates.