Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's lax

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    probably the first time anything but a national title game has resulted in a lax highlight on HLN.
    . . . Aside from the obvious.

Vs. OSU Saturday, May 17th at noon

Just a friendly reminder that the men's lax team plays tomorrow at noon versus OSU. The game will be televised on ESPNU. Apologies to those who don't have ESPNU, please don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Just a friendly reminder that the men's lax team plays tomorrow at noon versus OSU. The game will be televised on ESPNU. Apologies to those who don't have ESPNU, please don't shoot the messenger.
    Day correction: The men play Sunday at noon.

The women play against Maryland on Saturday at 1pm eastern. I don't think it is on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Day correction: The men play Sunday at noon.

The women play against Maryland on Saturday at 1pm eastern. I don't think it is on TV.
    Thanks for setting us (me) straight!

Thanks for setting us (me) straight!
    I wish it were Saturday. With the game starting at 11am my time and chairing a meeting at 11:45, I'm going to miss most of the game and have no way to record it as I'm still in the VHS dark ages.

I wish it were Saturday. With the game starting at 11am my time and chairing a meeting at 11:45, I'm going to miss most of the game and have no way to record it as I'm still in the VHS dark ages.
    Isn't one of the initial strengths of the VCR the ability to record?

FWIW, my take on Sunday's game from someone who has followed both of these teams to a certain extent this season.

Ohio State is a very good offensive team, but they can be shut down by a hot goalie and solid defense (see: conference championship game when they lost 9-2 to Notre Dame). Cornell's goaltending was atrocious last weekend and, to their credit, Ohio State took advantage of that.

The problem for the Buckeyes is that Duke is the most complete team in the country. We can slow down and play a possession game and win 9-6 on the strength of smart offense and top-notch defense. But, if need be, the Devils can run and gun with anyone in the country.

If I were OSU, I'd want to slow the game down even if it meant playing against type. The Buckeye defense is not all that strong, and they want to limit Duke's possessions. The problem with this is that Ohio State is not good on the faceoff (something Duke is very strong at), and so they have to run in order to make up for this deficiency.

At the end of the day, if you give Duke a lot of possessions, they'll kill you. To beat Duke you need to win faceoffs and play good defense--OSU doesn't do either particularly well. IMHO, as long as Duke shows up and plays well, they win by a fair amount. I'll say 17-12 Devils.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Isn't one of the initial strengths of the VCR the ability to record?
    Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get it to tape channel 203 but I'm working on it. (The VCR only goes to channel 99.)

Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to get it to tape channel 203 but I'm working on it. (The VCR only goes to channel 99.)
    Wire to record from the TV and record on Channel 2 or 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Wire to record from the TV and record on Channel 2 or 3!
    TV only goes to 125 and the HDTV Cable convert box doesn't have a cable out for coaxial connection to vcr. Red,white, & yellow connections don't work either. This will teach me not to upgrade my equipment.

TV only goes to 125 and the HDTV Cable convert box doesn't have a cable out for coaxial connection to vcr. Red,white, & yellow connections don't work either. This will teach me not to upgrade my equipment.
    But channel 2 and channel 3 are less than 125. Look at your owner's manual and there should be an example of how to record whatever the TV is showing.

What's up with OSU? Just heard they had a bit of a pre-game thrown down with Duke.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!

What's up with OSU? Just heard they had a bit of a pre-game thrown down with Duke.

LET'S GO DUKE!!!
    A very stupid decision by the Buckeyes. Just a little too excited for the big time, and incapable of handling itself accordingly.

Duke is running away with it, 9-1 after the first quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    A very stupid decision by the Buckeyes. Just a little too excited for the big time, and incapable of handling itself accordingly.

Duke is running away with it, 9-1 after the first quarter.
    I'm watching and am loving that Duke is beating the heck out of OSU. Serves OSU right for trying to stir things up.

Really, I'm not a vengeful person. Okay, maybe a little.

I know we shouldn't look past OSU, but Duke is up 12-3 so I'm feeling good about advancing.

Anyway, is anyone else really worried about facing Hopkins? They underachieved all year and of course they're playing well now. If any team can beat Duke, it's Hopkins. Especially considering we haven't been able to beat them in the postseason over the past few years.

Would like to hear some words of encouragement... I saw Duke lose the championship last year in person and would really hate it if they went down to JHU again.

Duke is up at the half, 12-3.

Does Duke get an allotment of tickets for the final four like they do with B-Ball? Or do I need to buy tickets online through the general site?

Thanks,
    -Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole Way View Post
    I know we shouldn't look past OSU, but Duke is up 12-3 so I'm feeling good about advancing.

Anyway, is anyone else really worried about facing Hopkins? They underachieved all year and of course they're playing well now. If any team can beat Duke, it's Hopkins. Especially considering we haven't been able to beat them in the postseason over the past few years.

Would like to hear some words of encouragement... I saw Duke lose the championship last year in person and would really hate it if they went down to JHU again.

Duke beat Hopkins convincingly earlier this year. I have to say, I'm glad we'll be playing them. Nothing better than beating the team that beat you in the championship twice.

A Friendly Reminder

Thirty minutes is a long time, and the weauxf gods might not take kindly to a sudden spike in traffic on StubHub and Travelocity before the game ends.

Video

For those of us without ESPNU, Can anyone link some video to the pre-game incident on YouTube or somewhere else?

Tchoup.