The Parcell's quote is spot on. Sure you can take solace in certain losses and be dismayed by certain wins, but when it comes down to it, there is no shoulda, woulda, coulda about your final record (unless you are an OU football player in Eugene last fall).

This team struggled to close and to come back and it is reflected in their record and how they lost half of their games. Instead of looking at games where we won or lost by less than 5 points, look at the number of games we lost where we had 10 point leads or more. (Ummmm... UVa, FSU, NC State, VCU, Kerlina). How many games did we win when we were down 10? I can't think of one, although there may have been one or 2.

This was the team's identity this year. They will work on it in the summer, sure, but I think a lot of it is in between their ears. If they have the talent to get up by 10, they have the talent to do it again and get up by 20, or at least stay up by 10. They've shown the bursts this year, but nearly always reverted into the same patterns on O and D that allowed teams to make roaring comebacks.

I think some attitude will help. I think another year will help. I think the freshmen will help. But this team should come back next year angry. Everyone (except perhaps McRoberts) will be back. They'll have all experienced the embarassment of losing in the first round, and they should be... to a man... pissed off and take that out on everyone they face next year. Let's put the fear back in the other team. I really hated seeing it for the first time in our team this year.