Don't think it would happen but...

what about Jeff Capel coming back to duke to coach along side K. I have thought for a while now that he would be a great candidate to replace K once he retires. He did an amazing job at VCU while he was there and while he had a rough first season at Oklahoma, he turned it around this year and got them back to the NCAA tourney.

However him staying at Oklahoma might be better in the long run, as he would be able to build up his own program before maybe returning to Duke.

I just thought it was interesting to potentially think about

Why would he give up a head coaching job..one in which he is making great strides and just received a huge raise based on the quality of his work and their desire to keep him...to come back as an assistant?

No offense, but this makes no sense on any level...

Thats why i said him staying at Oklahoma would maybe be better in the long run. i just thought it was interesting to think about, as we are now in the need of a new assistant coach. Having a great assistant coach is one of the most important things in a basketball program and i am not sold that Wojo or Collins would be able to fill in that role right now.

It was just a thought, this programs needs a new change i just thought it would be fun to think about it. And plus who wouldn't want to see him on our bench.

Maybe we should offer Shane Battier the assistant job while were at it...

Mike Jarvis, a long time friend of coach K might also be a good choice.

What about naming Red Auerbach's body as an assistant? After all, he did coach some decent big men in his time on earth...

Quote Originally Posted by bdh21 View Post
    What about naming Red Auerbach's body as an assistant? After all, he did coach some decent big men in his time on earth...

Bwahahahahahahhhh

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    This thread has served its purpose.

CLOSED.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”