Thread: I just wish...

I just wish...

Hi,

I wish that the Duke Nation felt half as bad about what is going on with Duke football as they do about the basketball team. If we had more people who cared this mess we have in football might never have gotten to this point. I am ever hopeful, but also a realist and next season I think will be considered a "success" by some people with 4 wins and that is pathetic. If were the AD I would want at least a 6 win campaign or Roof would be out on his ear.

GO DUKE FOOTBALL!

To Kewlswim

If you had been AD for the past decade, we might have won some football games each year (and maybe more than 4 on occasion).

I wouldn't say 6 if I were the AD, but no less than 4 next year and 6 the year after. I love Duke football and get season tickets each year. I think we've settled too much in the past and now that Wake has done it, the small private school argument doesn't hold any water at all anymore.

If we don't get 4 next year, then Roof is probably gone.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Why thank you kind poster...

Quote Originally Posted by firealleva View Post
    If you had been AD for the past decade, we might have won some football games each year (and maybe more than 4 on occasion).
    Hi,

If I had been AD we probably would have a coach from Boise State, before Boise State was so nationally recognized, at the helm. I actually told someone on the search committe to get Coach Hawkins, well before he went from BSU to Colorado, when we were "looking" for a new coach although the decision seemed to have been made without much of a search. So why have a search committee? So we could annoit Roof? If I were AD I would have tried to get the guy who is now the coach at BSU, I KID YOU NOT, I would have moved heaven and earth to get him because Coach Hawkins probably would not have come, but Petterson the current coach very well might have. I feel one needs to have a big, fat offensive playbook and creativity to be a head coach at a school like Duke. A little chip on the shoulder and some good old fashioned discipline (how many fall starts does this team have per game?) wouldn't hurt either.

GO DUKE!

Arrow 4, possible 3

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    I wouldn't say 6 if I were the AD, but no less than 4 next year and 6 the year after. I love Duke football and get season tickets each year. I think we've settled too much in the past and now that Wake has done it, the small private school argument doesn't hold any water at all anymore.

If we don't get 4 next year, then Roof is probably gone.
    My magic number for Ted Roof to keep his job is 4 wins next season. If we win only 3, there better be extenuating circumstances like a lot of very close competitive losses to better teams. Less than 3 and he's calling his real estate agent.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

agreed... any less than 4 will have to be last second kicks or something freaky in one or two games (at most). 1 or 2 wins shouldn't cut it.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC