Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Thanks Weezie. I'll tell my mom that you liked it!

Since someone has asked, I'll copy the recipe here. Oh, this is for beef brisket, just to eliminate any question about that. I find it funny that it is on the main board in the Duke-Kentucky thread.
    Why is that, OZ? I think beef brisket has been discussed in the Duke vs Kentucky thread before.

Mr. Bill

IT'S ALIVE! IT'S ALIVE! (What have I done?)

ricks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It's not mine, it is my mother's recipe. And it's not so much in the super secret ingredient (onion soup), but the cooking, cooling and reheating that is the secret to great brisket. And leftovers, if there are any, are great the next day (even for lunch in a sandwhich, just nuke it first!)
    For the longest time, I mangled brisket until my mom said pretty much the same thing: let it sit in the fridge overnight. Works like a charm.

While here in Georgia, I have taken advantage of the Vidalia onions. They work very nicely with brisket. Never tried Lipton's... I like the Vidalias instead (and if DevilAlumna is around, I'd go with Walla Wallas).

To each his own ... but keep it in the fridge overnight!!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Duke vs Kentucky

Hillary last night speaking in Raleigh:

ON BARBECUE: "I've been all across this state -- listening, talking to you, and yes, eating a little barbecue from time to time. The only issue I won't take a position on in this race is whether I prefer east or west. Some issues are just too controversial."

How wishy-washy is that? No way, I'm voting for someone who can't make up their mind on something so basic and fundamental as barbecue.
    ~rthomas

Eastern NC barbecue for me...has any candidate committed yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    Hillary last night speaking in Raleigh:

ON BARBECUE: "I've been all across this state -- listening, talking to you, and yes, eating a little barbecue from time to time. The only issue I won't take a position on in this race is whether I prefer east or west. Some issues are just too controversial."

How wishy-washy is that? No way, I'm voting for someone who can't make up their mind on something so basic and fundamental as barbecue.
    Customarily, BBQ discussions belong on the main board, but Clinton's weak statement on BBQ puts your post properly in the public policy category. It shows how much she is out of touch with things. Good call, rt.

She probably thinks Texas Pete is from Texas. Shameful.

Duke vs. Kentucky

Poll skewing time.

Vote early, vote often

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/food/...3/?show_poll=1

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Poll skewing time.

Vote early, vote often

http://www.wral.com/lifestyles/food/...3/?show_poll=1
    How can they not include Ed Mithchel's Pit Master in Raleigh? All those folks voting for Parker's don't know what good is.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Parker's is good, but Holt Lake BBQ in Smithfield is the best.

Q

Quote Originally Posted by toughbuff1 View Post
    Parker's is good, but Holt Lake BBQ in Smithfield is the best.
    How about it, Ozzie, have you heard of this place?

Allen & Son only registering 1%? Heathens.

Parker's isn't even the best Q in Wilson. (Bill's is).

We recently discovered Allen & Son and are in love. Guess I'll have to try a few of these others. Looks like Hog Heaven is doing well, and by their menu, appear to be cheaper than Allen & Son (my only complaint there is the prices).

Anybody been to C & A's in Sunbury? I'm heading to OBX Sunday and may detour that direction to load up for the week. Any other recommendations for extreme NE NC? Any decent 'Cue places on OBX?

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    We recently discovered Allen & Son and are in love. Guess I'll have to try a few of these others. Looks like Hog Heaven is doing well, and by their menu, appear to be cheaper than Allen & Son (my only complaint there is the prices).
    Allen & Son have three locations: Chapel Hill, Pittsboro and Graham.

This site reviews BBQ restaurants.

Thumbs up Bar-BQ

I live in Lexington, NC and we have to best Bar BQ in the World!!!!!

Contest for third place

Sorry, fellas, the best barbecue is from Kansas City and second best is from Memphis. This hard for me to say being NC born and raised, but it's the truth. Worst is Texas.

Q

Quote Originally Posted by DukeUsul View Post
    Haven't been to Allen and Son recently but it is pit cooked daily over wood so I imagine that is part of the extra cost and it is REALLY good.

Q

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Anybody been to C & A's in Sunbury? I'm heading to OBX Sunday and may detour that direction to load up for the week. Any other recommendations for extreme NE NC? Any decent 'Cue places on OBX?
    Hey, Chuck,

No knowledge about C&A's but the Skylight Inn in Ayden, NC has had rave reviews for years. You will have to look that one up as we have never been there but several reviewers I have read over the years have said it is well worth a trip out of the way to purchase some Q. There's always a SCNB somewhere (that's Smithfield Chicken and Barbecue) nearby in eastern NC. Don't know about the OBZ and Q. Have a great trip and hit a few in the ocean for me.