Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Ycch, Beer!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer-fiery taste; burned all the way down; undrinkable
    I recently tried the Cave Creek Chili Beer because a relative saw it and wanted someone to try it. I did not have high expectations, so I spit it with a friend who had heard of it as one of the worst beers in the country. There was little to no taste of beer, only the pepper flavor. It tasted like watered-down tabasco. I was proud that we both were able to get four or five sips down before we dumped the rest.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilBen02 View Post
    I did not have high expectations, so I spit it with a friend who had heard of it as one of the worst beers in the country.
    I am laughing so hard right now.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I recently tried the Cave Creek Chili Beer because a relative saw it and wanted someone to try it. I did not have high expectations, so I spit it with a friend who had heard of it as one of the worst beers in the country. There was little to no taste of beer, only the pepper flavor. It tasted like watered-down tabasco. I was proud that we both were able to get four or five sips down before we dumped the rest.
    One of the better typos of all time. Or was it a typo?

"spit it with a friend"-LMAO

I recently tried the Cave Creek Chili Beer because a relative saw it and wanted someone to try it.
    That should have been a sign...

Talking Spit-take

I recently tried the Cave Creek Chili Beer because a relative saw it and wanted someone to try it.
    Was the relative a Twerp or Hole? If so, that should have been the first clue.

Life's too short to drink bad beers.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Was the relative a Twerp or Hole? If so, that should have been the first clue.

Life's too short to drink bad beers.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Hey, where have I heard that before?

There's no such thing as bad beer. I humbly request that this thread be locked!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymax View Post
    Hey now, there are some of us that think that all beer is bad and that cocktails are good!

Wine isn't so bad either.

Champagne... mmmmmmm.

Yes, there is. Trust me. You haven't had Ed's Cave Creek Chili Beer. It's bad. Undrinkably bad.

Smile

IMHO, Keystone Light, Bud Ice Light, and of course, Genny Cream.

OTOH, not all bad beer names convey truly bad brews. In the last year I tried one that is named after equines, but I can't give you the full name (in fear of infraction points). It was a surprisingly good beer.

No dd, it wasn't the one from the Mishawaka Brewing Company.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

IMHO, Keystone Light, Bud Ice Light, and of course, Genny Cream.

OTOH, not all bad beer names convey truly bad brews. In the last year I tried one that is named after equines, but I can't give you the full name (in fear of infraction points). It was a surprisingly good beer.

No dd, it wasn't the one from the Mishawaka Brewing Company.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Hmm, named after equines...

Did you really find a beer named Horse P!$$?.

Hmm, named after equines...
    As I said, I wasn't risking infraction points.

Hey! Go take your beer talk elsewhere, like the BEER thread. :P

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Hey! Go take your beer talk elsewhere, like the BEER thread. :P
    Umm, this IS one of the TWO BEER threads.

Perhaps we need a third beer thread just for lagers!

Umm, this IS one of the TWO BEER threads.

Perhaps we need a third beer thread just for lagers!
    RMD did suggest another tournament with 32 teams for lagers. There actually some very good lagers made and they are enjoyable summer beers. They would fit on either thread depending on they taste/reviewers preference.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Oregon Beer Tax -- facing 1900% increase

Found this today, at first I was thinking it would suck for the Oregon beer drinkers, but it would actually suck for anyone who drinks beer FROM Oregon. the increase would affect all breweries in the state, and of course they would have to pass on that increase to the drinkers, no matter where they live.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Found this today, at first I was thinking it would suck for the Oregon beer drinkers, but it would actually suck for anyone who drinks beer FROM Oregon. the increase would affect all breweries in the state, and of course they would have to pass on that increase to the drinkers, no matter where they live.
    That works out to 1.2 cents per ounce. So, the beer industry rep who said that it would raise the cost of a pint of beer from $4.50 to $6.00 must have been concuming too much product!

Ahh, no action here for over 2 months but I have a nominee: Michelob Ultra Lime Cactus

Left in the 'fridge in my office by a patient who was cleaning out their 'fridge after a party about 4 weeks ago. I still like the guy as he left a few good ones and some Yuenglings which were consumed by some friends/neighbors during a reception we had after my dad's funeral. I could not get any one to drink/take the 2 Ultras and now I know why. This is truly a forgettable beer. Very light in color and body as it is a light beer with natural flavors. The lime is barely noticeable but it does kinda taste like Kool Aid and there is no cactus flavor, but I must admit, I'm not sure what that would be anyway. I'm not sure they used any hops at all in the brewing process and I'd guess the IBU to be close to (or less than) zero. ABV is 4.2% so you could drink a handful of these in the course of an evening, if you wished to subject yourself to such swill, and still have little sensation of having had any beer to drink. I have another flavor just begging to be sucked down and reviewed. I think I'll wash the taste of this one away with an Old Dominion Porter, courtesy of clbunchanumbers from the Spring Brunchgate.

Another dog here: Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. Once again, a leftove no one wanted from a reception several weeks ago. A light beer with flavors is what the label says. More like orange-grapefruit Kool Aid. Little head, rather flat. Next to no hop palate or malty sweetness. Another forgettable beverage. ABV=4.2%.

Another dog here: Michelob Ultra Tuscan Orange Grapefruit. Once again, a leftove no one wanted from a reception several weeks ago. A light beer with flavors is what the label says. More like orange-grapefruit Kool Aid. Little head, rather flat. Next to no hop palate or malty sweetness. Another forgettable beverage. ABV=4.2%.
    Jeez! Give it to Mikey. You're willing to try most anything DD. Ain't 'cha?