Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ycch, Beer!

beer

I must admit I have drank many a rolling rock.

Quote Originally Posted by fadero View Post
    I must admit to having one last fall on vacation - brought back memories of summer before 5th grade and drinking cold beer with my hippie cousin.

(Yes you read that right - I was a lush at a young age! )

ycch, beer

Any one out there have the courage(?), or lack of common sense might be a better description, to try a Miller Chili?

Oh dear god, man, do you honestly have such a low opinion of us DBR OT Denizens?!?

Quote Originally Posted by fadero View Post
    As have I -- Satisfaction's used to have Monday night $3 RR pitchers and ten-cent wings; I ate & drank my fill for $5. Didn't make it good beer, just cheap and plentiful (which, when you're a poor student, I guess by definition makes it a good beer.)

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Any one out there have the courage(?), or lack of common sense might be a better description, to try a Miller Chili?
    I got suckered by the marketing when Chill first came out. It wasn't as bad as it sounds, but I couldn't drink more than one or two in a sitting. Of course, I don't mind the occasional fruit slice in my beer and I even remember liking Tequiza (although I haven't had one in a while).
    Pratt '02, Law '06

Bud Lignt Lime

Forced to drink one by someone who swore it was great. Tastes like a sprite with a hint of alcohol. Not a beer, more like a malt beverage along the lines of Zima.

I did use a cup of it to boil some shrimp and they were delicious!

ycch, beer

Quote Originally Posted by devilish View Post
    Forced to drink one by someone who swore it was great. Tastes like a sprite with a hint of alcohol. Not a beer, more like a malt beverage along the lines of Zima.

I did use a cup of it to boil some shrimp and they were delicious!
    Now you can try some of the bud/bud light clamato

Devildeac owns this thread too...perhaps he has a beer obsession?

ycch, beer

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Devildeac owns this thread too...perhaps he has a beer obsession?
    yea, but not with the same %age of posts (though that %age just rose with this post).

just trying to help keep folks from drinking bad beer

Thumbs down Kentucky Ale Light

Not as bad as the memory of Genny Cream, but on a par with Bud Ice Light.

Ycch, Beer:

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Not as bad as the memory of Genny Cream, but on a par with Bud Ice Light.

Ycch, Beer:
    You actually drank a light beer? Musta been free...

You actually drank a light beer? Musta been free...
    Let's talk about embarrassing. We hosted a dealer appreciation cocktail hour in our booth after the show one night. At first I was really excited only to find out the beer choices were Bud and Bud Light. The wine choices were much worse so I had to drink some Ycchy Beer. Though after a grueling few days on the show floor, about 12 hours of sleep in 4 days, an ice cold Bud did the trick. There I said it. Please destroy this post.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Let's talk about embarrassing. We hosted a dealer appreciation cocktail hour in our booth after the show one night. At first I was really excited only to find out the beer choices were Bud and Bud Light. The wine choices were much worse so I had to drink some Ycchy Beer. Though after a grueling few days on the show floor, about 12 hours of sleep in 4 days, an ice cold Bud did the trick. There I said it. Please destroy this post.
    Look at the bright side. You didn't have a Stroh's or Keystone.

They still exist?

True that! Or maybe even Old Style given our location.

They still exist?
    I've seen a few of them collecting dust in the back of random market.

True that! Or maybe even Old Style given our location.

I've seen a few of them collecting dust in the back of random market.
    I'd bet they'd be even tastier after that much aging.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    an ice cold Bud did the trick. There I said it. Please destroy this post.
    I'm gonna throw this out there and say Budweiser gets an undeserved bad rap. If you are looking for a good example of an American lager, then Bud is perfect. I don't believe those who complain about taste, or lack thereof have compared lagers enough. Being a light lager, they are naturally low on flavor, as opposed to a dark lager or good ale, which you will taste before it hits your tongue. And being that there are differences between European and American lagers, enjoy an all American product that is respected by other countries.

Given an overly bad review by our home soil drinkers, and yet it is constantly outselling everyone. People don't buy bad beer for the price it's sold, no matter how cool the commercials are. It's never going to be the BEST beer in America, but it will always be one of the best AMERICAN beers.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I'm gonna throw this out there and say Budweiser gets an undeserved bad rap. If you are looking for a good example of an American lager, then Bud is perfect. I don't believe those who complain about taste, or lack thereof have compared lagers enough. Being a light lager, they are naturally low on flavor, as opposed to a dark lager or good ale, which you will taste before it hits your tongue. And being that there are differences between European and American lagers, enjoy an all American product that is respected by other countries.

Given an overly bad review by our home soil drinkers, and yet it is constantly outselling everyone. People don't buy bad beer for the price it's sold, no matter how cool the commercials are. It's never going to be the BEST beer in America, but it will always be one of the best AMERICAN beers.

All good points. I'd still rather have one of your scotch ales or dunkels.

BTW, you're Tate Armstrong now.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Right on CBAB. I pretty much agree with most of your points. I've always thought that American beers where best suited as a refreshment after mowing the lawn in the middle of August.