Thread: Lost theory

Lost theory

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z7swZaOWO3c

Interesting. In the scene where Kate, Sawyer and Alex are rescuing Karl from being brainwashed on the Others island, there is some backwards audio. Someone put it on YouTube.

It very clearly says "only fools are enslaved by time and space."

I think there has been a fair amount of evidence that some kind of time travel is part of the overall mystery of Lost.

Hmmmm.

-Jason "I feel like some of The Others have made allusions to time being not what the Lostaways think it is" Evans

Time

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I think there has been a fair amount of evidence that some kind of time travel is part of the overall mystery of Lost.
    I think the producers have stated that the episode about Desmond does definitively involve time (not just a dream). So, there does seem to be the ability to manipulate time. In the Juliette episode, the company Mittelos was an anagram, supposedly for "Lost Time". I can't help thinking about Proust's In Search of Lost Time, the first book of which was Swann's Way. From Wikipedia:

The role of memory is central to the novel, hence the famous episode with the madeleine in the first volume. Proust seems to say that what we are is our memories. Part of the process of distracting ourselves is distancing ourselves from our memories, as a defence mechanism to evade pain and unhappiness. (for more go here)

This seems to comport with the flashbacks, in some ways, and with the possibility of redemption offered by the island. On the other hand, once I found out the writers had dubbed Smokey "Cerberus," I was reminded of Gene Wolfe's The Fifth Head of Cerberus. That's probably a stretch but who knows. In any case, it's better than thinking about the game last night.