Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks, DeMarcus

For 4 great years. We're gonna miss you.

I feel so bad for DeMarcus. He has been one of my favorite players at Duke. Were going to miss him terribly. I look forward to seeing him make it in the NBA. The hardest worker on this years team by far.

DeMarcus,

We watched you play as a senior, before you'd committed to Duke, and I enjoyed your game then as today, and I wanted to say thank you for representing Duke with class and dignity and also, thank you for your efforts! We would not have accomplished what we were able to this year without your leadership and sacrifice.

dukestheheat

When he was good, he was very good. Wish him the best.

Thank you Demarcus!!! You gave everything you had to this program in my opinion, and your determination will be missed. Thanks again fo rthe hard work.

Great year Demarcus, we will miss you. It's hard to play when your sick and you gave it your all and we appreciate you.

Thanks Demarcus

Great ride with you Markie, you had four tough years and battled through some major injuries to still score over 1,000 career points and probably had one of the top 10 senior years of just about anyone in Duke history outside of the Mega-stars.

Plus, he just seems like a great kid. The shots didn't fall today, but I love the heart.

Man I hate March after all...So bleepin depressing.

DeMarcus...I really feel for you for that last game. Thanks for 4 great years man, you've been one of my favorite Duke players, and I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up next.

Where do you think he'll get picked in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by alaskan assassin View Post
    Where do you thhink he'll get picked in the draft
    Honestly, I'm not sure he will. Which is a complete crime. I hope I'm wrong though, if he has some good pre-draft workouts with some teams that could change, I'm wishing him the best. He'll never be a star, but he can definitely be a contributor...

Thank you, DeMarcus Nelson. It has been great watching you play. You have represented Duke well.

Barbara

Adding to the praise

Yes thank you DeMarcus,

No one will ever convince me that we wouldn't have been a final four team in 2006 if you had been around and healthy. We might have even won it all.

As it stands, you stood tall through some good times and some of the more trying times. Your task was difficult and you took it on without complaint or hesitation, and certainly fared better than most under the circumstances.

Farewell

Thanks for four years of hard work and effort DeMarcus!

14. First off, thank you to DeMarcus. You gave Duke everything you had for four seasons and I wish you well whatever career you plan to pursue.

I'm especially sad because Demarcus will always be a "what if" player for me. With four healthy seasons Markie could have been one of the greats, provided the third option we never found in the JJ/Shel years, and gone out on a much less humiliating note. I'll never question his character or effort, but I still miss the player we never got to see.

Thanks for the effort and dedication, Markie. We're all so proud of you and will miss your D and effort every night.

everyone downs him because he didn't give what we expected this end of the year yet the past few years we love him...give me a break. thankyou demarcus

DeMarcus will be missed. Good show for a fine senior year. Many games would have been lost this season were it not for your fine efforts. This capt salutes the real Captain!

Thanks, Mr. Nelson

Proud to have you as a Dukie!

Thank You Demarcus...You've been one of my favorites over your four years- I will miss you, Duke will miss you. Good Luck, and Great Career

Thank you, #21!

Nelson brought so much heart and toughness to the court this season, and his determination to always improve himself showed through his entire Duke career.

Best wishes for the next phase of this talented young man's life. I hope he takes his Duke degree with him!

Thanks DeMarcus - you now join the pantheon of Duke captains and players. We look forward to following your professional basketball career and (hopefully) hearing about your career post-basketball. I also hope to see you in Cameron for a Duke-UNC tilt in years to come. Well done, DeMarcus, and thanks for four great years!