Whats wrong w/ Florida

its 39-21 Tenn

Zero defense.

They don't give a damn. Flawda may still come back to win this game, but they ain't winning no title. Put a fork in 'em.

The SEC is real janked up like that. No one can win on the road, and when the good teams (Tennessee, Florida, Vandy, Kentucky, Bama) do go on the road, they very often get killed. Perhaps I'm used to watching Duke and Carolina, who never get "killed" any more, but it's an interesting phenomenon in the SEC this year.

Florida is tanking to take the pressure off

Perhaps by intent or sub-consciously but maybe they are playing poorly because the dont want to be the team to beat going into the tourney. Last year they came out of nowhere. They like that underdog role. People will start dissing them- make them a 2 seed and that will motivate them to make their run. They only want the second title and taking the pressure off will help them. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Perhaps by intent or sub-consciously but maybe they are playing poorly because the dont want to be the team to beat going into the tourney. Last year they came out of nowhere. They like that underdog role. People will start dissing them- make them a 2 seed and that will motivate them to make their run. They only want the second title and taking the pressure off will help them. We shall see.
    Yeah, sure. Everyone's gonna forget Flawda went all the way last year.

They're dropping games to seven-eight-nine-10 seed range teams. Billy Donovan is still the "five seed losing to a 12" poster boy. Come to think of it, isn't a 15 due to beat a two?

When the '92 Duke team threw the Wake game away, at least they learned from it.

They are playing with the same passion UNC has been playing with (which obviously is not a good thing), but I'm afraid they don't have quite the same raw talent as UNC, so they are more susceptible to a loss when they don't put up the right effort.

Florida also could not buy a 3 during their quasi-comeback against Tennessee. That was probably because they were jacking up NBA 3's, but regardless, they didn't look sharp.

You are all missing the obvious

If I had just seen Pat Summitt come out in one of those dreamsicle colored unis and a matching feather hat to do a cheerleading routine for the opposition, I don't think I'd be able to bring my "A" game either.

The fact that the Gators are wilting now doesn't surprise me. I remember the pressure that followed the '92 Duke team in their quest to repeat. Unless you've got a couple of hard-nosed (some might say obnoxious) SOBs like Laettner and Hurley who simply refuse to let their team lose, it's tough to hold up against everybody's best shot night after night all the way to the finish line. I think the Gators will regain some energy once the NCAAs start, but they'll still need some luck and a lot of renewed commitment to work hard on defense to get back to the Final Four and win it all…

Stray ~~~;~~~;~