View Poll Results: What part of the Men's Basketball Tourney do you Most Enjoy?

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Day 1 / Round One

39 68.42%
  • Round Two

8 14.04%
  • Sweet 16 games

2 3.51%
  • Elite 8 games

2 3.51%
  • Final Four

5 8.77%
  • Championship

1 1.75%

Your favorite part of the Tourney

Without taking Duke into consideration (in other words, Duke being in the final would skew your answer), what part of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament do you enjoy the most?

I love the first two days, trying to keep up with all of the upsets and near-upsets, and not feeling guilty for not getting work done. Perfect for those of us who are a tad hyper. For some reason, I always do really well in my first round picks, then stink it up later, so I get to pretend that I'm smart for a while, too.

How about Selection Sunday?

First Round. I usually like to take off this Thursday and Friday so I can catch all the action. These rounds I am ususally not emotionally invested in all the games so I don't mind CBS switching to the best game or ending. Can't be off this time but the DVR is set.

Love the possibilities of upsets - except during a Duke game.

The first weekend of the tournamnet Rds 1 and 2. After that you have a pretty clear picture who is going to make it more often than not to the FF. I just love watching the close games *except a Duke one* and upsets *except Duke again!!!!*.

Any part when UNC looses

favorite part

when unc loses-to any one

Round 1 - the upsets make the tournament exciting. The 12 seed beating a five or an 11 beating a 6 are thrilling events.

A close second place is the Sweet 16 where the #1 seeds face a serious challenge and have a legitimate chance of losing. I'm pulling for all 4 #1 seeds to lose this year.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Round 1 - the upsets make the tournament exciting. The 12 seed beating a five or an 11 beating a 6 are thrilling events.

A close second place is the Sweet 16 where the #1 seeds face a serious challenge and have a legitimate chance of losing. I'm pulling for all 4 #1 seeds to lose this year.
    I agree on the #1's, but I add 3 #2's and 4 #3's + 3 #4's.

I voted for the Elite Eight. Looks like I'm the only one so far By this point in the tournament it's narrowed down to teams who are playing great basketball. And they only have one game to reach the coveted FF. Unsurprisingly, it leads to storied efforts and startling finishes. Consider our games vs Kentucky in 1992 and 1998. Or the amazing round of 2005 when 3/4 games went to OT or 2OT. Or best of all, UNC's mega-choke against Georgetown last year, followed by their women choking against Tennessee.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm pulling for all 4 #1 seeds to lose this year.
    Odds are at least 3 of them will lose... I'm pulling for one of the #1 seeds, although I've been conflicted as to their elite 8 game and I'm pulling for their opponent in that one.