Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Q&A related to NCAAT broadcast schedules/announcers &c

I've been poking around the CBS site for the last half-hour, and I can't find the broadcast schedule. The ACC site says Duke plays at 7:10 p.m. Thursday, which makes sense. Miami is a 12:30 game on Friday, Carolina's in the 7:10 slot Friday, and Clemson gets the late game - a 9:30 start on Friday. However, they only have the ACC teams, and I'd like to see the whole bracket.

If you find a link to a tourney bracket with broadcast times, please reply to this post and share with the rest of us.

Thanks!
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

And if you want a list of times in order by day so you can plan your work schedule, just check out the "scoreboard" on CBS sports. Here is Thursday's schedule:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...ayhem/20080320

Quote Originally Posted by DukeFencer View Post
    And if you want a list of times in order by day so you can plan your work schedule, just check out the "scoreboard" on CBS sports. Here is Thursday's schedule:

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebas...ayhem/20080320
    Wohoo! Looks like the West Regional has been moved to Durham
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "There can BE only one."

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    The CBS scoreboard still shows it in DC

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Well, Japan is a major threat to the West Coast see, and...

Wait, no, that was 60-some-odd years ago.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

I'm trying to plan my Saturday at the moment, and unfortunately the scoreboards won't show the times for the Saturday games until after the Thursday games are played. If anyone finds a link to the expected times (I'll hope/assume that Duke and UCLA can win their first games) please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I'm trying to plan my Saturday at the moment, and unfortunately the scoreboards won't show the times for the Saturday games until after the Thursday games are played. If anyone finds a link to the expected times (I'll hope/assume that Duke and UCLA can win their first games) please let me know.
    The pdf linked above shows second round-times. If Duke wins they will play at 2:10 EDT on Saturday

Does anyone have any historic recollections as to whether there are afternoon games in the 3rd round? Are those game usually played all at night?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Does anyone have any historic recollections as to whether there are afternoon games in the 3rd round? Are those game usually played all at night?
    No, two prime-time slots, around 7:00 and 9:30.

CBS Announcing Teams

The ACC only got four bids but they dominate the color announcers for CBS - Bilas (Duke), Elmore (Md), Bonner (Va), Spanarkel (Duke), Packer (Wake), Gminski (Duke) and Wenzel (Duke assistant coach). According to the link below, Wenzel and Bolerjack will do the Duke game.

http://forums.eog.com/college-basket...ge-126135.html

Wenzel seems competent to me but I suspect we can count on several complaining about the announcing team for Thursday's game and their anti-Duke bias. Personally, I like all eight color men (Raftery is the eighth) but if you forced me to choose, I would take Spanarkel. I don't hear him as much so his views are fresh and, based on a small sample, he seems to do a very good job of identifying and describing the finer points of the game to the viewer.

gw67

I like all but Packer and Elmore. Bilas is good but not as good as rest, IMO. But I still like him better than those other jokers. The Raft is just fun. I also like the Gman more and more. Maybe it's just that we get to hear him so much in ACC. Congrats to him on "Legends" BTW.

I have never liked Wenzel. But he keeps coming back each year.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by gw67 View Post
    The ACC only got four bids but they dominate the color announcers for CBS - Bilas (Duke), Elmore (Md), Bonner (Va), Spanarkel (Duke), Packer (Wake), Gminski (Duke) and Wenzel (Duke assistant coach). According to the link below, Wenzel and Bolerjack will do the Duke game.

http://forums.eog.com/college-basket...ge-126135.html

Wenzel seems competent to me but I suspect we can count on several complaining about the announcing team for Thursday's game and their anti-Duke bias. Personally, I like all eight color men (Raftery is the eighth) but if you forced me to choose, I would take Spanarkel. I don't hear him as much so his views are fresh and, based on a small sample, he seems to do a very good job of identifying and describing the finer points of the game to the viewer.

gw67
    It's a shame they had to harness a high-flyer like Gus Johnson with an anchor like Len Elmore. I'll be at the games in Anaheim - I may see if I can hunt Jay Bilas out and say hi while I'm there.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Bob Wenzel was an assistant coach at Duke under Bill Foster (later surviving brain surgery, quite a story in its own right) and I think pretty unlikely to trash Duke on Thursday. Don't think I've ever noticed him trashing anyone on the air, come to think of it. He's not a spectacular commentator, but generally is one who highlights the positives of a game. And think of how many worse ones could have been assigned to that pod.

Times for Sat. games in Dc

Does anyone have the time of the two games?

I don't think CBS will announce them until they know the winners from Thursday. It's all about TV.

Quote Originally Posted by duke211 View Post
    Does anyone have the time of the two games?
    The winners of Duke/Belmont and Zona/WVU will be at 2:10pm. The winners of Baylor/Purdue and UGA/Xavier is 30 minutes after the first game.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Let's win on Thursday before we start talking about the weekend.

. . . and just to keep everyone informed, Duke's #1, undefeated MLax team plays Georgetown at 1000 (on ESPN, although I'd also check ESPN-U).