Thread: Attn: Cameron

Attn: Cameron

In lighter news, it's time to settle your bet! Let's get to work on a new avatar and sig, good buddy! People, feel free to come up with suggestions for ways Cameron can pay homage to my obvious brillaince through those two things.

was that the king bet? i forget what the bet was. will cameron remember?

jumbo, which thread were you going to "easily refute?" i can't find it now.

Quote Originally Posted by grossbus View Post
    was that the king bet? i forget what the bet was. will cameron remember?

jumbo, which thread were you going to "easily refute?" i can't find it now.
    Yup, the King bet. He had to average at least 10 ppg. Otherwise, Cameron had to change his avatar and sig to celebrate all things Jumbo.

Hmmm, remind me where I talked about refuting a thread. I can't recall either.

Jumbo, half way through the season I knew you were going to win the King bet. I was wholeheartedly wishing that Cameron would have won, you see. I hope King will improve greatly over the summer and gradualy get his minutes and points. He's such a great teammate and kid that I really really wish him success.

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    Jumbo, half way through the season I knew you were going to win the King bet. I was wholeheartedly wishing that Cameron would have won, you see. I hope King will improve greatly over the summer and gradualy get his minutes and points. He's such a great teammate and kid that I really really wish him success.
    I knew before the season (which is why I made the bet), although I hoped I was wrong, too.

Cameron gave it a good run... I had 27 against Eastern Kentucky, a school record for freshman, 18 against a Big Ten school in Michigan, and 15 large ones along with 5 triples in a contest with a sure-fire Final Four participant (at least in my bracket, anyway) in Wisconsin, a very solid defensive club (I destroyed them for a few 30 footers for good measure).

In the end, I just felt my teammates were deserving of some shots so I decided to sit more, to cheer. Thus Jumbo wins. Not next year, though. Next year I'm going Jeff Fryer on the nation. One-hundred threes here I come! Takers?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    In lighter news, it's time to settle your bet! Let's get to work on a new avatar and sig, good buddy! People, feel free to come up with suggestions for ways Cameron can pay homage to my obvious brillaince through those two things.
    Here's my suggestion for an avatar - just crop and shrink it to fit:

And as for a signature, how about this (being a movie fan, I go for a modified movie quote):

Prissy: Have you girls heard what's happening to Jumbo? He's being demoted to a moderator!
    Giddy: A MODERATOR?
    Elephant Matriarch: Oh, the shame of it. Let us take the solemn vow. From now on, he is no longer an elephant.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBDuke View Post
    Here's my suggestion for an avatar - just crop and shrink it to fit:

And as for a signature, how about this (being a movie fan, I go for a modified movie quote):

Prissy: Have you girls heard what's happening to Jumbo? He's being demoted to a moderator!
    Giddy: A MODERATOR?
    Elephant Matriarch: Oh, the shame of it. Let us take the solemn vow. From now on, he is no longer an elephant.
    Why crop it? Allow Jumbo to continue to drag along the caboose.

Ok, here are a few I found--

From Jumbo Self-Storage in the UK

From the Jumbo-Fischer truck accessory company in Germany

From something called JumboShrimpMusic.com

--Jason "I am limited to 4 images per post, so I'll have more in the next post" Evans

and some more

Here are some more...

I am not even sure what white clover is, I guess it is a plant, but here is a logo

Another random elephant image

Another random logo with the word Jumbo in it

--Jason "that's enough for now" Evans

I'm not so down with the elephants. Jason's final logo is mildly appealing, though. More suggestions!

I'm not down with the pink elephant, either.

Why can't we just give King Taylor the benefit of the doubt and let Don live?

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    I'm not down with the pink elephant, either.

Why can't we just give King Taylor the benefit of the doubt and let Don live?
    A bet is a bet. Today's the day for change, my friend!

Oh I know, I was merely kidding.

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.

Here is a possible avatar following the KISS idiom.

Jumbo_avatar.gif

note its sized approppriately.

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    Here is a possible avatar following the KISS idiom.

Jumbo_avatar.gif

note its sized approppriately.
    BINGO! We have a winner! Cameron, meet your new avatar. Now, let's get to work on the sig. Perhaps you could write a poem about my beauty...