View Poll Results: Who will win the South region?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Memphis

3 5.77%
  • Texas

29 55.77%
  • Stanford

5 9.62%
  • Pitt

14 26.92%
  • Michigan St.

0 0%
  • Marquette

0 0%
  • Miami

0 0%
  • Miss St.

0 0%
  • Oregon

0 0%
  • St. Mary's

0 0%
  • Kentucky

1 1.92%
  • Temple, Oral Roberts, Cornell, Austin Peay, or UT-Arlington

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I still cannot believe that this board thinks Kentucky has as good a chance to win this region as Memphis does...

Less than 2 days left to vote in this poll.

-Jason

Thanks for the reminder. I don't think Kentucky will win it--I voted for Texas because I'm also just not convinced about Memphis.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I still cannot believe that this board thinks Kentucky has as good a chance to win this region as Memphis does...

Less than 2 days left to vote in this poll.

-Jason
    Friend...it's called team loyalty. I assure you in folks in Kentucky have thehave the Cats going to AT LEAST the sweet 16. It's a closed minded unrealistic optimism. It's funny but very real. I should know. I experienced it several times.

Seriously though. I don't think Pitt will win the region. Unless I am mistaken they were not even ranked entering the Big 10 Tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post
    Friend...it's called team loyalty. I assure you in folks in Kentucky have thehave the Cats going to AT LEAST the sweet 16. It's a closed minded unrealistic optimism. It's funny but very real. I should know. I experienced it several times.

Seriously though. I don't think Pitt will win the region. Unless I am mistaken they were not even ranked entering the Big 10 Tourney.
    When did Pitt leave the Big East Monster Conference join the Big Televen and make it the Twelve?

Kentucky and Maquette have met a record 10 times in the NCAAs(including today).

I think that Texas will wind up beating Pittsburgh in the regional final. I think that Blair and Sam Young will give Memphis all they can handle and beat Memphis. Then sharpshooters Augustin and Abrams with help from Damion James on the glass will go to the final four.

Ouch

Now the sportswriters are saying UK has fallen from the Elite Ranks!

Be careful Duke. I remember a Murray State (15 Seed) playing Duke (2 Seed) in 96 and taking them to the wire. Then the Devils went out in the second round.

Tonight is the night. #16 beats #1! Texas Arlington beats Memphis - 67-61. You heard it here,

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Tonight is the night. #16 beats #1! Texas Arlington beats Memphis - 67-61. You heard it here,
    Dude, you were so close!! UT-Arl was only down by 14 at the half and lost by 24. They had a chance if they had had only hit their 3s. They were 4-for-13 from 3 but if they had only hit 13-for-13 those 9 extra threes would have given them 27 extra points and they would have won!! 9 more shots and they were there! So close!!!!!

--Jason "sorry if this post was hard to understand but I don't speak well with my tongue planted in my cheek like that " Evans

Quote Originally Posted by dynastydefender View Post
    Now the sportswriters are saying UK has fallen from the Elite Ranks!
    Honestly, I enjoy getting more sports coverage, but the downside of so much coverage is the tendency of writers and television commentators to create these HUGE news stories that are SO BAD! Staying on an even keel just doesn't make for good copy.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Dude, you were so close!! UT-Arl was only down by 14 at the half and lost by 24. They had a chance if they had had only hit their 3s. They were 4-for-13 from 3 but if they had only hit 13-for-13 those 9 extra threes would have given them 27 extra points and they would have won!! 9 more shots and they were there! So close!!!!!

--Jason "sorry if this post was hard to understand but I don't speak well with my tongue planted in my cheek like that " Evans
    Damn, the mojo failed.

The Canes advance. McClinton pours in 38 points! Next up? Texas. Ouch.

Dang. Canes were right there but bow out to Texas.

Is anybody watching the Davidson/GT game? Curry is shooting GT right out of the tournament.