Thread: UNC/VT aaaargh

I'll NEVER EVER watch UNC again, and I apologize

They won that game because I watched it. That can be the ONLY possible way they win that game. Every time I watch them, they get outplayed, then get horrible calls to get them back in it, and win with some crap like that. I apologize, and promise to NEVER, EVER watch Carolina play again. It is my fault...

Angry UNC/VT aaaargh

That game was killing me. I was lmao when Green got dunked on, until I realized it was the only other player on the floor who ticks me off more doing the dunking. Then I'm all happy because Ellington (who I admit seems a good kid) gets T, but I realize it's because of the guy on the floor who ticks me off the most.

The only solace in the outcome of that thing was that Washington fouled out and is going home.

I knew better than to watch it, but they won anyway.

Solace?

From that crap??? There is none! It's my fault anyway.. I should not have watched it.

The only solace I can take from this games are two things:

1. If we manage to overcome a tough Clemson team today, we'll get a chance to beat UNC ourselves and win the season series with UNC (and split with Lawson on the floor); and
    2. It means that Va Tech is not going to get to the NCAA tourney.

Had Va Tech won, it'd just be trading the good things above for the fact that Tech would likely be in the NCAA tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I knew better than to watch it, but they won anyway.
    I have the same problem.

No, it's my fault. I walked in from a wedding I had just attended, turned the game on when VT was up 64-61, and screamed out loud - "Beat those sorry Tar Heels" at the top of my lungs. It went downhill from there. Why oh why did I watch that garbage?!!!

Gary

I certainly hope the horse shoe fell out when Beaker did his little run.

A lot of people around the country don't like Danny Green, so I'm sure a lot of people were happy to see him dunked on. I hope the dunk makes Sportscenter.

with the way they played all game, it wasn't surprising at all to see vtech lose. I'm actually hoping they don't make the tourney.

Quote Originally Posted by KandG View Post
    A lot of people around the country don't like Danny Green, so I'm sure a lot of people were happy to see him dunked on. I hope the dunk makes Sportscenter.
    POTW!

Quote Originally Posted by imagepro View Post
    They won that game because I watched it. That can be the ONLY possible way they win that game. Every time I watch them, they get outplayed, then get horrible calls to get them back in it, and win with some crap like that. I apologize, and promise to NEVER, EVER watch Carolina play again. It is my fault...
    But did any of us really think there was any chance they would lose? I give the Tar Heels credit: they don't lose the close ones. That's been a defining characteristic of ours, too. It's part of what makes the rivalry so great. Both teams are incredibly clutch to their fans, lucky to their adversaries.

So don't blame yourself. Give yourself credit for your part in setting up what I hope will be a classic final tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdevil View Post
    But did any of us really think there was any chance they would lose? I give the Tar Heels credit: they don't lose the close ones. That's been a defining characteristic of ours, too. It's part of what makes the rivalry so great. Both teams are incredibly clutch to their fans, lucky to their adversaries.

So don't blame yourself. Give yourself credit for your part in setting up what I hope will be a classic final tomorrow.
    Sometimes no amount of sugar will make the lemonade taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    No, it's my fault. I walked in from a wedding I had just attended, turned the game on when VT was up 64-61, and screamed out loud - "Beat those sorry Tar Heels" at the top of my lungs. It went downhill from there. Why oh why did I watch that garbage?!!!

Gary
    yep....Gary's fault.

JK

How many times?

How many times has UNC been outplayed, trailed most of a game, the opponent having the lead coming down the stretch only to have UNC win it. With about 4-5 minutes to go, VT had a 7 point lead, and I said to my wife, I have no doubt UNC will come back and win. And they did.

Give them all the credit in the world, they don't panic and win the close games.

GMR

Quote Originally Posted by GMR View Post
    How many times has UNC been outplayed, trailed most of a game, the opponent having the lead coming down the stretch only to have UNC win it. With about 4-5 minutes to go, VT had a 7 point lead, and I said to my wife, I have no doubt UNC will come back and win. And they did.

Give them all the credit in the world, they don't panic and win the close games.
    Exactly. And it's a cliche at this point, but Hans has heart.