Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SEC Tourney

Tennessee

Did anyone happen to notice that Tennessee lost today as well? Arkansas beat them by 1 point (92-91). Another possible one seed shot down?

I suspect that Volunteers are not very happy about losing their tourney... but that, and the game VTech played today, suggest that no one is invincible (not even Carolina).
    DukeDevilDeb

Quote Originally Posted by hondoheel View Post
    I think under your scenario the Big 12 winner would be a 1 seed over Tennessee.
    i'm thinking you are right. i was hoping for the 2 with tennessee. i think that we are getting the 2 with ucla.

Tennessee has built up enough cache that they're either the last #1 seed or the top #2 seed. They're fine. Their profile looks a lot better than ours (better RPI, nearly twice as many top-50 wins, fewer "bad" losses, better record in the last 10, etc).

We are either one of the last two #2 seeds or the top #3 seed. We needed to win the ACC tournament to have a look at a #1 seed, and even then we'd need some help.

Honestly, I feel the same as I felt back in December. I think one of Kansas, UCLA, and UNC will win the title. Those are the teams with the most balance and the most talent.

How about them Dawgs!?

In response to the Arkansas thread, HOW ABOUT THEM DAWGS! Georgia has struggled this season, to say the least. They've had trouble with off-court problems, guys quitting the team, and people calling for the coach to be fired...but the past 3 days have been fun for UGA fans! Beat Kentucky and the SEC West champ in the same day? Can't beat that. Dave Bliss for President!!

what's the ncaa record for most wins in 48 hours? how could they have only won 4 games all year in the sec???

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Stephen Hill is probably the last person I would've chosen to take the game-winning shot
    My thoughts exactly. I didn't get to watch the game, but heard the final score on the radio. When I heard Hill was the one to hit the game winner I nearly drove off the road.

Captain Caveman comes through in the clutch.

while I am still despondent about Duke's game - this does provide a little bit of joy for me.

Would love to see the Dawgs get in . . .

. . . if they win tomorrow - is there any chance that they are one of the teams in the play in game?

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Dave Bliss for President!!
    Bliss is, without a doubt, my least favorite player in the SEC. I hate that dude. Like Deron Washington-Lite.

Red face

The Atlanta sports talk on Friday morning had Felton out of a job by Saturday. Wasn't it a week ago when Felton was comparing his team with that of Baylor, St. John's, and St. Boneventure?

UGA's had an amazing turnaround for sure, but it's kind of uneasy to see a team perhaps make it into the NCAA's with such a low W-L record. Nonetheless, I'll pull for Felton. I'd hate to see him lose his job.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by crote View Post
    My thoughts exactly. I didn't get to watch the game, but heard the final score on the radio. When I heard Hill was the one to hit the game winner I nearly drove off the road.

Captain Caveman comes through in the clutch.
    BWHAHAHA! ROTFL! Captain Caveman! That's perfect!

As he was taking the shot, I was thinking, "NOOOOOO!" Dude is great on defense, but his picture is in the dictionary under the phrase "offensive liability." If he only would've mastered the hook shot - or heck, the dunk - the Hogs would be hard to beat. At least Charles Thomas and Darian Townes have been playing well. Townes actually passed out of a double team to Ervin for an open 3, which he then hit. That fact, along with Hill hitting the game-winner, makes me think that the apocalypse is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    . . . if they win tomorrow - is there any chance that they are one of the teams in the play in game?
    No chance at all. Not even a tiny chance.

If UGA wins the SEC and gets in, I predict they will be a #13 or #14 seed. Hey, maybe they will be a #14 and we will be a #3 and we can play them!

--Jason "this UGA team is just not very good" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

If UGA wins the SEC and gets in, I predict they will be a #13 or #14 seed. Hey, maybe they will be a #14 and we will be a #3 and we can play them!

today they are 108 in the rpi. winthrop is 107 and lunardi has them at a 14 seed. if georgia wins, it will go up in the rpi but not that much. american is 91 and san diego is 94. lunardi has san diego at 14 and american at 16 so i think it would be hard for them to move up to a 13 if they win. 14 sounds about right and whichever 3 were to get them would not be too happy. they do, however, have to win today before any of this matters. isn't fatigue going to catch up with them at some point???

Off to a strong start!!!! Did I hear the announcers say they have lost 121 out of their last 133 conference games?

My UGA thread would get moved to an SEC tourney thread. I should start another one anyway!

This championship game...are you serious!?!?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!?!? Georgia is threatening to run Arkansas out of the gym. Up 26-9! AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh

Under 8 minutes to go and the Dawgs are still up 11! If they can somehow miraculously pull this off, who's tourney spot would they steal?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Arkansas had a run very similar to this in 2000, starting with a similar record. They got a 12 seed.

Hello, Georgia (and likely goodbye, Virginia Tech - they needed as many available spots as possible).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

I just tuned in to ESPN2 on DirecTV to watch the last minute of the SEC Championship game and the program guide at the top of the screen read "Incredible Dog Challenge." At first I thought that DirecTV was hyping the game for Georgia fans with their program info, but then I realized the game had run over into the dog show that follows.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

CLEAR THE DANCE FLOOR BABY! THE DAWGS ARE GOING DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE STORY OF THE WEEK...THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS!

ps. We were the best football team in the conference too

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

CLEAR THE DANCE FLOOR BABY! THE DAWGS ARE GOING DANCING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE STORY OF THE WEEK...THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS!

ps. We were the best football team in the conference too
    There's a lot of crow being eaten on Atlanta sports radio right now. I guess Felton has a job for next year, eh?

CONGRATS!

Lavabe