Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Duke MBB v. Ga Tech Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

was Lewis Clinch's ego hurt in the making of this thread?
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

17 pts, 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Nelson for MOTM.

Yeah

Ugh

Yeah

phew

Captain Markie

Is that Chris Paul or Demarcus Nelson? 17 points 9 boards and 7 assists. Obviously our MOTM going from his worst game of the against the Tar Heels to one of his best performances of the yearthis year. Jon Scheyer with a heck of a game as well. Lance tenacious in the middle. I liked what I saw.

Tough to complain about a double digit W. Overall, a good game, but spotted by a few irritating features. Which did you guys feel was the most annoying:
    a) Jimmy Dykes
    b) Gottlieb's pointless and unsolicited halftime jab at Coach K
    c) Tech's 19-2 run
    d) Steve Opera?

Game thoughts

Odd game- nice win. Certainly a game of runs. When Singler got two fouls in 30 sec, I did not have a good feeling. But I think that certainly got Duke focused. Duke looked great for most of the first half mostly on D and in rebounding the ball, and for a few moments in the second half and then I am not sure what happened but the D seemed to let up and the O disappeared. Credit tech for playing hard when they seemed to be out of the game down by 19. But Demarcus refused to lose. He hit some tough shots and had 7 - yes 7 assists. Demarcus may have had 7 assists his entire freshman year. What an improvement he has made as a player. Thomas also played well. If he can give that kind of effort from here on out- Duke has some kind of inside presence. Scheyer continues to be Mr Steady out there. He will be called on more and more. Duke played a number of players today- partly because Singler was in foul trouble. Smith needs to get on track. Duke will need his play from here on out. I expect a better game from him tomorrow. Zoubs held his own and it was nice to see King hit the three. I also liked the energy McClure gave tonight- maybe the best game from him in a long time. The effort was there from the team- not sure I understand the big comeback but Duke needs to stay focused for 40 minutes. But survive and advance. So far so good.

G- man

Quote Originally Posted by Coballs View Post
    Tough to complain about a double digit W. Overall, a good game, but spotted by a few irritating features. Which did you guys feel was the most annoying:
    a) Jimmy Dykes
    b) Gottlieb's pointless and unsolicited halftime jab at Coach K
    c) Tech's 19-2 run
    d) Steve Opera?
    We got the G-Man on color. Much, much more enjoyable!

we did enough to win. even tho there was a severe lapse in defense (tech got % up to 75%), we did get the groove back and ONE player escalated his game to put the team on his back.

that's how we won games most of the season until the wake game.

the shooting is coming back....all we need now is for singler to get it going..

i THINK clemson will be the opp tomorrow...hope BC wears them out...

i don't like capel...

gotleeeeeb

what did he say? i know it's krunk...but i turn the radio on and listen to bob harris ....the radio is about 1.5 secs in front of the television broadcast, so it's kinda surreal how you know what's coming...

Delay device

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    what did he say? i know it's krunk...but i turn the radio on and listen to bob harris ....the radio is about 1.5 secs in front of the television broadcast, so it's kinda surreal how you know what's coming...
    You should buy

http://delayplay.com/

Even the shots that Tech missed in the second half were in-n-out. Thank God they weren't able to shoot that well in the first.

G man is doing great but we still have to endure Jason Capel at half and in-between. I just keep telling myself "He's the little brother of the Oklahoma head coach."

Nelson for MOTM with Scheyer a close second.

Next victim, please.

Duke-gt

Bob Green is $$$(Duke by 12 in a tough one, paraphrased from the pre-game thread). Way to tough it out after losing nearly all of a 19 point lead.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    You should buy

http://delayplay.com/

no....i kinda like it being ahead of the Tv...i get to applaud twice, or turn away before i see it...

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    At halftime, he called out K for not giving the sideline reporter a 15 second interview and sending Collins to do it instead. His implication was that K is arrogant.

We will go as far as Nelson wills us.

Get it done, Markie!!! Take us to the promised land!

K has nothing to prove to Gottlieb and ESPN knows it. Gottlieb should not expect it simply because he feels it's warranted. Coach has much more important business to contend with than to be concerned whether the TV network gets an in-game interview or not.

This is the type of arrogance that gives the media a bad name. I'm not certain anyone on the net could get words from coach, other than Coach Knight.

Scheyer was our smartest player. DeMarcus finished the game well, but had quite a few lapses on judgement earlier in the second half and its plays like that that got Tech back in the game. We still need to value the ball better. Lance Thomas did a great job of stepping up when Kyle had to sit after 30 seconds. Both Kyle and Nolan have to be a little smarter not to give up stupid fouls.Zoubek can do better but he was competent.McClure had his best game. I hope Taylor keeps making at least 1 three every game for here on out. It gives us a lift.Paulus was okay made key threes but did not run the half court sets real well. In any event survive and advance.

One thing I noticed about Zoubek, and this could be attributed to him just not having the game experience. In the first half, he got several passes from the wing to the low block and stood, turned to the baseline slowly and if he had received the ball, looked quickly at the foul line, he could have hit a cutter in stride for a layup/dunk. Noticed that two or three times. I hope they show him that film and have him look the other way first.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Scheyer looked good

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Scheyer was our smartest player. DeMarcus finished the game well, but had quite a few lapses on judgement earlier in the second half and its plays like that that got Tech back in the game. We still need to value the ball better. Lance Thomas did a great job of stepping up when Kyle had to sit after 30 seconds. Both Kyle and Nolan have to be a little smarter not to give up stupid fouls.Zoubek can do better but he was competent.McClure had his best game. I hope Taylor keeps making at least 1 three every game for here on out. It gives us a lift.Paulus was okay made key threes but did not run the half court sets real well. In any event survive and advance.
    I ducked out of a show between acts and hit the sports bar for enough to see the end of the game. Scheyer is really playing well. We went to the slowdown and it worked well again. I missed the GT run so will have to listen to other describe what happened.