Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ok!...Ymm, Ice Cream

Devildeac suggested it and I'll start it. Let's have a thread about great flavors of ice cream. I'm a huge fan of ice cream and always try to have some in the freezer. Currently, I'm eating Edy's Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie. It's chocolate ice cream with with pieces of girl scout cookies in it and I think it's delicious. What other good flavors of ice cream are out there?

Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Chunk

It's mint ice cream (not fake green colored) and has good size chunks of chocolate in it... yummm!

Ymm, ice cream

Another favorite of mine. Thanks for taking the hint ugadevil

Simple: Breyer's (original) Vanilla-plain, but delicious all by itself. Add whatever toppings you want, but this is wonderful without any additions.

Fancy: Breyer's Chocolate Chocolate Chip (with brownies/fudge if you can find it)-This one I like over home-baked brownies with Hershey's chocolate sauce or some hot fudge topping (can you say serious chocoholic?)

Ymmm ice cream

My two favorite flavors are mint chocolate chip and coffee.

The best MCC I've had recently, believe it or not, is Great Value from Wal-Mart. Very minty, very nice chocolate chips, very creamy. For a real treat, pour some Hershey's syrup over it. Do that over the coffee, too!

Breyers coffee is very good, Schraft's is great. You get Schraft's in the NYC area. Like Drakes Cakes (ymmm Ring Dings!), Scrhraft's is sadly missing from this area.
    Last edited by OZZIE4DUKE; 03-11-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Adding chocolate syrup
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Yarnell's Homemade Vanilla. I grew up on a farm with endless supplies of milk and eggs, which means we made lots of homemade ice cream. This stuff is the closest to the real McCoy that I have tasted.

When I'm trying to be healthy, the Edy's Grand Light French Silk is pretty darn good.

Ben & Jerry's free ice cream cone day

this year its April 29!

I'm always good for at least two cones this day. My regular mint chocolate chunk, then I go around again (usually when I get back through the line I have finished my first cone) and try something new.

I actually LOVE Starbucks Mocha Chip. I cant always find it - but it is Muey Bueno!!

Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough in the wonderful single serving size.

So do they offer free cones at all B&J's on 4/29? I haven't heard of that.

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Having not had the stuff for... 18 years now... I still crave the simplicity of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip. Pretty much any mint chocolate chip/chunk is a good thing, but I always really appreciated the dryness of the Breyer's mint, just a perfect melt in your mouth kind of thing.

Pardon me while I step out to repeated kick my now useless pancreas for denying me such treats.

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    I actually LOVE Starbucks Mocha Chip. I cant always find it - but it is Muey Bueno!!
    This is my 2nd favorite. #1 = B&J Phish Food. Even the low-fat stuff is good.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    My two favorite flavors are mint chocolate chip and coffee.

For a real treat, pour some Hershey's syrup over it. Do that over the coffee, too!.
    Damn! Are you my long lost twin? 'cause I love my mint chocolate chip and my coffee with some Hershey's syrup! Have you tried Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Syrup? (I'm now doing my Homer ooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!) I think Target sells it.

This is a tough thread to read for a girl who gave up chocolate for lent.

Less than two weeks and then I can have B&J's coffee heath bar crunch. Ymm. Though devildeacs dessert sounds yummy too.

Licks in Bryan Center

Quote Originally Posted by Deslok View Post
    Having not had the stuff for... 18 years now... I still crave the simplicity of Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip. Pretty much any mint chocolate chip/chunk is a good thing, but I always really appreciated the dryness of the Breyer's mint, just a perfect melt in your mouth kind of thing.

Pardon me while I step out to repeated kick my now useless pancreas for denying me such treats.
    Years ago, Licks (old ice cream place, where Armadillo is now) had an ice cream taste test. They made me leave because after one taste I announced to the crowd, "Hey! That's Breyer's Mint Chocolate Chip! I'd know that anywhere! No cheesy green dye!"

Actually, I think I announced it before I even tasted it.

My two favorite flavors are mint chocolate chip and cookies and cream, so B&J's Mint Chocolate Cookie is the perfect combination for me. I also like Colbert's Americone Dream.

B & J Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough with Magic Shell on it. Heck, any ice cream with Magic Shell on it is great.

Magic Shell on Ice Cream Sandwiches is great too!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Yarnell's Homemade Vanilla. I grew up on a farm with endless supplies of milk and eggs, which means we made lots of homemade ice cream. This stuff is the closest to the real McCoy that I have tasted.

When I'm trying to be healthy, the Edy's Grand Light French Silk is pretty darn good.
    Oh my gosh! I love Yarnells! Only ever had it in AR. So rich. I love it with fresh strawberries. Good in a float as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    Devildeac suggested it and I'll start it. Let's have a thread about great flavors of ice cream. I'm a huge fan of ice cream and always try to have some in the freezer. Currently, I'm eating Edy's Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookie. It's chocolate ice cream with with pieces of girl scout cookies in it and I think it's delicious. What other good flavors of ice cream are out there?
    When I saw the thread title, Edy's Thin Mint was the first thing I thought of. I also like Edy's seasonal offering Peppermint which they bring out at christmas time.
    One of my favorites that I haven't been able to find since I left Duke in the late 80's was Ammaretto (especially with hot fudge). I can't remember the name of the Ice Cream Parlor then but it was in the Bryan Center.

Daquiri Ice @ Baskin Robbins

this may be a little off topic - but as far as frozen yogurt goes - I have become a big fan of Pinkberry. I think its only in California and NY, but it is basically frozen Dannon yogurt topped with fresh fruit (you may have seen their American Express commercial). Its a little more tart than standard fro-yo.

There are imitators popping up all over (Yoforia, Red Mango - although I actually think Red Mango was the first of this genre).

Smile A retired B & J flavor

Festivus ice cream ... YMM!!!!

Alas, it was a limited release only.

Cheers,
    Lavabe