Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Eli, Peyton and Heath Shuler Too

In what appears to be a real power play in the college football world, Coach Cutcliffe will attend the Duke-Carolina game accompanied by his disciples, Eli and Peyton Manning, plus Cong. Heath Shuler.

See this link: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=376297

Do you think that, in the approx. six hours of TV coverage, that the QBs will get some camera time?

sagegrouse

Bringing in the qb's is a great move and demonstrates the loyalty that he musters.

It's interesting that the coach would say that Duke had the worst conditioned players that he had seen in 32 years of coaching and that they've lost over 300 pounds in a few weeks. I've long believed that our late-game mistakes and penalties were caused by the talent/size disparity, but it's interesting to think that the mistakes were caused by fatigue. It's also interesting that our current basketball team is undersized (at least for a top 10 team) but that multiple people have commented on the team's level of fitness (DeMarcus obviously, but all the other guys are also in great shape). Anyway, go Duke.

Was also thinking that the 6 best quarterbacks on campus on Saturday will be at the game and won't be playing for Duke in the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Was also thinking that the 6 best quarterbacks on campus on Saturday will be at the game and won't be playing for Duke in the fall.
    I think you're underestimating the talents of Thad Lewis and Zack Asack. DeMarcus and Kyle quit playing QB long ago.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hard to think about Duke Football today, but that story got me excited all over again. It is amazing when you think about it. All these years of excuses, poor infrastructure, bare-bones financing, and thoroughly predictable results are at an end.

Duke now has the opportunity to become a real football program. I fully expect David Cutcliffe and staff to get our Devils to a good place very soon.

I very much hope that the students give the famous footballers and their mentor a rousing ovation. A most important step students can make next season is to end the wretched "tradition" of showing up late for games.

Go Duke Football!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    A most important step students can make next season is to end the wretched "tradition" of showing up late for games.
    Showing up late for games due to tailgate? That would be an improvement from the current status. The vast majority of students go home after tailgate and don't go to the game at all. Sad, but true. I believe in Cutcliffe though!

Wow, that's really cool. Cooler than having Trump attend, IMHO.

We're circling the wagons, folks! This is a very positive statement of solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    In what appears to be a real power play in the college football world, Coach Cutcliffe will attend the Duke-Carolina game accompanied by his disciples, Eli and Peyton Manning, plus Cong. Heath Shuler.

See this link: http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=376297

Do you think that, in the approx. six hours of TV coverage, that the QBs will get some camera time?

sagegrouse
    ESPN is well aware that these guys will be in attendance.

QB

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I think you're underestimating the talents of Thad Lewis and Zack Asack. DeMarcus and Kyle quit playing QB long ago.
    You forgot to mention when/where/why the 'best' QB on campus stopped playing FB/QB and what he will be doing tonight instead . You also forgot to mention what other back-up PG should be playing more and why

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    You forgot to mention when/where/why the 'best' QB on campus stopped playing FB/QB and what he will be doing tonight instead . You also forgot to mention what other back-up PG should be playing more and why
    No, I didn't forget. I left the 4th best QB, Greg Paulus, on the list of the best on campus today, the other three being Peyton, Eli and Heath Shuler. And I don't think that Smith should be getting more time at the expense of Paulus at this time. Nolan brings some amazing athletic capabilities when he's playing, but not necessarily as the 1.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    ESPN is well aware that these guys will be in attendance.
    My last sentence was tongue-in-cheek.

sagegrouse

QBs

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    No, I didn't forget. I left the 4th best QB, Greg Paulus, on the list of the best on campus today, the other three being Peyton, Eli and Heath Shuler. And I don't think that Smith should be getting more time at the expense of Paulus at this time. Nolan brings some amazing athletic capabilities when he's playing, but not necessarily as the 1.
    You missed the emoticons signifying internet sarcasm on my part regarding previous threads/posters here suggesting GP should be playing FB and that NS should be getting more 'burn' at Greg's expense. I said several months ago I was willing to give GP a HUGE pass on last year, considering he played on a bad wheel (and the year before that with a bad wrist!) and I could not wait to see what he would accomplish this year if he remained healthy and injury-free all year. I have been quite satisfied, as I think most of us have with the year GP has had so far and what can/will do in the last several weeks of this season as he positions himself to be the senior leader next year.

Chris Duhon is here...and he was playing this bean bag game with some of the students in the walkup line

Oh ya, Greg Echenique walked around before. He is a big guy...

Has a Manning been spotted yet?
    Nice to see Mr. Duhon in attendance as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali-Duke View Post
    Chris Duhon is here...and he was playing this bean bag game with some of the students in the walkup line

Oh ya, Greg Echenique walked around before. He is a big guy...
    Got a text message from my brother earlier (duke undergrad now) -- said he was playing cornhole with Duhon.

i am so jazzed up for this game -- i want to destroy this holes.

I was bummed that when ESPN showed the Manning bros, there was no mention of why they were at the game or of the guy sitting next to them (Coach Cut). It would have been nice to let a few more folks know about the special dude coaching Duke football now.

--Jason "I sure am glad ESPN took up air time talking about how Dickie Vee is almost as handsome as Matthew Mcconaughey though. That was useful" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I was bummed that when ESPN showed the Manning bros, there was no mention of why they were at the game or of the guy sitting next to them (Coach Cut). It would have been nice to let a few more folks know about the special dude coaching Duke football now.

--Jason "I sure am glad ESPN took up air time talking about how Dickie Vee is almost as handsome as Matthew Mcconaughey though. That was useful" Evans

Dan Shulman actually mentioned that Cutcliffe had coached both Mannings, but did not get into too much detail.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Something that I'm sure wasn't on TV was that right after the Mannings were recognized by the students, the students started a "David Cutcliffe" cheer, and after standing and waving to the crowd from his seat under the basket, Coach Cutcliffe then went over and into the student section for about five minutes shaking hands and talking to students around him.

April 19... be there!

As we acknowledge Coach Cutcliffe and his guests last night, it's time to mark March 19 on your calendar if you haven't done so already. Spring practice begins that day. The next important date to mark on your calendars is April 19 when the spring scrimmage is scheduled over the reunion weekend at Duke. Spring scrimmage will be the first good look at what the new coaching staff is doing and a great opportunity to support Duke football.... and it's free!