You can all thank me, a carolina fan for the front page picture

Havent posted in a long time.....thought I would pay a visit to lay claim to that ridiculous (and hilarious) photo on the front page that I sent the site administrators years ago....

Cant wait to be you guys by about 10 in your own joint today!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetHurleyFan View Post
    Cant wait to be you guys ...
    Yeah, I can understand how you'd want to be a Blue Devil instead of a Tar Heel. (Nobody likes...)

Come to the dark side! We shall rule the universe!

Actually I'd settle for a regular-season-ending W. Ruling the universe sounds like too much work.

Havent posted in a long time.....thought I would pay a visit to lay claim to that ridiculous (and hilarious) photo on the front page that I sent the site administrators years ago....

Welcome back ClosetHurleyFan! Don't get your hope up about tonight.

Despite my inability to spell, I assure you no trips to the dark side for this double tarheel (BA/JD), except for a few party weekends with by best friend who went to Duke....You have to understand, I attended undergrad during the dark days, ie, the Christian Laettner era, when the hatred was thick And yes, if you liked Hurley as a Carolina fan in the early 90s, you were definetely in the closet.

Amazing picture! Love it.

Good luck tonight, and I don't mean that.

Despite my inability to spell, I assure you no trips to the dark side for this double tarheel (BA/JD), except for a few party weekends with by best friend who went to Duke....You have to understand, I attended undergrad during the dark days, ie, the Christian Laettner era, when the hatred was thick And yes, if you liked Hurley as a Carolina fan in the early 90s, you were definetely in the closet.
    If you're talking about Alden's picture with Roy, that's a classic. I went to undergrad with him. Please send me a private note to discuss. I have not talked with him in years, and would like to reconnect. He and I went to the ACC tourney in '91 together for spring break.

LOL, what true Duke fan doesn't own a copy of the picture!

Be real, I sent it to DBR about a year or so ago. It is posted at the local BWW where we gather to watch the Duke / UNC games. And they won't let anyone tear it down. Some years ago a guy did and he got booted but his friends didn't go with him. LOL ROF LMAO

If I had Dean's address I'd send it to him every year.

Being real, sent it to DBR back in like 2005...it was first posted with the caption "unbelievable" underneath it.......trust me. I havent planted many flags in my life, but pretty sure I am responsible for this one on DBR....

we agree

Yeah, we can't wait to be us guys by about 10 in our own joint today also! thanks for coming over!

btw, I DO thank you for the picture. It is funny, and that Ol' Roy is smiling about it shows that he's got a sense of humor.

That kind word said, I hope they play "Hound Dog" when he takes the court.

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention

What a great story! I gotta admit, whenever I see that picture it's hard for me to hate Roy with the proper enthusiasm.

thanks!

Welcome back! Hope you'll check in more often.

Cant wait to be you guys
    Freudian slip.

Simple translation. When Duke is up by 20 at half-time (10 PM) ClosetHurleyFan is planning to switch sides and root for Duke.

Got to admit...I was pretty close on the prediction

Great, intense game....no fouls called either way, really made it better.

May we meet again in one week...

Very classy moment of silence too.

Got to admit...I was pretty close on the prediction

Great, intense game....no fouls called either way, really made it better.

May we meet again in one week...

Very classy moment of silence too.
    Congrats on the win. Stick around for some non-Duke/UNC talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Congrats on the win. Stick around for some non-Duke/UNC talk.
    Thanks Jumbo, its good to be back. And I will reply.

I think you are doing a good job watching the farm by the way. Despite what people might say about your tough tone with people, I find you to be pretty much dead on policing inflamatory and negative posts. I even see you doing it with all the ridiculous Hansborough posts and I really appreciate that. Its one thing to playfully chide the guy for his play, but to bring totally into question his talent and desire is absurb. It would be light denegrating Shane Battier's wonderful approach to the game by pointing to the fact that he got charges called all the time. We all know great players get calls...that will never change. But we dont want to ever talk about what they may have done to earn the benefit of the doubt you know.

Love this board. I have missed posting