Thread: Favre Retires

Favre Retires

Per ESPN.com.

This is somewhat surprising given the season he just had and the youth on the Packers.

But, he cites mental fatigue. Once you lose your focus or your competitive drive, it's time to hang 'em up.

I'll miss watching him play.
    Singler is IRON

I STILL GOT IT! -- Ryan Kelly, March 2, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by mr. synellinden View Post
    Per ESPN.com.

This is somewhat surprising given the season he just had and the youth on the Packers.

But, he cites mental fatigue. Once you lose your focus or your competitive drive, it's time to hang 'em up.

I'll miss watching him play.
    It's a shame he went out like he did in that Giants' game, but I just don't think his body was willing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    It's a shame he went out like he did in that Giants' game, but I just don't think his body was willing anymore.
    It's really ironic that his last play will be the interception against the Giants at Lambeau Field when they were so close to the Super Bowl. I can't say that I was a huge Favre fan, but I can't deny that he played the game the right way.

Somewhere, Peter King and John Madden are together, sobbing uncontrollably. How can football possibly recover from this?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Vikings fan here.

Quote Originally Posted by ugadevil View Post
    It's really ironic that his last play will be the interception against the Giants at Lambeau Field when they were so close to the Super Bowl. I can't say that I was a huge Favre fan, but I can't deny that he played the game the right way.
    Ironic? I'm not trying to be a wise-guy, but don't you mean fitting?

Quote Originally Posted by hc5duke View Post
    Ironic? I'm not trying to be a wise-guy, but don't you mean fitting?
    Fitting would be the right word if you consider him a guy who got himself in to trouble too often by making the risky play (I fall under that category). Ironic is the right word for the people who say that he's the greatest QB of all time.

A great quarterback and, I suspect, his stature will increase during the next decades.