About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Shane's game vs. Denver

Shane and the Houston Rockets just won their 15th consecutive, and the 3rd since Yao Ming went down with his injury.

Shane hit his season high, with 20 points on 7-15 shooting (5-10 from 3), 5 rbs, 3 asts, a steal, and two blocks. All while defending Carmelo Anthony, holding him to just 19 points.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

I watched bits & pieces of the game, and Shane played the best I've seen him play in a while. IMO, he's still one of the most unselfish players I've ever seen. I'm glad to see that the Rockets haven't folded with the loss of Yao Ming. Hope it continues on.

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    ... and in one of his best games, Mike Dunleavy tied a career high tonight with 36 points in the Pacers' win over the Bucks. Mike shot 11-17, 4-6 from 3, and 10-12 from the line. He also had 5 rbs, 3 asts, 2 stls, and a block.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Both McGrady and Yao are guys known to only play 55-60 games a year (meaning they miss 25% of the season) and they are lucky to have shane's scoring to lean on during those times. Out west you have to win a lot of games to make the playoffs and being able to have a semi-role player step up and carry a larger than normal load offensively whenever needed is a huge thing to have. that definitely contributes to them making the playoffs the last couple years.

Anyone else think Shane has been too unselfish in the NBA? There's no shortage of lesser-skilled guys who would take lots of shots if he deferred, and it seems that's what he's too happy to do.

I think it was Magic Johnson on Inside the NBA who said the Rockets are usually better when only one of their two stars are playing. He made the point that the team moves the ball more when the offense is run through one player. At the time, Johnson was saying that Houston should consider trading Yao or Tracy because the two just haven't really worked well together. Maybe the Houston offense will continue to thrive, even without Yao in the post.

Shane hit his season high, with 20 points on 7-15 shooting (5-10 from 3), 5 rbs, 3 asts, a steal, and two blocks. All while defending Carmelo Anthony, holding him to just 19 points.

and in one of his best games, Mike Dunleavy tied a career high tonight with 36 points in the Pacers' win over the Bucks. Mike shot 11-17, 4-6 from 3, and 10-12 from the line. He also had 5 rbs, 3 asts, 2 stls, and a block.
    Maybe Coach K should choose an all Duke team for the Olympics!

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDuke Dad View Post
    Kind of similar to what Deano did in 1976 - Tommy Lagarde??

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDuke Dad View Post
    Well you could field an all-star front court that could be VERY competitive internationally in Boozer, Brand, and Battier. In fact all 3 of those guys will be trying out for the the squad to travel to Beijing this summer (or at least they are all invited to. obviously injuries, family matters, etc. come first sometimes...)

The backcourt would be much, much weaker with Duhon and either Deng or Maggette starting at SG...not sure who would get it...and Dunleavy, JJ, and Sheld would all come off the bench.

On a related note, I am VERY excited to see who makes the final 12 that go to Beijing. Despite there being a pool of 30+ guys that are part of the program and are trying out for the team, we have had sort of two separate tryouts that involved different cross-sections of the group. Meaning each tryout had 16-20 guys, but only maybe 8-10 guys participated in BOTH tryouts. (Redd, Miller, Kobe, Kidd, Prince, and Amare did not participate in the 2006 tryouts, but all made the final 12 in 2007. Jamison, Bosh, Brand, Battier did not try out in 2007 after all made the final 12 in 2006...thats just off the top of my head too. I'm sure there are others)

(I just posted a bunch of stuff here about the olympic team, but then realized I was thread Hijacking. I will start a new thread)
    Last edited by SilkyJ; 03-03-2008 at 05:08 PM. Reason: thread hijacking...

Don't you guys know....

Duke players are no good in pro ball?

Quote Originally Posted by millerecu View Post
    Duke players are no good in pro ball?
    I wonder if the Duke Alumni playing in the NBA "get all the calls" as well?