Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunny Rabbits

Bunny Rabbits

Growing up in North Carolina, I used to see wild (yet lovable) little bunny rabbits in the yard all the time. I’d be walking out to the car when all of a sudden there he’d/she’d be. A long-eared, fluffy-tailed, big-footed bunny rabbit, innocently staring into my eyes with a certain hint of fear. Since moving to Georgia, however, in 1995 I have seen far less bunny rabbits. I see more chipmunks here though. Are wild (yet cute and cuddly) bunny rabbits more prevalent in North Carolina than Georgia?

I miss the bunny rabbits.

-EarlJam

I live in Georgia, and have rabbits in the woods behind the house.

Cute, and tasty.

Wascally wabbits eat the gardens around here. Only thing worse is a squirrel.

Wink I hear...

there are a lot of PLAYBOY bunnies from Georgia! There was also a playboy bunny NAMED Bunny Georgia! There is also the Georgia House Rabbit Society. However, the most common bunny rabbit in Georgia is the eastern cottontail, but there are also swamp rabbits, marsh rabbits, and appalachian cottontails.

The eastern cottontail can be seen here:

http://persweb.wabash.edu/facstaff/p...ottontail1.jpg
    Last edited by bjornolf; 02-27-2008 at 11:13 AM. Reason: fix

Chicago has tons of rabbits. Even here in the Gold Coast. Strange.

DBR has pancake bunnies.

And one time I saw a duck get eaten by an alligator. It was awesome.

Angry Man...

how the HECK do you get pictures to appear in your post? I tried the old html code, and it didn't work, and if I try the "manage attachments" button, it just puts a link. I JUST WANT TO PUT UP A PICTURE OF A BUNNY FOR EARLJAM!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I do that, please?

I can show y'all where the bunnies are. But. Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

It's got fangs!

I miss my bunny rabbit, Gizmo. She died a few years ago.

Some girl told me the other day she had a rabbit that she was extremely fond of. Said she even took it to bed with her at times. When I was at her place, I did not see a cage or a fluffy little creature.

Not sure why she would lie like that.

-EJ

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Some girl told me the other day she had a rabbit that she was extremely fond of. Said she even took it to bed with her at times. When I was at her place, I did not see a cage or a fluffy little creature.

Not sure why she would lie like that.

-EJ
    Now we're really gonna start getting racy banner ads.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Growing up in North Carolina, I used to see wild (yet lovable) little bunny rabbits in the yard all the time. I’d be walking out to the car when all of a sudden there he’d/she’d be. A long-eared, fluffy-tailed, big-footed bunny rabbit, innocently staring into my eyes with a certain hint of fear. Since moving to Georgia, however, in 1995 I have seen far less bunny rabbits. I see more chipmunks here though. Are wild (yet cute and cuddly) bunny rabbits more prevalent in North Carolina than Georgia?

I miss the bunny rabbits.

-EarlJam
    Was 1995 a good year for bunnies?

In the forests in CT we have bunnies up the wazoo (not literally).

Wasn't there a B movie about killer rabbits? Maybe that belongs in the other thread.

gizmo, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilBaby View Post
    It's got fangs!

I miss my bunny rabbit, Gizmo. She died a few years ago.
    was it, by any chance, a light brown dutch rabbit? My wife had a light brown dutch the size of a cat she named Gizmo. He died about five years ago. His coloring was identical to the little mogwai from gremlins.

Like this, I hope . . .

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    how the HECK do you get pictures to appear in your post? I tried the old html code, and it didn't work, and if I try the "manage attachments" button, it just puts a link. I JUST WANT TO PUT UP A PICTURE OF A BUNNY FOR EARLJAM!!!!!!!!!!!! How do I do that, please?

Just click the little box taht looks like it has mountains in it, paste in the image link and voila!
    Last edited by Johnboy; 02-27-2008 at 03:23 PM. Reason: instructions

was it, by any chance, a light brown dutch rabbit? My wife had a light brown dutch the size of a cat she named Gizmo. He died about five years ago. His coloring was identical to the little mogwai from gremlins.
    No, she was black and white. Live to be about 12, I think. Died of cancer. I adopted her from her original owner who decided to have a kid instead. She was actually a great pet apart from chewing everything. I just called her Bunny or Funny Rabbit.

Red face thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnboy View Post

Just click the little box taht looks like it has mountains in it, paste in the image link and voila!
    now I REALLY feel dumb. But at least I know now. Thanks.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

Bunny Rabbit horror story

My ex told me a great story about her experience with a neighbor's pet bunny. The neighbor had asked exwife to watch her animals while she was away for two days.
    She agreed and the next morning went over and fed the dogs, and went to feed the rabbit in it's hutch and found the door open and no rabbit. She wandered all over, but sign of the bunny. The next evening, she went back to feed the dogs, and found one of them hunched over the missing bunny, which was dead and covered in dirt and dog slobber. Horror stricken, and not wanting to fess up to letting the lady's rabbit get out and killed by her dogs, she took the rabbit home, washed it, blew dry it's hair, combed it out, and set it back in it's hutch. The next day, she heard this awful blood curling scream come from her neighbors house. Knowing the lady had found her poor dead rabbit, exwife went over to feign not knowing anything about the poor bunny. She ran over and asked the lady what's wrong, to which she replied

"My pet rabbit died the day before I left on my trip, I buried it out back, and now it's back in it's cage!"

now I REALLY feel dumb. But at least I know now. Thanks.
    What a beautiful little bunny rabbit.

Thanks!

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    My ex told me a great story about her experience with a neighbor's pet bunny. The neighbor had asked exwife to watch her animals while she was away for two days.
    She agreed and the next morning went over and fed the dogs, and went to feed the rabbit in it's hutch and found the door open and no rabbit. She wandered all over, but sign of the bunny. The next evening, she went back to feed the dogs, and found one of them hunched over the missing bunny, which was dead and covered in dirt and dog slobber. Horror stricken, and not wanting to fess up to letting the lady's rabbit get out and killed by her dogs, she took the rabbit home, washed it, blew dry it's hair, combed it out, and set it back in it's hutch. The next day, she heard this awful blood curling scream come from her neighbors house. Knowing the lady had found her poor dead rabbit, exwife went over to feign not knowing anything about the poor bunny. She ran over and asked the lady what's wrong, to which she replied

"My pet rabbit died the day before I left on my trip, I buried it out back, and now it's back in it's cage!"
    Maybe why thats why she is your ex. She is lying.

That joke has been around for many, many years. I think it is from a Readers Digest or something like that. When I thought I was right, I called a buddy of mine, and he finished the story for me. Said it was a least 35-40 years old

Now unless your ex was writing the joke column for RD 35 years ago, then...

I thought all the rabbits in Georgia swam in the lakes and ponds and attacked presidents. Therefore, there are no longer bunny rabbits in Georgia - the Secret Service has removed them.